Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Guinsoo is working on Fiora

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riellic

04-29-2014

thought this was about guinsoo's rageblade lol

cuz that also works on her cuz more damage out of riposte

JustBoneBrook

05-05-2014

Quote:
Styx Ventrue:
http://i.imgur.com/BpNbagZ.png
http://i.imgur.com/6QWqo2D.png

Fiora is really strong right now, I picked her up less then 24 hours ago and it really is just hitting your keys as fast as possible to get max damage and kill potential. I really like the sound of the new ult because it involves more decision making, however with only 4 casts it seems a bit underwhelming during early team fights especially if she is transitioning away from an assassin which I find to be odd since bruisers don't fit as well as assassins in the mid lane. I'd really like to see this number raised as well as some unique cost to her spells instead of mana. Energy isn't a bad option but really would love for her to have a unique one like Yasuo has Flow. Looking forward to the changes though :3 really hope her E gives some form of escape and CC

why the enemie team got alwas had a afk? (that chogat whit no item and that ahri afk).

JustBoneBrook

05-05-2014

Quote:
cmjh625:
I love her current ult.
Like Cloud Strife in FF7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32P4iqLPFTg

lol yah it look like it.
but i think it would better sute a new champ.
(i never saw a fencer do that think)
i really think the
Quote:
Guinsoo:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=938879&d=1396668009

would be nice

tigersmart0

05-05-2014

Hey so when is the rework gonna be done??

Styx Ventrue

05-05-2014

Quote:
JustBoneBrook:
why the enemie team got alwas had a afk? (that chogat whit no item and that ahri afk).

I laned against the Ahri and she raged hard cuz she couldnt do anything to me and I was constantly diving her. Cho started to troll when I got fed and raged.

Jahli Grene

05-13-2014

Sorry, late to the party... This may sound like a silly question, but I'm quite serious. Guinsoo, do you fence? I used to fence quite a bit, and I love it. Some of what has been said about how a duelist is envisioned doesn't feel quite right to me. Granted, she doesn't quite carry off the duelist now, either. If you haven't already, getting some fencing lessons for this project might give you some interesting insights.

All that said, my question is whether there's any way to get some of the mental part of fencing into her kit. In LoL, you watch your opponent's animations for a warning when abilities are coming. in fencing, you want to make your opponent think they know what you're up to, and then take advantage of them when they react to the wrong thing. Perhaps that would seem unfair, but that is one of the fun things about fencing.

Of course, it may well be that you're more interested in how people would envision fencing. And I'll admit that I'm only a casual fencer. But I would LOVE to play a character that actually felt "right".

Oh, and can you do something about the hair over her face? That's not something a duelist would stand for... Just saying.

Edit: Added question into message, as the title isn't always displayed.

Ardroit

05-20-2014

Does this mean Ohmwrecker could become a common item on Fiora? It powers up her parry and can also be used in sync with her ult for tons of damage at no cost

baronvonross

05-22-2014

Quote:
Jahli Grene:
Sorry, late to the party... This may sound like a silly question, but I'm quite serious. Guinsoo, do you fence? I used to fence quite a bit, and I love it. Some of what has been said about how a duelist is envisioned doesn't feel quite right to me. Granted, she doesn't quite carry off the duelist now, either. If you haven't already, getting some fencing lessons for this project might give you some interesting insights.

All that said, my question is whether there's any way to get some of the mental part of fencing into her kit. In LoL, you watch your opponent's animations for a warning when abilities are coming. in fencing, you want to make your opponent think they know what you're up to, and then take advantage of them when they react to the wrong thing. Perhaps that would seem unfair, but that is one of the fun things about fencing.

Of course, it may well be that you're more interested in how people would envision fencing. And I'll admit that I'm only a casual fencer. But I would LOVE to play a character that actually felt "right".

Oh, and can you do something about the hair over her face? That's not something a duelist would stand for... Just saying.

Edit: Added question into message, as the title isn't always displayed.
\

Fiora was the first thing I bought with RP, and I've been in love with her archetype since I started playing league.
That said, I'm absolutely giddy to hear about this rework. I can't believe I didn't hear about this two months ago actually.
I like the direction Guinsoo is going so far going off of the scant details we've gotten. I love the direction taken with Blade Waltz and Riposte/Parry and the whole kit in general so far ^^. I definitely can't wait for Fiora to be listed as having a higher skill cap, and I can't wait for some new skins

Also to the guy I'm quoting, I could totally go for a bun/ponytail on Fiora's classic art. ^^

LifeReaperZero

05-23-2014

Hi Guinsoo, hope you will see this and reply this....

As a Fiora player, I really liked her Ultimate, which looks like the Omnislash verson 6 in Final Fantasy. That's the reason I bought her.Does that means you keep her ultimate like that but you changed it from "Automatically" into "Manually"? This means a lot to me please give me good news thx vely mucho.

Also, after this remake, will Fiora lost her burst ability? Since her old Q and E can reset the autoattack, will she lost that as well?

Now Fiora can't fight anyone with Thornmill, not even the squishy adcs if she or he build thornmill. Will Fiora in the future can fight thornmill somehow?

And here is something interesting, from her skin art, I saw when she fight she always pull out her dagger. But in game she never uses it. Will Fiora get some kind of abilities or animation that will make her dagger involved in the fight? Also will she get a visual upgrade?

Please reply me thank you so much. Guinsoo you are the best

SpeedOfDarkness

06-20-2014

Quote:
Guinsoo:
Hi guys. I'd just like to weigh in on what some of the Fiora goals are. The main problems we see with Fiora's current kit are that thematically, she doesn't deliver on the fantasy of being a skilled duelist/fencer, and mechanically, her game presence / play pattern / role doesn't line up with being a skilled duelist/fencer.

As far as the duelist fantasy goes, at least when I think of Fiora, I expect her to be extremely mobile but not just going in, she needs to be good at dancing in, out of, around and about combat. She should be about finding weaknesses in the opponent's play and finding the proper occasion to go on the attack. She shouldn't be about running in and bursting enemies down, she should be dealing high, steady DPS over time that is relatively target agnostic.

Mechanically speaking, I'd expect a duelist type champion to be mechanically intense. I expect opportunities to use my abilities at optimal times to counter out the enemy's champion. I want to have a lot to keep track of, but with clear success cases when I do well.

At the end of the day, live Fiora is a ball of stats with some untargetability thrown in; she pushes her buttons pretty much as fast as she can without a second thought, and she's also extremely snowballey. In short, she's bland with no cool opportunities to exchange gameplay between her and her lane opponent.

Some of the current goals including switching Fiora from an assassin to a melee DPS, and moving her lane from top to mid/jungle, and adding tons of 'outplay' functionality on her kit, as well as more mobility especially in terms of being able to disengage and re-engage at optimal times.

I can't share too much of exactly what the plans are for her kit, as I'm sure it's going to change tons during development, but I'll leave this here to hopefully stir up some excitement for our favorite rapier wielder. Also bear in mind this is an early, experimental Blade Waltz, and could certainly change drastically between now and remake launch time.

I also understand it's hard to understand exactly what this sample Blade Waltz does, given the lack of context on her basic spells... but rest assured, there are significant tweaks (or more) to all 4 of the other abilities, so hopefully your imaginations run wild

So like
I had some ideas
and you're working on Fiora
so like
yeah

I put a ? next to stuff I'm iffy about
The letters separate the different ideas I have, so one or the other.

Passive - Thrust
When Fiora uses an ability, her next autoattack becomes a Thrust, dealing more damage and life tapping her opponent. Cooldown is X. Can stack up to Y times.

Q - Lunge
Fiora lunges to a target location, hitting and the first enemy she comes into contact with. If she hits an enemy, she can use the ability again [at no mana cost(?)]. Cannot cross over walls.

W - Riposte
Fiora flourishes her blade, parrying the first autoattack(s) and deflecting it back in a line [towards the cursor(?)] if she is facing them(skillshot). If she successfully parries, she can use the ability again [at no mana cost(?)].

E - Burst of Speed
Fiora's next autoattack gains increased attack speed, while her autoattacks and abilities increase her movement speed [toward enemy champions(?)] by x, stacking up to y times(?)]and remaining active for (2?) seconds. Cooldown : 4 seconds(?)[short CD].

R - Blade Waltz

Are you ready for this Guinsoo
because
it's about
to get
real
in here

When near an enemy champion, Fiora appears at a target location within a circular radius around her, slashing an enemy if they are close to her[while also being briefly untargettable/invulnerable(?)] and causing the radius to become stationary. Once initiated, the radius lasts X seconds and Fiora can reappear up to 5 more times within the radius if there is an enemy champion in it. Fiora can end the ult early by clicking outside the radius.

DONION RINGS
DONION RINGS
DONION RINGS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pqvplMbwvyc#t=47

you know you like that ult
don't lie
because
you can
outplay her
because she's targetable
and you can like
walk out of the radius