i have almost 300k IP and riot told me to make a thread about it

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrKarato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuboBubo View Post
It looks like we are not currently planning to bring these back. I think that the "Choose your allegiance!" nature of this event makes it not a good fit. Sorry dude =(

Which one did you choose?
What about giving everyone a special icon for the Allegiance choice and allowing for the purchase of the icons? (What I mean is some kind of watermark or small touch like you guys did for the people who bought Legacy skins when they were originally made available?)

FatedTitan

04-09-2014

Quote:
It looks like we are not currently planning to bring these back. I think that the "Choose your allegiance!" nature of this event makes it not a good fit. Sorry dude =(

Which one did you choose?

I chose Lissandra's tribe, but I liked all of them. I just recently switched from the Riven icon from Lunar Revel because no one else really bought it so I was one of my only friends, or anyone I saw for that matter, with it. I'm kind of a completionist. My Pokedex is filling up fast lol.

Drakonitus

04-09-2014

Maybe Riot can allow players to buy old skins (eg Master Yi Assassin) in this way: every month a skin can become bought by 6300 IP.

With this people like me who have 2000 IP and already own all champions and all runes I need can use their IP @_@

Felfire

04-09-2014

If anything we should be able to gift stuff with IP.

BuboBubo

Business Analyst

04-09-2014
7 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
I chose Lissandra's tribe, but I liked all of them. I just recently switched from the Riven icon from Lunar Revel because no one else really bought it so I was one of my only friends, or anyone I saw for that matter, with it. I'm kind of a completionist. My Pokedex is filling up fast lol.
Yeah I have a small completion-ist itch but usually my laziness wins out - maybe the watermark suggestion above would happen in the future but I wouldn't expect it. I am not on the events team so I will stop discussing that stuff for now. I do appreciate the suggestions and sentiments in this thread though.

Without getting in to feasibility or pros/cons, the main themes so far are IP to skins in a gated way (rental, expensive, Small IP gains etc), gifting/transfers, gameplay (pick priority) and other types of customization (icons, league names, profile banners etc). Did I miss any categories? Would love to hear some more ideas outside of these areas if you have them!

Just to reiterate, there are no immediate plans to tackle this but it would be good to have a longer list of ideas for when the time comes.

FatedTitan

04-09-2014

100k IP to play with a Rioter of your choice. They must sit through a Best of 5 ARAM with you while you complain about everything that annoys you with League.

Grumpy Monkey, you will talk with me about Trundle!

Limakoko808

04-09-2014

Honestly i think this issue applies to a very small part of the community. For everyone else ip gains are ridiculously low.

Having said that, BuboBubo what do you think of the idea to have the option to buy all champion icons to use? I think if you price it at around 2000 ip it could be a significant ip sink for the people who own everything while not being overpriced for other players.

Coldmanj

04-09-2014

Quote:
Yeah I have a small completion-ist itch but usually my laziness wins out - maybe the watermark suggestion above would happen in the future but I wouldn't expect it. I am not on the events team so I will stop discussing that stuff for now. I do appreciate the suggestions and sentiments in this thread though.

Without getting in to feasibility or pros/cons, the main themes so far are IP to skins in a gated way (rental, expensive, Small IP gains etc), gifting/transfers, gameplay (pick priority) and other types of customization (icons, league names, profile banners etc). Did I miss any categories? Would love to hear some more ideas outside of these areas if you have them!

Just to reiterate, there are no immediate plans to tackle this but it would be good to have a longer list of ideas for when the time comes.
I myself no longer have use for IP outside of new champion releases. When I saw IP to skin and rental next to it a fun and somewhat novel idea came into my head that wouldnt result in a loss of revenue for Riot. create a per match rental system, for say 1000 IP you could use a skin for that match, allowing the player to see what that skin looks like for themselves. If they really like the skin they can buy it for RP or if they have the IP to spare keep renting it out.

just an idea.

Pro Anïvïa

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
i actually have a velocity icon

im probably one of 10 people total who own it

BuboBubo

Business Analyst

04-09-2014
8 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limakoko808 View Post
Honestly i think this issue applies to a very small part of the community. For everyone else ip gains are ridiculously low.

Having said that, BuboBubo what do you think of the idea to have the option to buy all champion icons to use? I think if you price it at around 2000 ip it could be a significant ip sink for the people who own everything while not being overpriced for other players.
It's clear that some players would definitely be interested but there are a lot of additional questions that are beyond of my scope (should it be purchased, unlocked via play, how does it fit in with our other personalization efforts and tons more things that I haven't considered). My opinion here is of limited use as other Rioters are much more informed/have thought about this issue far beyond me.

Sorry if that's not too helpful I'd definitely slog through a best of 5 aram with Fated if it got me a Darius icon!