Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Good Thresh Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TechnoD

04-04-2014

I've been playing Thresh for a bit and I'm really enjoying him so far as a support. The build I have come up with for him is:
Ionian Boots - Homeguards
Tailsman of Ascension
Ruby Sightstone
Guardian Angel
Randuin's Omen
Mikael's Crucible
Thank you again for the feedback. The build seems to be working for me, but I want to know if it would work if I were to go into ranked?

Ryuukii

04-05-2014

GA is not the best on Thresh, you can use that slot for say Locket to help out your team. This is because you don't do that much damage that you need to stay alive, and that your utilities on Thresh won't be that awesome to use again if you come back up with GA.

Homeguards is good for getting back into lane early and also if you're defending your side of the map whereas Captain's is now a bit cheaper and you can also help out your team, but that's just preference

Aside from that that's about right, also pick up a sweeper!

GON the Mage Guy

04-05-2014

Be flexible in your builds. Having a standard build fine sometimes, but not every team is built the same. Sometimes you'll need more Magic Resist, so opt for a Locket of the Iron Solari. Guardian Angel isn't optimal on him and better suited for squishy champs, consider another support item like Twin Shadows, Zeke's Herald, or Ohmwrecker. Have a couple of core items, but watch what the enemy buys so you can properly counter later in the game.

This goes for boots, too. Unless you're running Teleport, or you're in a defensive position constantly around your base, Alacrity, Distortion or Captain may be a better choice.

Again, this all depends on the situation and what's going on. Be dynamic!

TehomCD

04-05-2014

Even with the nerf to mobility boots, they can be pretty strong on Thresh because of your ability to catch people who are trying to get away and save people who are running towards you. With lantern, think of it as actually giving move speed to someone else.

Mustachismo

04-05-2014

Quote:
Ryuukii:
GA is not the best on Thresh, you can use that slot for say Locket to help out your team. This is because you don't do that much damage that you need to stay alive, and that your utilities on Thresh won't be that awesome to use again if you come back up with GA.

He said he has Talisman - which I assume he'll build into locket. Though agreed you don't want GA on Thresh. You have no magic resist in the mix - which you will probably need if they have a balanced team. Better to get Banshee's Veil or Spirit Visage than GA.

And Mobility is a stronger option on Thresh then Ionian. Also if your team isn't defending hard - get Command instead of Homeguard.

5C4r3Cr0w

04-05-2014

Quote:
Mustachismo:
He said he has Talisman - which I assume he'll build into locket. Though agreed you don't want GA on Thresh. You have no magic resist in the mix - which you will probably need if they have a balanced team. Better to get Banshee's Veil or Spirit Visage than GA.

And Mobility is a stronger option on Thresh then Ionian. Also if your team isn't defending hard - get Command instead of Homeguard.

Talismen builds into locket?

I would never get a SV over banshees or mikkaels.

boots are situational.