Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Just newbie looking for some guidance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaisenDankairaku

04-04-2014

I am a bronze 3 summoner who is looking to improve my gameplay and carry myself out of bronze. I'm not going to go on about bronze having noobs and feeder because i'm sure all tiers and divisions have them. What want to know is if anyone who has ever been in my position before could probably give me an idea as to what i can do in order to carry myself. At the current moment I'm most comfortable in top lane with champions such as renekton, irelia, riven and rumble. But the role that troubles me mostly is jungle. I have vi and noc but for some reason I just can't seem to get the role of jungler done right. I can keep timer but for some reason my ganks either fail or i'm never in the right place at the right time. Can anyone help me with that too?

Matthias9119

04-05-2014

You might want to try the SR forum rather than the one for low-level players.

TehomCD

04-05-2014

If you have some way of recording your games and uploading them to youtube or twitch.tv, I'd be happy to watch them and see if I can point out anything useful. Otherwise I can try to find sometime when you're playing and spectate.

For generic advice, mostly you need to recognize what your weaknesses are. If you're always winning lane but not winning games, it's usually a matter of rotations (like needing to push and then group up with your team while someone on the enemy team deals with your pushing lane, giving you a numbers advantage) or learning how to close out games by warding their jungle or prioritizing objectives properly.

If you're often losing your lane, it might be a matter of learning matchups or working on mechanics, like trading properly, or developing better map awareness to know when you're in danger of a jungle gank or roam from another lane.

I think your rune page for supports might be slightly too heavy on damage and too light on tankiness if you're playing champions like Leona, but that's just my opinion. Masteries look pretty much fine to me.

Smashcat

04-05-2014

I've been giving free coaching, I can give you an assessment and try to help decide what your strengths/weaknesses are. If you're interested add me in game and mention this post, I've got a bad memory. X_X I'll be on tomorrow afternoon, good luck!

~Smashcat

ChroniChamp

04-05-2014

If you are struggling, or thriving to improve, stop by Synergy Sanctuary to learn, grow and evolve as a player together with some of the most positive players you will meet in the gaming world today!
Our Vision:
To create a toxic-free environment where gamers of all skill levels can unite to meet friends, enjoy the world of gaming, pursue personal goals and learn.

How do I join SS?

Join our Community RaidCall Channel
Room Name: Synergy Sanctuary
Room ID:8353644
Download Link for RaidCall: http://www.raidcall.com

New Community Website + Forums: http://www.synergysanctuary.com

5AcrossTheEyes

04-05-2014

Smash is awesome.

KaisenDankairaku

04-05-2014

Quote:
TehomCD:
If you have some way of recording your games and uploading them to youtube or twitch.tv, I'd be happy to watch them and see if I can point out anything useful. Otherwise I can try to find sometime when you're playing and spectate.

For generic advice, mostly you need to recognize what your weaknesses are. If you're always winning lane but not winning games, it's usually a matter of rotations (like needing to push and then group up with your team while someone on the enemy team deals with your pushing lane, giving you a numbers advantage) or learning how to close out games by warding their jungle or prioritizing objectives properly.

If you're often losing your lane, it might be a matter of learning matchups or working on mechanics, like trading properly, or developing better map awareness to know when you're in danger of a jungle gank or roam from another lane.

I think your rune page for supports might be slightly too heavy on damage and too light on tankiness if you're playing champions like Leona, but that's just my opinion. Masteries look pretty much fine to me.

Lol yeah I probably should get some Health quints for the supports I play like leona, thresh and alistar. I don't have a way to record games but I have friend that might have some replays of games i've played even on their pc