Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

04-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralift View Post
Guinsoo, could I make a humble suggestion? Could you make it so she ACTUALLY USES the parrying dagger on her back? It just seems a little silly to me that a fencer/duelist with a parrying dagger doesn't even use it.
They should really look into doing more of this-- animating auxiliary items on the champion.

Some champions like Yi, it seems more plausible that the swordboots are there as a backup weapon, not usually used.

Others could perhaps use some more elite tool-use maneuvers.

BlackAndSilver

04-06-2014

If you so much as even THINK about touching her voice I'll ****ing murder you

No, seriously though I'm grasping for straws here. You already want to take my favorite champ and gut her completely to a different champ entirely. You want to remove her ult which is her only identity. The least you can do is NOT change her current voice. Ever. That french lady accent is hawt

AntiSkillshot

04-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Auditor View Post
Please don't change her voiceover. If anything give us a more intuitive option for changing languages so I can listen to Fiora in her native tongue?
For all we know, she is speaking in her native tongue. It might just be translated so we can understand.

Like, seriously. How do even know people on Runeterra speak any language that's currently on Earth?

Varidan

04-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
This is definitely the case. I've always thought fencing was about maintaining a maximum defense (so you don't die) while looking for the opening to kill the opponent, so that by fighting in this manner if you don't make any mistakes you would never die and would beat any opponent who made a mistake. But it becomes slightly different in the world of League of Legends where a single sword wound will never kill an opponent. I'd imagine that in that world, fencing would be about being able to inflict maximum damage output while minimizing 'great risk' (since both parties can afford to take a couple hits, I suspect you would no longer opt for a 100% defense strategy).
With that point of view on fencing, heres a thought. What if W stayed the same, but also marked an opponent to "find an opening" a la Quinn (one of my fav champs btw), and after 2 secs or so, the mark resolves into a debuff that makes them take extra damage from one of her moves, or makes them bleed after she attacks next, or maybe even slow/stun them. The counterplay is to move away, she has to stick to her opponent to pull it off, rather than HOPE they hit her and make her parry do something. This can also create complex plays with sheen/gauntlet/triforce that when timed correctly, reward the player with a chunk of damage, if you go with the extra damage route.

Just another thought to her already interesting looking new kit.

Brorelia

04-06-2014

So wait

The stories of Guinsoo dying or getting fired were not true?

THiS iS THE BESt DAY EvER!!!!

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2014

another food for thought.

the ult you posted allows her burn stacks to use her abilities with virtually no cooldown.

what if activating r a second and third time etc. would also allow her to burn stacks for auto attack resets?

if you weave them in between regular attacks, this would kindof cause the flurry of blades feel, that her current ult was supposed to give.

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2014

Quote:
Guinsoo
i held a 80%+ win rate for most of last year and start of this for ranked with fiora top lane mid and jungle, i have close to 1k games with just her in ranked with that in mind i'm well versed in what she can and cannot accomplish as a champion {yes i know im not high ranked but # of games counts for something}

i am not opposed to fiora changes that directly relate to what she brings as a champion but am hesitant to drastic changes mostly because of the widespread belief is she is weak and nonviable in competitive situations out side of counter picking.

most of these ideas i feel are felt as people are not playing her defensive counter-reactive with specs to play her as a short skirmisher with high sustain. {which can be a pain/ impracticable with bad ping}

that being said: imop

the biggest weakness to fiora
lack of a true disengage,
underwhelming passive post lane phase: numbers are rather weak but workable early-mid game: hard to maintain max stack count considering long cd's for lunge and mana cost, and riposte will not trigger it either
riposte not stopping on-hit effects.

riposte was near impracticable in team fights {out side reflex oh-hit stopping dangerous spells}

on-top of this there was relatively zero counter play to a well placed fiora ult {which is great}

she snow balls relatively easily with two items {hydra and last whisper}, and she fails just as easily when shut down luckily only two items are required to recover.

builds where are pigoned holed

maximize her damage via ult on-hit style : building defensive via masteriers and runes to maximize sustain and follow up for kills based on mistakes {more true to a fencer}

maintain a typical adc's style build path focusing on auto attacking and sticking to target with quick burst.

now: {since i cannot speculate on what exactly is planned for her tool kit, i will not speculate but post a comment on what is already semi published}

since you are re building fiora from the ground up i ponder a serious question that makes fiora very unique she is one of the few champs that can maximize an on-hit build.

a typical on hit build for fiora:
Hydra,Bork,last whisper,black cleaver, boots of choice,frozen mallet/trinty-force/guardian angle

a lot of fiora's existing power and game play derives from on-hit builds and counter reactive play during laning maximizing sustain from her passive and reposte exchanges to out-sustain opponents and on-hit lifesteal coupled with short exchanges {nickle dimming the opponents health down} then finishing them off while maintaining defensive counter reactive positioning.

mid-late game transitions into positional placements of ult's that maximize damage from on-hit damage with using speed burst and Q to either engage or chase to secure finishes. { or disengage with Q and walk speed stacks}

how would the new redesigned aspects play into this build role for her ie would her new lunge etc apply on hit effects to maintain the power of her existing ult?

if they don't i believe your have severally weaken the champion and removed the part of her ultimate that makes her currently effective, and at the same time diminished her recover/sustain in team fights and laning phase.

Thegreatxiu

04-06-2014

So I would love to hear some other people's thoughts, hopefully even Guinsoo himself, but what if they moved some of her steroid into her Q and have it be in between her spell casts that they gets her steroid? It would be cool to have her able to get a burst of power then it gives you the conflict with the thought do you recast it to get out the damage or do you hold the second cast to make use of some extra power?

tallgiraffe29

04-07-2014

So Guinsoo, just to clarify my mind, her new Blade Waltz is a steroid for her other spells, some kind of URF mode on, which is supposed to buff all her abilities as it says in the description. If you want her to be some kind of melee ADC won't this new Blade Waltz make her more like an assasssin, since you turn it on and supposing as you said, her new Lunge is some kind of old Blade Waltz, now put a 0.75 CD on it.. All i can see is a super reset alpha strike, I mean.. something like the old AP Yi. If you spam spells, you won't AA and vice-versa. Clarify me..

Kratorex

04-07-2014

My idea for Fiora's rework

Q: Lunge- Fiora dashes targeted enemy or she can target somewhere on the ground and dash there.Can use a second dash after first one with no cost.

W: Riposte- First activation: Fiora parries everything for a second(if this is too long can be 0,75 seconds or a more balanced number.I don't know) with her parry knife(the small one in her splash art).she can move or auto-attack in this duration(Because its just a second she can't use this for parry everything only for important things.I don't like abilities that interrupts champion's auto-attacks if it is an auto-attack champion.)

Second activation: İf we activate W again while she is in parry mode she will knocks back enemies around her with her parry knife(like a mini Xin Zhao ult.Xİn uses a giant spear, Fiora uses a knife). İf she is in a bad situation she can use this for repositioning.Scales with AD.

E: Burst of speed- İncreases attack speed and movement speed instantly(not after attacking someone.).And she is immune to attack speed slows while this is active.It's like remise in fencing i think, remise means short series of attacks and she increases her attack speed for a short time.I don't know much abount fencing maybe i'm wrong. And if there is need to be a flip back in her kit This abilitys second activation flips her back but i dont know she can trade in with Lunge and back out with Lunge again.

R: Blade Waltz - Fiora flunges targeted enemy champion.(Flunge is a flying lunge i think.İt's a fencing move.)Same blade waltz effect she strikes from air.After first strike she can use other 4 strikes in 12 seconds and gains %30 armor penetration during this 12 second.She won't randomly dash we will control Blade Waltz now .this makes fiora extremely mobile in teamfights and Zhonya's or other things won't be able to counter Blade Waltz's full damage.And she becomes immediately untargetable every strike so she has outplay potential .After a strike she will be somewhere behind the target depends on where she striked from(Like fizz q).Lİke the old ult, every strike procs lifesteal and ravenous hydra.Hydra is a core item on fiora but Guinsoo's sample ult does'nt do anything with hydra so i wanted to make her ult like this.And this has more range than old one it is a gap closer too a little bit more range from her Lunge.

This is just an idea feel free to downvote or upvote.But i hope Guinsoo see this and maybe he uses some of these ideas.

And i have a passive idea but i don't know it suits her kit.

Passive : Duelist - Fiora's auto attacks lunge or every strike of Blade Waltz regenerates %1 (or %0,5) of her maximum health.