Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

B3ER

04-05-2014

Guinsoo! I have only one thing to say to you!

Welcome back, you beautiful man. Welcome back.

SecretLore

04-05-2014

I'll be a little bit sad about her ult being gone(at least from the current stand),not sure if the new mechanics will really have the same omnislash feeling as her current ult.
However Guinsoos vision of Fiora sounds indeed quite awesome,maybe it will really feel like the old ult but with more options,but even if it doesn't I think the gains from this rework will outweigh the loss anyway and the concept of her new ult seems intersting on its own too.

Alternatively there is also the possibility to give her current ult to a new champ where it fits more into the character concept.

Stone Ocean

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiora All Night View Post
is there any plan to make sure Thornmail doesn't become "buy this to be immune to Fiora"?
She's getting bonus penetration on her ult

KilljoyX

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Ocean View Post
She's getting bonus penetration on her ult
Her new kit looks like yasuo light to me.
Q becomes Yasuo E. (But better)
W becomes yasuo passive (only worse)
E Becomes bad yasuo E.
R is a steroid making her more like yasuo.

LiveYiOrDieHard

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilljoyX View Post
Her new kit looks like yasuo light to me.
Q becomes Yasuo E. (But better)
W becomes yasuo passive (only worse)
E Becomes bad yasuo E.
R is a steroid making her more like yasuo.
If I wanted to play Yasuo I would damn well buy Yasuo. I'm so pissed at this rework.

Ark Angel HFB

04-05-2014

Just going to leave this hear...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cuihrjLNAo

Ark Angel HFB

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretLore View Post
Alternatively there is also the possibility to give her current ult to a new champ where it fits more into the character concept.
Why do I suddenly feel that Yi's Q could become her ult if used while he was ulting... but at the cost of ending his ult... >_> just saying... **** would be crazy...

KilljoyX

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveYiOrDieHard View Post
If I wanted to play Yasuo I would damn well buy Yasuo. I'm so pissed at this rework.
Let me make two things clear.

1) I am confident fiora will remain viable or become viable at a competitive level after his rework.
2) I will not enjoy it as much as I enjoy live fiora.

I enjoy blade waltz. If she cant keep it I honestly see no reason to play her. Blade waltz is my favorite MoBA ability of all time. If she loses it even if she gained manaless riftwalks I wouldn't enjoy her as much as I do now.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Here are 3 reasons off the top of my head to pick her over Yasuo. Please note I'm talking about her new kit with new abilities, not her old kit with a new ultimate. I just spoiled the ultimate for funsies
1) Kayle ult with a few catches on a normal slot
2) Weaker engage, but much stickier than Yasuo
3) Built in disengage

I doubt it. I'm not a great fan of tower diving. I think her kit still leaves her much better positioned to tower dive than the average champion even without being untargetable/immune to turrets. I'm not completely opposed to her having some turret mitigation capabilities. But I'd rather avoid it, and so far my instinct tells me she'll do okay with out it just due to the sheer mobility on the kit.

That's kind of what I'm driving at - the passive feels lame, it's especially lame in tense moments like battles with other champions, and its only real use is allowing her access to a lane that I don't really feel she belongs in in the first place. It's power without gameplay, and plus it feels useless too. It's effective, but totally lameballs. That's pretty much the opposite of where I'd like her passive design space to lie.

Touche. That sort of sums up my design, kinda feast or famine. At the same time, it's remarkable how often really fun and interesting champions skirt that fine line...
What are your thoughts on certainlyt's champs? I think he's taken the mantle of creates the most fun but insanely OP champs.

Skaarrjj

04-05-2014

Final Fantasy is not something you should be trying to translate to league. Just play Final Fantasy if you want to Omnislash.