Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NobSaiboot

04-04-2014

...Where the hell has that rascal been?

I am delighted.

Ser Safir

04-04-2014

People crying she's op despite:

Worst gap-closer in game, 1 of the 8 champions without any cc, no durability, a passive that nasus laughs at behind her back, horrible cooldowns, no poke, no escape, and mediocre auto-attack reliant burst/sustained damage.

Penguin Eclipse

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numot View Post
Hell no

I bought Fiora release day, I have played her a lot ever since. I love her, she is my favorite champ. You can't change her kit without ruining what people like me, the real Fiora players, love about her. I love lunging into the enemy, parrying their attack, dashing onto them again when they try to run, and of course getting triple kills under the enemy tower when they thought they were safe. She is perfect, she is an all in, win or lose, no back down type of champ. The only thing that could and probably should be changed about her is her parrying should reflect on hits. We have been saying it should since her release day. Take no dmg but the stun still hits? No that stun should get a big return to sender stamped on it too. And lets face it would just be fun to throw someones own cc back at them.
I don't want her changed either. But I think if anyone can keep her identity, it is Guinsoo.

john

04-04-2014

wow i thought they got rid of him due to his depression or something.

good **** riot, wb guinbro

chumbler

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Me Talon View Post
Its Guinsoo that is in charge of the rework it seems.

He's ****ing brilliant.
He's really not. Guinsoo is incredibly hit or miss and has a tendency to not address core problems with champion kits and a tendency to release things massively overtuned. Look back at what he did with Gangplank. Can you honestly say that was a good rework?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Eclipse View Post
I don't want her changed either. But I think if anyone can keep her identity, it is Guinsoo.
Fiora doesn't have an identity to preserve, unless you count "Brain dead, point and click burst that can't miss, with zero depth" as an identity. That's the problem. Regardless of whether she's bad or good, Fiora's kit has enormous problems and really shouldn't exist in the game.

Penguin Eclipse

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
He's really not. Guinsoo is incredibly hit or miss and has a tendency to not address core problems with champion kits and a tendency to release things massively overtuned. Look back at what he did with Gangplank. Can you honestly say that was a good rework?
That was a long time ago though. Riot handled reworks much differently back then than they do now.

LiveYiOrDieHard

04-04-2014

Man **** this people ***** constantly about Fiora when they don't even ****ing play her there's 115 other ****ing champions they can go play, and now they're going to rework her? ****ing bull****.

DrOinkleBerry

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mechy View Post
So why aren't they reworking Soraka?
Because there's nothing to rework about Soraka?

She's a dedicated healer. It doesn't get much simpler then that in terms of champion function. A rework wouldn't really do almost anything to her, since if she had MORE heals then she does, she'd be overbearing and even more situationally powerful, and if she had less heals then she does, she wouldn't be a dedicated healer anymore.

Penguin Eclipse

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOinkleBerry View Post
Because there's nothing to rework about Soraka?

She's a dedicated healer. It doesn't get much simpler then that in terms of champion function. A rework wouldn't really do almost anything to her, since if she had MORE heals then she does, she'd be overbearing and even more situationally powerful, and if she had less heals then she does, she wouldn't be a dedicated healer anymore.
They have confirmed that a rework for Soraka is in the works. It has a long ways to go though.

Morello's hints lead to the idea of her no longer being a dedicated healer.

T1gerBl00d27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveYiOrDieHard View Post
Man **** this people ***** constantly about Fiora when they don't even ****ing play her there's 115 other ****ing champions they can go play, and now they're going to rework her? ****ing bull****.
Probably because Fiora has no identity, as her "perceived duelist identity" is a lie.