Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bronze support, I need help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AveoAmare

04-04-2014

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I like playing morgana support. I miss a lot of Q's. I do everything else right as far as I can tell, I buy sightstone and sweeper, I stay with my adc and I don't steal cs. I listen to pings. I get yelled at a lot for missing q...

Q is really hard to hit.

So I want some help, maybe some tips? Thanks in advance!

Cronnopop

04-04-2014

Skillshots is one of the hardest things for newer player's to learn. Try using smartcasting, that's what I use. Also try anticipating player movements. Intermediate bot games would be a good place to practice. That's about all the advice that I can give.

Invisibleally

04-04-2014

Smartcasting is absolutely fantastic, totally agree with Cronnopop. As an experienced gamer playing against other players in a lot of different games, I will say this: Most of the time you will land more skill shots if you fire anywhere other than where your target expects. See, a player's natural tendency is to try to avoid your shots, meaning that when you let fly, USUALLY they are going to anticipate the attack and try to end up anywhere but where they currently are.

-Shoot NEAR them instead of AT them.
-It's better to take a shot than not to try.
-Try attacking from the bushes.
-If your Q isn't needed right away, hold your fire for an extra moment. It throws off the enemy's timing and expectations.
-Watch the habits of your opponent closely and time their skill usage, then COUNTERATTACK right when they stop to use a skill. Sometimes players will stop momentarily when they use a skill, because they are watching to see if the skill hits.
-Try firing your spell from different ranges, you might be more accustomed to a particular range.

As you practice the basics of gameplay they become second nature to you, and your mind will begin to focus on other bits of information- you'll start aiming ahead without even thinking about it. So don't worry.

AveoAmare

04-04-2014

I have smart casting on actually. Thanks for the tips guys, I'm still really new to the game, only been playing a couple months.

Its funny, I had someone watch my game and I hit almost all my q's lol, kind of figures lol. maybe i should pretend someone is always watching me and i'll do better lol.

Dat Dude

04-05-2014

Diagonal is fatter than straight.

De crescendo

04-05-2014

if you want some help you can join me and the guild im in. we have a lot of nice ppl and awesome gamers in there that will play with you! add me De Crescendo