Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xohs

04-04-2014

Lord Guinsoo, it's a pleasure to have you back at the forums.

Calderweiss

04-04-2014

<3 Guinsoo, he's a pretty cool guy

Calderweiss

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mechy View Post
So why aren't they reworking Soraka?
I think they are, actually

Holynova

04-04-2014

what the hell have you done to my beautiful blade waltz , ult needs a change of name that is not a blade waltz at all.

Hellioning

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Hi guys. I'd just like to weigh in on what some of the Fiora goals are. The main problems we see with Fiora's current kit are that thematically, she doesn't deliver on the fantasy of being a skilled duelist/fencer, and mechanically, her game presence / play pattern / role doesn't line up with being a skilled duelist/fencer.

As far as the duelist fantasy goes, at least when I think of Fiora, I expect her to be extremely mobile but not just going in, she needs to be good at dancing in, out of, around and about combat. She should be about finding weaknesses in the opponent's play and finding the proper occasion to go on the attack. She shouldn't be about running in and bursting enemies down, she should be poking them down over time.

Mechanically speaking, I'd expect a duelist type champion to be mechanically intense. I expect opportunities to use my abilities at optimal times to counter out the enemy's champion. I want to have a lot to keep track of, but with clear success cases when I do well.

At the end of the day, live Fiora is a ball of stats with some untargetability thrown in; she pushes her buttons pretty much as fast as she can without a second thought, and she's also extremely snowballey. In short, she's bland with no cool opportunities to exchange gameplay between her and her lane opponent.

Some of the current goals including switching Fiora from an assassin to a melee DPS, and moving her lane from top to mid/jungle, and adding tons of 'outplay' functionality on her kit, as well as more mobility especially in terms of being able to disengage and re-engage at optimal times.

I can't share too much of exactly what the plans are for her kit, as I'm sure it's going to change tons during development, but I'll leave this here to hopefully stir up some excitement for our favorite rapier wielder. Also bear in mind this is an early, experimental Blade Waltz, and could certainly change drastically between now and remake launch time.

I also understand it's hard to understand exactly what this sample Blade Waltz does, given the lack of context on her basic spells... but hopefully your imaginations run wild
I like ideas that you have stated and I like what I think that current W is (you stand in place, if you get hit by a champion's basic attack or ability and they're in range you can dash to them), but the 'here's some free stats and also you're resourceless now' part of the ultimate is worrying me. You aren't CertainlyT, Guinsoo, please don't make me hate you.

A Sproutling

04-04-2014

Quote:
Hi guys. I'd just like to weigh in on what some of the Fiora goals are. The main problems we see with Fiora's current kit are that thematically, she doesn't deliver on the fantasy of being a skilled duelist/fencer, and mechanically, her game presence / play pattern / role doesn't line up with being a skilled duelist/fencer.

As far as the duelist fantasy goes, at least when I think of Fiora, I expect her to be extremely mobile but not just going in, she needs to be good at dancing in, out of, around and about combat. She should be about finding weaknesses in the opponent's play and finding the proper occasion to go on the attack. She shouldn't be about running in and bursting enemies down, she should be poking them down over time.

Mechanically speaking, I'd expect a duelist type champion to be mechanically intense. I expect opportunities to use my abilities at optimal times to counter out the enemy's champion. I want to have a lot to keep track of, but with clear success cases when I do well.

At the end of the day, live Fiora is a ball of stats with some untargetability thrown in; she pushes her buttons pretty much as fast as she can without a second thought, and she's also extremely snowballey. In short, she's bland with no cool opportunities to exchange gameplay between her and her lane opponent.

Some of the current goals including switching Fiora from an assassin to a melee DPS, and moving her lane from top to mid/jungle, and adding tons of 'outplay' functionality on her kit, as well as more mobility especially in terms of being able to disengage and re-engage at optimal times.

I can't share too much of exactly what the plans are for her kit, as I'm sure it's going to change tons during development, but I'll leave this here to hopefully stir up some excitement for our favorite rapier wielder. Also bear in mind this is an early, experimental Blade Waltz, and could certainly change drastically between now and remake launch time.

I also understand it's hard to understand exactly what this sample Blade Waltz does, given the lack of context on her basic spells... but hopefully your imaginations run wild
So basically her ult will be URF mode?

9Tails of Legend

04-04-2014

Quote:

As someone who considers himself a Fiora main... I love everything that attached image hints at.

Please just hurry, I want the new Fiora that matches my Fencing Fantasy NOW!!

LesLlamas

04-04-2014

I'm a little tentative based on that picture, but it looks very similar to something I suggested a few months ago as a change for her Q!

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3948701

^If you don't want to read, I think he's splitting her Q into a decision tree: You can lunge in, then decide to activate thrust for extra damage/a bleed/something similar, or you can jump right back out and gain bonus defensive stats for trying to bait spells out of your enemy.

Tisio

04-04-2014

inb4 rework handed over to scruffy

Purodyuusaa

04-04-2014

Praise based Guinsoo \[+]/