i have almost 300k IP and riot told me to make a thread about it

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DIsaman19

04-08-2014

I'm a new player, and I have absolutely no problem with most of these. The people complaining about segregating the newbs from the long time players are delusional, as there is (and should be) a gap there already. I see a way to spend extra IP as INCENTIVE to keep playing.

There is 1 idea that absolutely won't work from a purely economic standpoint. And that is gifting large amount of IP/IP purchasable items. All that does is get more people to the point of unusable currency faster.

I LOVE the idea of renting skins, though I think it should be for a week or a month at a cost of something like 20k/week instead of 3k/game. Or maybe even daily for 5k. You could also allow these rentals to be gifted (allowing for you to get together with some friends and play and all Commando or all Vandal team or something fun like that.

Rubber Jesus

04-08-2014

If you play the game this much, for this long, your rewards should be validated and allow you extra perks others do not get. IMO, playing since November 2013, I respect you for that dedication. Let the man buy some skins, cheaper or for overpriced IP.

GoobMudtoe

04-08-2014

"As another person with too much IP I agree with a lot of this stuff especially the Skin feature or simply gifting IP"

I certainly think something should be available to utilize all the IP you've accumulated, but I don't think gifting IP is a good idea.

What will happen is servers full of level 1 smurfs with full mastery\rune pages...

pro4never

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobMudtoe View Post
"As another person with too much IP I agree with a lot of this stuff especially the Skin feature or simply gifting IP"

I certainly think something should be available to utilize all the IP you've accumulated, but I don't think gifting IP is a good idea.

What will happen is servers full of level 1 smurfs with full mastery\rune pages...

You say it like it's an issue.

Most smurfs are either champ only accounts or people learning roles OR they are just boosting/borrowing accounts from others.

Having 50k IP on a level 1 smurf doesn't do anything much and is really you saying "I actually want to play this account as an alt".

Siigari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2014

I have been playing for four years and I, too, have well over 100k IP. I feel that I have nothing to spend it on.

Because I don't.

Aerothal

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuboBubo View Post
Been thinking about if/how to respond for two days. On one hand, since I have nothing specific to share it seems like the benefit to you guys would be minimal. On the other hand, if me responding sets the expectation of changes coming soon (nothing immediate is planned atm), then I have created downside for everyone involved.

We really are listening for feedback whenever we can - replying/posting is just scary stuff.
I thought that being able to buy small stuff (like the two icons) for IP was great. I dont expect skins, since that's the cash flow that keeps your company alive, but giving small incentives like the icons and name changes is awesome!

IAintDarius

04-08-2014

A few of these prizes don't feel like they are worth spending years grinding IP /:

50K IP just to change your rank name?!
100K for a splashart icon?!
7800 just to be first pick in ONE game? (Bonus feels for when you lose horribly)

I highly doubt most of the community is that dedicated or has that much IP just lying around like you for such simple add-ons...

Aerothal

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAintDarius View Post
A few of these prizes don't feel like they are worth spending years grinding IP /:

50K IP just to change your rank name?!
100K for a splashart icon?!
7800 just to be first pick in ONE game? (Bonus feels for when you lose horribly)

I highly doubt most of the community is that dedicated or has that much IP just lying around like you for such simple add-ons...
name change is 13900IP right now
the icons you could buy were either 2500 or 3500 IP.
being able to "buy" firstpick would be an unfair advantage.

Going Ham

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by the brat prince View Post
yes sophomore year of college it was pretty much all i did

WildPslyDuck

04-08-2014

If I was a rioter I would have been like "Now, no need to brag..."