i have almost 300k IP and riot told me to make a thread about it

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FatedTitan

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuboBubo View Post
Had not seen this suggestion before - I will bring it up - I have no clue what the stance on this would be (since they were event related)

Technically, the Lunar Revel icons were an event as well

daft inquisitor

04-09-2014

Hey Raiyan, before you go, drop me some Mystery Gifts. You're not gonna need your RP or IP anymore, since you're quitting the game, right?

Rueian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2014

What if skins gained an IP price that was absurd to the RP price.
I don't know how much IP you value RP at, but assume that IP to RP ratio was normally 6.5:1 (based off of the 6300 IP / 975 RP champion)
What if we raised it to something like 50:1 making a 975 skin cost about 48,750IP (throwing out random numbers)
This would incentivize IP stockpiling while not discourage players that the rising IP they are gaining is for nothing. (we would need to keep an eye on IP boosts so that riot doesn't inherently lose money from players buying boosts.)

Another IP sink could be
-more Profile themes, much like the SGU and Pulse fire themes.
-Announcer Voice packs
-IP exclusive skins (IE: Golden skins from Smite)

Tisio

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
Also he is definitively still able to be an assassin.
He isn't though.

Greenbanana

04-09-2014

What if we could make custom ward banners with IP. You would buy patterns/colors to customize your banner for wards! MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW!

FantasySniper

04-09-2014

I don't think this would inspire players to keep playing, it would more likely make them stray because they know there is a reward that they will likely never realistically reach. Almost anyone that "has everything" is from the Season 1 or 2 scene (or they have just been playing way too much LoL), and although these players are deserving of recognition, that does not necessarily mean they deserve above-average treatment from RIOT for being attentive or loyal to RIOT's game.

That would be favoritism, not praise or appreciation.

If you can find a way to grant players a continuous, hopefully frequent, usage for their IP, it would solve every rich player's problems. Not that they need to be privileged any more than access to literally every game-modifying element in-game.

Summoner icons or special purpose tokens seem to be the safest method of allowing an outlet for extra IP.

Blunts4Brekfast

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
Hey BuboBubo, any way that you can put the three Freljord icons in the store for 1500 IP so that we can grab the two we didn't choose?

great idea, i would even support making them 15000 IP.

XeonDev

04-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TractusUO View Post
First pick token is a good idea...you cant purchase IP, you have to play the game to get it. Getting perks for playing the game is the point of IP... people can be daft.
LOL
Stupidest thing that I've heard so far.

Blunts4Brekfast

04-09-2014

should let us buy ARAM rerolls with IP

BuboBubo

Business Analyst

04-09-2014
6 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
Technically, the Lunar Revel icons were an event as well
It looks like we are not currently planning to bring these back. I think that the "Choose your allegiance!" nature of this event makes it not a good fit. Sorry dude =(

Which one did you choose?