i have almost 300k IP and riot told me to make a thread about it

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ctrl Alt Tibbers

04-08-2014

I finished my champion pool around December, thus beginning my quest for every rune in the books. I'm a long ways from that, but I think it would be cool if I could actually earn something more once I get them all.

+1 and a bump to your thread.

VGBenderFender

04-08-2014

Love this idea, out of all of them, renting a skin sounds like such an awesome idea.

Gremlinfeller

04-08-2014

When you own everything worth IP, you unlock a new tab that you can throw in X amount of IP (leave that to ya'll to decide) in order to randomly be rewarded an RP item. Can call it "Summoner's Gamble" or whatever. Lol

Edit: This would, in my opinion, be a really cool feature. Could even have Twisted Fate dealing people cards and he can be like "Pick a card" and then you'd pick and be like "F*ck! Assassin Yi!".

TeaVeeBag

04-08-2014

can u gift me Elise Death Blossom skin please?!

PentaPuss

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuboBubo View Post
Right now, having hundreds of thousands of IP with nothing to spend it on is a pretty rare thing.
Having hundreds of thousands might be a rare thing, but having tens of thousands isn't. In fact there are probably hundreds of thousands of players who have tens of thousands of IP with nothing to spend it on.

Why not just allow skin purchases with IP but charge an exceptional amount of IP? Like, 35k IP for a 975.

calcyoulater

04-08-2014

do this

Penteano

04-08-2014

I guess I'll start acumulating IP soon since my champion pool is very small and I'm not interested in having all champions or runes in the game.

EnderWiggnz

04-08-2014

For those of us with this "problem", it is a little frustrating that there's nothing left to spend the IP on. I mean, I'm pretty sure I played the most ranked games in the world last year (S3), and I'm sitting on 200k+ IP and dont have a single thing to spend it on.

pro4never

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2014

I'm at every champ owned and around 20k left on my main. If I ever stop smurfing and bother to grind out diamond I'll be in much the same boat.

SiKkNdTwiSt3D

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
So here it is.

I sent in a ticket to riot and they told me "wow that's crazy. We dont know what to do about that, you should make a thread"

Here are my suggestions

1: Allow the conversion of IP to RP at a 20:1 Ratio, only when you have excess of 100kIP. This would take 9500 ip to get a 450 RP skin, 19500 ip to get a 975 skin, which is obviously a horrible rate, which is fine, it should be horrible cause riot needs to make money. since you can't do it until you get over 100k, most people will be deterred from using it. You may also lock this out until you own everything you can with IP. which i do.

2: Once a player has purchased everything possible with IP, award victories with 10 RP. It keeps players who have everything from trolling games and discourages smurf accounts. you may get tryhards who rage if they lose, so then make it ranked only to keep normal's casual. It also stops me from being sad at a big number i cant use.

3: Allow IP to be gift able in bundles of 50k, if you have purchased everything in the store. This way my ranked team can get more champs so trading at champ select is easier. If riot does anything on this thread it will likely be this.

4: Allow people who have everything to "rent" a skin for one game only for 3k IP.

5: Allow people who have everything to purchase additional refund tokens 7800IP.

6: Allow people who have everything to purchase a "sale" token which makes all non legendary/theme skins to be half price for one purchase. This way you are getting more RP anyway 7800IP.

7: Allow people who have everything to purchase a "first pick" token for solo Q. you use it before you Q up. Some people might not like it, but these are influence points right? If im so influential i should get to be captain more. 7800 for each one. Also i would win more promos and be diamond 3 again.

8: Allow people who have everything to spend to change to a league name they like. Xin zhaos weapon-masters is cool but it rather be something for nautilus. Heck, let me change the name of the league im in for 50k IP. it's not like the name matters anyway.

9: Let the IP from my wins be distributed as bonus ip to my teammates.

10: Whenever someone who has everything honors someone, the honor comes with a gift of 1k IP, since I'm so old and wise, when i choose to honor, they deserve a little something. It comes from my account of course, and Any honor to the same person more than once a week will give them no IP. This one is cool cause once people find out they will suck up to me and probably be less ragey.

11: If I pay 100k IP i get to take a little screenshot of any splash art to make my own summoner icon. If it is deemed inappropriate i lose my icon with no refund. Bam.

There are 11 suggestions. Feedback and ideas would be great. I would also like some riot discussion on the topic.

Also i've been playing a long time, and yes i did spend real money. Pretty much only only skins though. And when MF came out i was 2k IP short and i didnt want to wait so i bought her with RP.

i Will add good ideas to this list.
I'm sitting on 30k ip myself. This is Good stuff right here!