Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The1Banana

04-05-2014

Words cannot describe the extent to which I am appreciative of the project that will bring idyllic alterations to Fiora's playstyle.

Judging by Blade Waltz's modifiers, Burst of Speed's replacement "Disengage" as well as the nature of the Blade Waltz active lend itself to a much more "fencer-like" style of gameplay. It's intelligent, fast-paced, reactionary and tactical and by no means is it a "run-up-to-them-and-slap-them-repeatedly" like the old kit was. This greatly increases the skillcap by granting her increased utility. Fencers, after all, should thrive on finding split-second tiny openings and abusing them for the victory.

Truly, a happy day.

HoweYouDrewin

04-05-2014

I really hate how everyone compares champion's abilities to other champion abilities. Just because something knocks something up doesn't make it Cho'gath's rupture. Just because Alpha Strike makes you untargetable doesn't make Blade Waltz do the same thing. If all abilities were the same, then champion would all be the same, with different combinations of those abilities. If im not mistaken, that's not the case.

The1Banana

04-05-2014

One question though: Why Riposte -> Thrust (based off of what I saw in the screencap)? Riposte's definition refers to the counter attack, not the block itself. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the ability be Parry -> Riposte?

Gixia

04-05-2014

Oh, oh, ooh ooh ooh ooh! Guinsoo! Can I make a request?

Super excited that you're looking into Fiora, she's one of the very very very few champs that I bought day 1 of their launch, and really eager to see what you do with her, buuuuut... Judging from that new Blade Waltz tooltip, her new E is gonna have her flip back away from enemies or something similar, yes? And since that's not something Fiora currently does, this means you'll need to go to the art team and have them make some new animations for her, yes? So while they're working on her, could you get them to give her the teeniest, tiniest little bit of a visual update? Just one little thing that's always bugged me from the moment she came out...

Fix her hair! D: From the moment I saw it, I absolutely LOVED Fiora's hair in her splash art, that windswept look, how it appears to flow with her movements. But her actual in-game hair is so stiff and flat. Any chance the art team could look at adding some motion to it while they're giving her new animations anyways?

Numot

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixia View Post
That's a pretty bold statement considering you have no idea what any of Fiora's reworked abilities will actually do save for conjecture.

Judging from both the direction Guinsoo's says he wants to take Fiora in, plus what that new ult tooltip says about the rest of the kit, I'd say it seems much more likely that an unskilled old Fiora facerolling the keyboard will beat an unskilled new Fiora who no longer has that option, while a skilled new Fiora would likely demolish a skilled old Fiora with her new kit that gives her plenty more room to outplay an opponent. But then, hey, this is all just wild mass guessing because we don't even know how the rest of her skills work yet.

First, I know my Fiora, and if someone is just dashing in and trying to kill in one go they are doing it wrong. Lets use Fiora vs Jax for this example. A bad Fiora(the type Guinsoo seems to think every Fiora is) will do as Guinsoo thinks, lunge in, try to kill in one go without thinking, get stunned and killed by Jax. A smart Fiora already dances in and out, WITH THE CURRENT KIT. A smart Fiora hold back, wait for a opening, like say you make Jax think your going in so he wastes his stun. Now Fiora lunges in, parries, and uses the move spd from her E to safely disengage. Repeat this action until Jax is low enough to kill using the Ult as a finisher instead or the E to disengage. Seems to me if you play her right she does exactly what Guinsoo wants her to do already, and for those of us the play her feels great while doing it. As for why I used Jax, Jax has a ton of counter play for Fiora, he can outright dodge her ult and stun her if Fiora times it wrong. Makes me question if Guinsoo has played a lot of Fiora.

Second, this isn't a rework, this is making new champ and putting an old skin on it. Reading the tooltip sounds like she keeps her lunge and loses everything else. More proof to this not being a rework, every other one has had a thread where people could just say what the current champ does well, what it could use, what you love and hate about the champ, no such thread. I know Guinsoo has been gone for awhile, but you don't start changing everything about a champ without researching through the community first, all the recent past reworks have had that.

Really if Guinsoo wants a champ like that he should make a new one, from what he showed us this is a mutated abomination.

FourteenFCali

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

L
E
A
V
E

F
I
O
R
A

A
L
O
N
E

Fiora players play her because of her sweet ult, nothing in the game is like it. Revamping her to be U.R.F. Fiora ruins the entire champion. Whats worse is that her win rate is FINE. Make a new hero and give them that ult.

Nick Crusaire

04-05-2014

" While I mostly agree with you that fencing is all about scoring OHKOs, well obviously that type of gameplay isn't great for any type of PvP game. "

meanwhile, nidalee.....

Azerain

04-05-2014

She'll be fun as **** for a little while till they nerf her to death.

Gixia

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numot View Post
First, I know my Fiora, and if someone is just dashing in and trying to kill in one go they are doing it wrong. Lets use Fiora vs Jax for this example. A bad Fiora(the type Guinsoo seems to think every Fiora is) will do as Guinsoo thinks, lunge in, try to kill in one go without thinking, get stunned and killed by Jax. A smart Fiora already dances in and out, WITH THE CURRENT KIT. A smart Fiora hold back, wait for a opening, like say you make Jax think your going in so he wastes his stun. Now Fiora lunges in, parries, and uses the move spd from her E to safely disengage. Repeat this action until Jax is low enough to kill using the Ult as a finisher instead or the E to disengage. Seems to me if you play her right she does exactly what Guinsoo wants her to do already, and for those of us the play her feels great while doing it. As for why I used Jax, Jax has a ton of counter play for Fiora, he can outright dodge her ult and stun her if Fiora times it wrong. Makes me question if Guinsoo has played a lot of Fiora.
So what you're saying is that a good Fiora can beat a bad Jax? Yes, but you don't seem to be taking into account what happens if Jax is ALSO skilled. Because even a decent Jax would have absolutely no reason to pop his counter strike until he sees Fiora E first, because without E Fiora can't outduel him. Once you E, so does he. Your ability to disengage has just been crippled because you can't hit him to stack MS, and so has your damage.

Quote:
Second, this isn't a rework, this is making new champ and putting an old skin on it.
Karma says hi. So does Xerath. And Yi. Heimerdinger. Garen. Katarina. Kayle. Olaf. etc. That's pretty much what a rework is. Some moreso than others.

Quote:
Reading the tooltip sounds like she keeps her lunge and loses everything else. More proof to this not being a rework, every other one has had a thread where people could just say what the current champ does well, what it could use, what you love and hate about the champ, no such thread.
That's not true at all. Many champions received no such thread. Hell, just look at the recent Kassadin and Gragas changes as an example. From the sounds of things, Fiora keeps her lunge, gets the Riposte people always wanted, gets an E that does exactly what you claim to use E for but more effectively, and has an ult that doesn't work the exact same, but conceptually is still similar. The only thing that sounds like it's being completely ripped out with no trace of the old is her passive, which was the lamest, most boring part of her kit to begin with.

Splitshift

04-05-2014

I know there are very few summoners like me out there that main Fiora. Some people really enjoy playing a champion, not because it's broken or overpowered, but simply because they play style fits them. For example Azingy playing Karthus or Nikkone playing Fiddle. How would you feel if Riot decided to change the one champion that you enjoyed playing? I'm guessing a lot of you would feel like all the time invested into that champion, learning every quirk, attack animation/timings, cooldowns you don't even have to look at because they are second nature to you, is now wasted because they are completely changing everything about it. Only Rengar quit playing after the Rengar changes, and who knows who else has left this game from these champion reworks like Skarner, Gragas, and Xerath.

A lot of you may not care because you don't play Fiora that much and think it would be cool to see her changed. You may not even have a champion that you play in 90% of your games. But those of you that DO have that one champion that you love. Ask yourself how you would feel if everything about it was suddenly changed. Would you even want to continue playing league?

I for one really hope that you do not go through with these changes Guinsoo. I know there are some Fiora mains out there that feel the same.