i have almost 300k IP and riot told me to make a thread about it

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

So here it is.

I sent in a ticket to riot and they told me "wow that's crazy. We dont know what to do about that, you should make a thread"

Here are my suggestions

1: Allow the conversion of IP to RP at a 20:1 Ratio, only when you have excess of 100kIP. This would take 9500 ip to get a 450 RP skin, 19500 ip to get a 975 skin, which is obviously a horrible rate, which is fine, it should be horrible cause riot needs to make money. since you can't do it until you get over 100k, most people will be deterred from using it. You may also lock this out until you own everything you can with IP. which i do.

2: Once a player has purchased everything possible with IP, award victories with 10 RP. It keeps players who have everything from trolling games and discourages smurf accounts. you may get tryhards who rage if they lose, so then make it ranked only to keep normal's casual. It also stops me from being sad at a big number i cant use.

3: Allow IP to be gift able in bundles of 50k, if you have purchased everything in the store. This way my ranked team can get more champs so trading at champ select is easier. If riot does anything on this thread it will likely be this.

4: Allow people who have everything to "rent" a skin for one game only for 3k IP.

5: Allow people who have everything to purchase additional refund tokens 7800IP.

6: Allow people who have everything to purchase a "sale" token which makes all non legendary/theme skins to be half price for one purchase. This way you are getting more RP anyway 7800IP.

7: Allow people who have everything to purchase a "first pick" token for solo Q. you use it before you Q up. Some people might not like it, but these are influence points right? If im so influential i should get to be captain more. 7800 for each one. Also i would win more promos and be diamond 3 again.

8: Allow people who have everything to spend to change to a league name they like. Xin zhaos weapon-masters is cool but it rather be something for nautilus. Heck, let me change the name of the league im in for 50k IP. it's not like the name matters anyway.

9: Let the IP from my wins be distributed as bonus ip to my teammates.

10: Whenever someone who has everything honors someone, the honor comes with a gift of 1k IP, since I'm so old and wise, when i choose to honor, they deserve a little something. It comes from my account of course, and Any honor to the same person more than once a week will give them no IP. This one is cool cause once people find out they will suck up to me and probably be less ragey.

11: If I pay 100k IP i get to take a little screenshot of any splash art to make my own summoner icon. If it is deemed inappropriate i lose my icon with no refund. Bam.

12: Mystery gift myself for 40k IP.

There are 12 suggestions. Feedback and ideas would be great. I would also like some riot discussion on the topic.

Also i've been playing a long time, and yes i did spend real money. Pretty much only only skins though. And when MF came out i was 2k IP short and i didnt want to wait so i bought her with RP.

i Will add good ideas to this list.

commando2341

04-05-2014

Most of the ideas are good. I've always thought it silly that IP isn't gift able. The only one I disagree with is the first-pick token.
Otherwise,good job. @Rito please listen

A Stoned Ezreal

04-05-2014

bump, I like this a lot, as a fellow player from season one I also have everything unlocked and don't even know what to do with ip anymore

Menea6587

04-05-2014

What about buying cosmetic stuff for your summoner and forum profile for only IP? Like a prestige system?

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

1; Nope. Only way you can ever do a conversion is a market price system. Otherwise you'd see botters farming RP and selling mystery gifts, etc.

2; An interesting idea. Do you include 9 of every rune and 3 of every quint as well?

6; (edit) I like the new idea, much better than refund tokens, given that you can't use the refund tokens on much at that point.

7; Players shouldn't be able to pay to make other players second class.

9; Interesting. It incentivizes playing with friends, which is sort of cool.

As for expending your personal hoard, steal peoples retired summoner names for a giggle.

Starrow

04-05-2014

7-10 no. Everything else is good

11 doesn't really work.

DarkLiquidDeath

04-05-2014

Bump

TractusUO

04-05-2014

First pick token is a good idea...you cant purchase IP, you have to play the game to get it. Getting perks for playing the game is the point of IP... people can be daft.

iWangsterB

04-05-2014

Great idea, I'm not gonna lie, but it would more so than not affect the people who do not have "everything" and over "100k IP."

What do you mean by having "everything?" Do you mean having every champion in the game or everything that you could buy IP with, including runes (9 of each rune and 3 of each quintessence) and maxed out rune pages?

TBH, it seems like you want to segregate yourself and those with "everything" from those who don't have "everything." This idea you're offering is a form of segregation, which awards the prestige and disregards the non-prestigious. Being a veteran of this game for however many years, does not entitle you to something better. I don't see this idea as being a motivation to possess "everything" in this game, because you don't need them skins and the upperhand of something. This game is about skills, not about how many things you can acquire. Sure, the skins and whatnot may contradict what I just said, but this idea is still not a GREAT idea. By implementing this prestigious "crown" to those with "everything" or have more than 100k IP, you're insulting the base majority of this game. Getting 100k IP will take a long time to achieve.

Before I came to play League, I was playing a FPS game called Soldier Front. Despite the fact that there were hackers in that game, this game thrived in prosperity for 5 years. 5 solid years of 20k players. Most of the lobby rooms were maxed out. People had to click the lobby rooms for a minute or so, just so they could get into the lobby. It was extremely crowded. However, this prosperity soon fell, for those veteran soldiers decided it was a good idea to segregate the "noobs" from the "prestige." They were always trying to offer new ideas to the former company ijji, like the way you are doing right now, to crown the players who had been playing for years. Long story shortened, the base majority of that game immediately flew out the window. Now, the game stands at only 500-600 players, 1k max.

The point here, is sure it'd be a great idea for those who have over 100k IP or have "everything;" however, you need to take into account what the base majority of the game has to say. If the majority agrees with this implementation, then by all means implement it. If this idea is frowned upon, get it out of the way.

Gibbon100

04-05-2014

I dont think they would go with the idea with buying rp with ip. Especially because botters will just become more common place.

I do like idea 4 though.
Would be cool if people could rent things like other f2p games do.
It wouldn't be worth it but it allows people to try out a skin and use all that extra ip they have

1234511 ... 20