Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My first 3 LoL games ever and all 3 had leavers on my team.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mustachismo

04-04-2014

Awesome - is this what I can expect? I thought there was a tribunal but this game is a bunch of people yelling at each other til someone quits. Usually they say "gonna to play on my main I dont need this" and then leave. Awesome.

3rdWorstPlayerNA

04-04-2014

Quote:
Mustachismo:
Awesome - is this what I can expect? I thought there was a tribunal but this game is a bunch of people yelling at each other til someone quits. Usually they say "gonna to play on my main I dont need this" and then leave. Awesome.

If it's your first 3 games ever, then... First, are you sitting down? Okay, I'll assume you are. The early levels in League are filled with people who have gotten banned on their other accounts. It's probably the most toxic region of League, in my opinion.

Now, you may be asking, "Well how am I supposed to learn or have fun?" Have no fear. You will get separated from those arsehats by around level 10, even earlier if you find some of the numerous threads on here about helping newcomers to the game. Don't let the socially challenged impact your fun in League, it's a great game. If you need to, just play beginner bots for a tad. Learn to last hit creeps, try out free champs, etc.

Invisibleally

04-04-2014

Quote:
Mustachismo:

It doesn't happen every game, but neither is it infrequent. Considering many games have a total of 6 or 10 players, getting one leaver per game, unfortunately, is pretty darn good. You also have to consider that sometimes people actually really do have computer or connection problems, so it isn't ALWAYS just some jerkbag that said "Heh, heh, today I'm gonna GET that Mustachismo guy, heh heh"...although with that name, you know some of them are just jealous

The Tribunal is a way for the players to help Riot determine which reported parties are REALLY undermining the game. If you hate ragequitters, just wait until you experience people that think ruining the game for everyone else is 'fun'.

Ragequitters and Trolls will say anything- ANYTHING to make you believe that they aren't unhappy, because their aim is to share their dissatisfaction with the world. They have just forgotten that the world doesn't revolve around them, and like to ignore the fact that they are hurting innocent people.

Over time, the general attitude is improving, but try to remember that everyone is the 'main character' in their own eyes. You aren't so important that a person would go out of their way to hurt you- most of the time if someone raves at you, it's just because they are angry and you are the nearest target.

I don't even need the IP points any more, but I still try to vote on the Tribunal because I can tell that the general attitude is improving.

Be well.

Invisibleally

04-04-2014

Quote:
3rdWorstPlayerNA:
The early levels in League are filled with people who have gotten banned on their other accounts. It's probably the most toxic region of League, in my opinion.

When you play games and find friendly players, try to add them as friends. My early levels went a lot better just for having someone amiable around. If you add someone and they start getting toxic, try to be nice but tell them it's not cool to act that way- and if you're like me and someone gets really bad- just remove them. No one starting playing league to be a counselor to a bunch of a**holes.

You give people the benefit of the doubt, and try to forgive what you can, but if you just feel hate in your heart around a person and they won't change, it's better to seperate yourself from them.

AbbyVicious

04-05-2014

I basically came to say the same thing as everyone else. I dealt with a lot of rage quitters, afk's, and feeders when I first started playing. I would say I am still most definitely a noob, but I have reached level 11 and it seems to me that the matchmaking has really leveled out. I havent played more than two game since I reached level 10 where there was any of that. It for the most part has been people who are at my skill level and all want to learn. It does get better! If you want a friendly person to play with who is around your level, feel free to add me

BabysUnlimited

04-05-2014

Yup I support everyones position. I now rarely get afkers although it still happens its unpreventable. An afker doesnt mean a loss, you can easily win a 4v5 with a good team composition and strategy.