i have almost 300k IP and riot told me to make a thread about it

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tehemai

Senior Member

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightNooblar View Post
More content... more money...

Yes sounds reasonable to me. Unless you're talking about making your first rune page easier to get, in which case i'm totally onboard with changing that. I'd happily sign on for a freebie token that allowed players to get 27 runes and 3 quints for free just to give them one solid page without worrying about the cost.

However that doesn't sound like it is what you're talking about.
That is a start. It sucks at how long this game takes to get going. I've been playing for like half a year and I'm nowhere near ready to go into ranked. I started off playing with my best friend but he stopped playing because the grind was simply too ridiculous to get this game really started. It's all fine and dandy for experienced player but this game way too hard on new players. It's demoralizing to know you have to play like 100 games for a champion than another 50-100 for good runes for that champion. Then you have to do that for a bunch of champions because you can't rely on being able to play that champion or even that role.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tehemai

Senior Member

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
dawg im telling u

if you get 10 real champs

get all the 450 ip ones that it all you need, no disadvantage
I have been playing since end of october. I have like 10 champions. 2 of them were free, 5 of them were 450 ip. You think that's normal that a new player has to play so long to acquire so little?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehemai View Post
That is a start. It sucks at how long this game takes to get going. I've been playing for like half a year and I'm nowhere near ready to go into ranked. I started off playing with my best friend but he stopped playing because the grind was simply too ridiculous to get this game really started. It's all fine and dandy for experienced player but this game way too hard on new players. It's demoralizing to know you have to play like 100 games for a champion than another 50-100 for good runes for that champion. Then you have to do that for a bunch of champions because you can't rely on being able to play that champion or even that role.
getting to 30 +20 bucks and you are set

got my roommate into it when he hit 30 he was almost ready for ranked and he refuses to spend a dime


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehemai View Post
I have been playing since end of october. I have like 10 champions. 2 of them were free, 5 of them were 450 ip. You think that's normal that a new player has to play so long to acquire so little?
Also that has 0 to do with the thread title, stay on topic please


not about you hombre


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tehemai

Senior Member

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
getting to 30 +20 bucks and you are set

got my roommate into it when he hit 30 he was almost ready for ranked and he refuses to spend a dime
6 months bro. I have to spend money + 6 months to get started? Really?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehemai View Post
That's already a lie, you can't even participate without 16 champions. Also, you're at a severe disadvantage if that's all you have. That's called pay 2 win.
Its not pay to win. Its pay for shortcut to competitive. I can't drop 500 bucks and suddenly spike my win rate. Even as a new player I couldn't have done that. I could have skipped a long time of IP farming I guess, but I'd just be a silver player with the whole roster and a lot of skins. But to me, league is a game and I enjoy playing it. So i dont mind playing a game and enjoying it on the way to owning all the champs. As it is I'm only about a dozen champs away from full roster, but I don't even play a third of them.

I'd say I could give up half my champions, and half my rune pages, and it would have had no impact on where I placed. 2 of my rune pages are blank, I just bought them because they were on sale. Of the 6-8 filled ones, I think at least 3 havn't seen use in the last 300 games. I can tell you i've never selected Akali, Cass, Corki, Elise, Eve, Jayce, Kass, Kat, Kayle, LB, Lulu, MF, Nid, Noct, Olaf, Ori, Poppy, Riven, Shaco, Sion, Trist, Trynd, TF, Udyr, Vayne, Wukong or Yasuo with any expectation of competency. About half of them I don't think I've ever selected them period. However I do own all of them, in case people want to trade, or I decide its worth trying to add one of them to my roster of champs I'm familiar with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehemai View Post
That is a start. It sucks at how long this game takes to get going. I've been playing for like half a year and I'm nowhere near ready to go into ranked. I started off playing with my best friend but he stopped playing because the grind was simply too ridiculous to get this game really started. It's all fine and dandy for experienced player but this game way too hard on new players. It's demoralizing to know you have to play like 100 games for a champion than another 50-100 for good runes for that champion. Then you have to do that for a bunch of champions because you can't rely on being able to play that champion or even that role.
If you own 16 champs and have two full runes pages, you're ready for ranked. If you get placed in bronze 5 and it takes you 200 games to crawl out, so be it. Its not that different from playing 200 games farming and practicing and placing in silver 5.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehemai View Post
6 months bro. I have to spend money + 6 months to get started? Really?
Again, not the point of the thread.

You are free to talk about your riot-charges-me-too-much-for-a-free-game stuff in any other thread


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tehemai

Senior Member

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightNooblar View Post
Its not pay to win. Its pay for shortcut to competitive. I can't drop 500 bucks and suddenly spike my win rate. Even as a new player I couldn't have done that. I could have skipped a long time of IP farming I guess, but I'd just be a silver player with the whole roster and a lot of skins. But to me, league is a game and I enjoy playing it. So i dont mind playing a game and enjoying it on the way to owning all the champs. As it is I'm only about a dozen champs away from full roster, but I don't even play a third of them.

I'd say I could give up half my champions, and half my rune pages, and it would have had no impact on where I placed. 2 of my rune pages are blank, I just bought them because they were on sale. Of the 6-8 filled ones, I think at least 3 havn't seen use in the last 300 games. I can tell you i've never selected Akali, Cass, Corki, Elise, Eve, Jayce, Kass, Kat, Kayle, LB, Lulu, MF, Nid, Noct, Olaf, Ori, Poppy, Riven, Shaco, Sion, Trist, Trynd, TF, Udyr, Vayne, Wukong or Yasuo with any expectation of competency. About half of them I don't think I've ever selected them period. However I do own all of them, in case people want to trade, or I decide its worth trying to add one of them to my roster of champs I'm familiar with.
It's not pay 2 win eventually. But you do gain advantage for about the first year or so at least.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

the brat prince

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tehemai

Senior Member

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
Again, not the point of the thread.

You are free to talk about your riot-charges-me-too-much-for-a-free-game stuff in any other thread
It's actually not completely off topic either. The point is to think about new players as well. Now if you go over your suggestions again, you'll see that a lot of your suggestions give perks only to the more veteran players which just keep making the gap between the early adopters and the new players wider.

Example: You getting access to rp while beginners do not, or you sharing your excess ip with other veteran players you get matched with while beginners will never get any of that due to the matchmaking system.