Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rivini

04-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel L Jaxx View Post
Fed Xin is an assassin.

Fed Xin will carry a game and assassinate all your team.

HA HEH TA WHA HO AH WEH WHA HA TA HO HA WHA HEH!
Th-that quote...

Wicked Lulu

04-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivini View Post
Th-that quote...

lol

Samuel L Jaxx

04-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeynid View Post
Hey guess what?
Fed Darius is a tank.
Fed Darius will carry your team.

Tanks are Carries now?
Because Ult.

Samuel L Jaxx

04-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivini View Post
Th-that quote...
;D

SeraphisBey

04-06-2014

Mr. Guinsoo.

After a good night rest, I´ve calmed down and decided no to press on "plz don´t change Fiora".

Instead I would like to remind you one thing than you may be overlooking:

Over 90% of the champions have CC in their kits. In teamfights with current Fiora´s kit we try to quickly Q or double Q and activate our ultimate in order to avoid our opponents CC, becuase if they land it, we do nothing for our team and die. Even soft cc is deadly to Fiora.

Now, since your current plan on Blade Waltz is to remove the untargetable part of it (which is our dearly anti cc), how are we suppose to "dance" between enemies? The only way to do that is if reposite can block spells (thing that you already hinted it will do) however it sounds like it´s going to work only on single target skillshots and not with point and click spells (like Ryze´s W).

So if we press R and try to begin to Q around but Annie or Taric point & click us there is absolutely nothing we can do and our ultimate wil be wasted.

Then again, correct me if I´m wrong here. Perhaps you can elaborate on how Fiora´s W is going to work.

Also, plz, change Fiora´s passive to any other thing beside Health regeneration. 1 Health pot restores 150 hp, Fiora´s current passive at LEVEL 18 heals 100 hp and even to do that you have to go onto danger zone and land four attacks. If pots are considered useless during mid and late game,imagine how we currently feel with this passive.

Holynova

04-06-2014

Guinsoo What are the plans for Fioras passive ? Will it stay as it is and get buffs so it makes a difference late game or will it be same boring ole passive ?

Any chance Fiora will keep her current blade waltz , when she first came out her ult was suppose to be her being able to dance around the battlefield without being stopped doing it elegantly and swiftly the new ult doesn't seem it can fulfill this to me.

Astralift

04-06-2014

Guinsoo, could I make a humble suggestion? Could you make it so she ACTUALLY USES the parrying dagger on her back? It just seems a little silly to me that a fencer/duelist with a parrying dagger doesn't even use it. It kind of takes away some degree of depth from the fantasy she's supposed to fulfill.

Her running animation is a little weird as well because it doesn't feel normal. I think incorporating the dagger into her animations and polishing her old ones would really bring the character up to par with her fantasy/thematic role and with recent Riot standards. What better time than during a rework, right? My two cents.

llyana18

04-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holynova View Post
Guinsoo What are the plans for Fioras passive ? Will it stay as it is and get buffs so it makes a difference late game or will it be same boring ole passive ?

Any chance Fiora will keep her current blade waltz , when she first came out her ult was suppose to be her being able to dance around the battlefield without being stopped doing it elegantly and swiftly the new ult doesn't seem it can fulfill this to me.

I agree!!! Im so worry about this changes for fiora, She has been my main champ since she came out, please please please the blade waltz cant just die like that I think you seriously, should think about these rework, fiora isnt a famous favorite top tho, either in ranked games, because a tanky top or lot of cc will easily down her, but she is extremely nice to me even with all that, I agree she needs some changes for example ...once she joins a battle there's no a real way to scape ...like yasou or yi would, I agree with the mobility changes and make her fight more like a duelist, kill her ult = kill fiora style you can always improve and make changes just have to find a new way w.o kill her ..style

MrHaveANiceDay

04-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post

That's definitely a possibility I'm open to. Maybe a Coup de Grace to end the ultimate. Sounds kinda neat. Filed away.
I second this idea of the R having a second cast. Frankly, I like the idea of reinforcing an honorable one-on-one duel in Fiora's kit.

Have you considered a stacking mechanic/debuff for focusing a single target? Such as;

-Ultimate activates
-Abilities against an opponent add a debuff called 'Honorable Duel,' which stacks up to X times. Only one enemy can have Honorable Duel; using an offensive ability on a new target will grant them stacks and remove stacks from the previous target.
-At any time, Fiora can use the second cast of her Ultimate, Coup De Grace, which deals X damage (+scaling), plus Y damage times the number of stacks of Honorable Duel on the target.

I don't want to make it seem too Darius ult-y (add stacks for LE BIG DAMAGE), but you can see what the point I'm trying to drive home (fencing pun intended).

This would push her in the direction of being a single-target burst fighter attempting to focus--or 'duel' a specific opponent, while using W to keep enemies from 'interrupting' the duel.

EDIT: This was just a vague suggestion. In general, I really like this idea of incorporating Fiora's ultimate into a more flexible version with a higher skillcap, but at the same time don't want her character identity to get lost in the slop of 'mobile, sticky fighter.'

Jax fits this description and I don't particularly like Jax's identity, because I think it's stuffed full of catch-all power and very little that makes him feel truly unique. So, I like Fiora popping her ult and becoming a super mobile, sticky attacker, but I would honestly prefer it to be gated to a more single-target-focused version and strengthen her character identity.

PianoConspiracy

04-06-2014

I've been following this thread for a bit and I just want to make sure I understand this fully before I make a contribution.

Currently the rework is:

Quote:
Q: Relatively Unchanged

W: Become immobile and block auto attacks/spells for a duration, and when countered, enables a second counter attack ability.

E: Darts backwards (tumble away) and passively provides an attack speed steroid and/or defensive steroid (Possibly ms steroid?) on attack.

R: Enhances range on Q, Allows movement during W, Increases range on E/increases amount passive can stack, and removes cooldowns, with a.75 global cd between spells.
All of the listed basic spells are movement based, not unlike Riven (Q = forwards movement, W = Stop Movement, E = Escape/Back movement). I assume the harass combo would be similar (Q Auto Q Auto -> E) as would the all in combo (Q Auto -> E [to gain the steroid] -> Q Auto ). The issue is, with Riven's kit, the W slides in smoothly right after or immediately before her Q3. But with this Kit, the W is a hindrance. It can only be used when you are sure they will attack, or it breaks up your combo entirely. The Ult resolves this, allowing you to continue your chained attacks without guessing when to insert your W.

The W instead suits a more drawn out fight, the sort of fight you'd get versus a Tryndamere, or an Evelynn, where the two of you are locked in a battle of mutually assured chunking. This goes against the combat philosophy of Fiora, where you are either going to destroy them with your superior damage, or dart in and then back out. I'm not quite sure how I would fix this, but I feel like its a bit clunky, and simply there because the original design had Riposte.

Regarding the concerns about Ping and spamming during the ult, why not alter it so that her basic attacks are replaced with her Q, the number of times you can cast scaling with attack speed. This way, players are rewarded for building more than just damage as many current Fiora players are. In addition, to gain the sense of a "blade waltz," have her move past or through her target on each attack, similar to the way her current ult animation works. In practice, this would make you incredibly sticky, but also very slippery, so her ult is not just a damage method of increasing DPS. It could be used to make quick escapes, dodging enemies through brush and darting around team fights.

That's just my two cents. Welcome back Guinsoo!