Yi is op

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DayDemonz

01-07-2010

He's op... Anyone who disagrees PLAYS Yi...

In a teamfight we forgot to go after yi... And he killed our whole ****ing team. One of our teamates almost got away. But, wait his ult recharges whenever he kills someone so he pretty much has infinite ult cause he can solo anyone he fights. So he caught up to him... He had his ult for like 20 seconds.

Lcr2003

01-07-2010

EDIT - I think a reasonable fix would be to put a maximum number of times his ult can insta-refresh. THAT seems to be the real issue. If there are 2 "sub-par" players on your team (feeders) for him to kill...thats a LOT of ult refreshment.

I posted almost this same exact thing in another thread...

I mostly play tank heroes, and here's what gets me the most frustrated about Yi...

As a tank, i HAVE to do well the entire early-mid game period; last-hitting creeps, hopefully getting a few champ kills and/or assists, just farming in general. Tanks have become VERY gear dependent as more and more patches come out, and the effectiveness of defensive items is decreased. WHY!?!?

Master Yi on the other hand, doesn't have to do jack @#$& early-mid game and he will still likely become a POWERHOUSE end-game regardless.

To sum it up...Why should my tank HAVE to play well the ENTIRE game, just to hope he can effectively tank a Master Yi who died 5-6 times early-game and didnt even get any kills? Why does the Master Yi who died 5-6 times and didnt even get any kills, notably outmatch my tank who last hit 150+ creeps and got 3-4 kills AND assists?

And of course the GOOD Master Yis, the ones who DO perform well early-mid game just become ridiculous late-game (re. hitting a malphite with 400 armor for over 1000 damage).

ShadowedFate

01-07-2010

Don't you know stuns stop him? (/sarcasm)

I'm kinda sick of playing where my only thought at the Champ select screen is, can I stop the inevitable Yi on the opposing team. To me, he is op simply because I do have to think that way. I should not have to go out of my way to prepare for a single champion. Do I have to play TF or use Clairvoyance just because there might be stealthers on the other team? No. Do I need to have a tank to win a game for sure? Not always, depends on the knowledge of the dps players. Do I need a team with a stun + a 1k+ hit dps to kill one champ? Yep, thus Yi is OP as hell.

Haluc

01-07-2010

Your team should have plenty of CC, otherwise your team line-up isn't very viable. CC > Yi

EDIT: BTW, I don't play Yi.

mystiknite

01-07-2010

How about you increase the duration of his ulti by 1-3 seoonds and get rid of the refreshing part of it, and increase the cooldown by 10 seconds, or you can make it so it just refreshes one particular skill like alpha strike.

Bwuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

None of us knew he was Op till now, I must thank you Kanka

Dracorya

01-07-2010

Shocking news...you know, like this hasn't been repeated a bazillion times on the forums and nobody bothers to go into the test forum to read the patch notes.

NEWS FLASH! Yi is getting a nerf to his late game ownage ability in the next patch.

renticletape

01-07-2010

Thornmail, frozen heart and some extra HP counters him pretty well. You need to build to counter many champs. When an opposing team has a stacked annie or skilled blitzcrank you build banshee's veil. Pretty much the same thing goes for Yi. If your fighting against him and you have a purely glass cannon build, don't QQ when he 2 shots you.

Haluc

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by renticletape View Post
Thornmail, frozen heart and some extra HP counters him pretty well. You need to build to counter many champs. When an opposing team has a stacked annie or skilled blitzcrank you build banshee's veil. Pretty much the same thing goes for Yi. If your fighting against him and you have a purely glass cannon build, don't QQ when he 2 shots you.
I find it funny that so many people build items without any consideration to what the enemy champions are. Maybe if people employed common sense like what you stated we wouldn't have all of these "YI OP" threads.

KiwiTheTORT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

Would it stop people from QQing about Yi if the mana cost of his ult doubled for the next 10 seconds every time he got a kill? Honestly I haven't seen a yi in probably 10 or 15 matches. Where I am I find he quickly gets shut down unless I'm paired with a pre-made that really shouldn't be playing with people my level.

12345 ... 7