Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KilljoyX

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Here are 3 reasons off the top of my head to pick her over Yasuo.
1) Kayle ult with a few catches on a normal slot
2) Weaker engage, but much stickier than Yasuo
3) Built in disengage
1) I'm sorry did you just say something that can't block Jax W/R, Ruthless predator, or any damage of any kind outside of a single ~100 damage auto to one of the most powerful ultimates in the game? Kayle ult this is not. It has nearly no mitigation potential and can't block a single ability which means AD casters/Tanks it does nothing. Vs mundo? You have no W. Vs Shyv? You have no W. Vs renekton? I guess theoretically you have it but he just EWQE's you.

2) I... You have infinite dashes vs not infinite dashes...

3) Not better than untargability. Period.
Quote:
I doubt it. I'm not a great fan of tower diving. I think her kit still leaves her much better positioned to tower dive than the average champion even without being untargetable/immune to turrets.
Yeah I'll just stop playing fiora now. You've already convinced me.

gsai

04-04-2014

The real news is Guinsoo is alive.

Trolosaurus

04-04-2014

Quote:
Hi guys. I'd just like to weigh in on what some of the Fiora goals are. The main problems we see with Fiora's current kit are that thematically, she doesn't deliver on the fantasy of being a skilled duelist/fencer, and mechanically, her game presence / play pattern / role doesn't line up with being a skilled duelist/fencer.

As far as the duelist fantasy goes, at least when I think of Fiora, I expect her to be extremely mobile but not just going in, she needs to be good at dancing in, out of, around and about combat. She should be about finding weaknesses in the opponent's play and finding the proper occasion to go on the attack. She shouldn't be about running in and bursting enemies down, she should be dealing high, steady DPS over time that is relatively target agnostic.

Mechanically speaking, I'd expect a duelist type champion to be mechanically intense. I expect opportunities to use my abilities at optimal times to counter out the enemy's champion. I want to have a lot to keep track of, but with clear success cases when I do well.

At the end of the day, live Fiora is a ball of stats with some untargetability thrown in; she pushes her buttons pretty much as fast as she can without a second thought, and she's also extremely snowballey. In short, she's bland with no cool opportunities to exchange gameplay between her and her lane opponent.

Some of the current goals including switching Fiora from an assassin to a melee DPS, and moving her lane from top to mid/jungle, and adding tons of 'outplay' functionality on her kit, as well as more mobility especially in terms of being able to disengage and re-engage at optimal times.

I can't share too much of exactly what the plans are for her kit, as I'm sure it's going to change tons during development, but I'll leave this here to hopefully stir up some excitement for our favorite rapier wielder. Also bear in mind this is an early, experimental Blade Waltz, and could certainly change drastically between now and remake launch time.

I also understand it's hard to understand exactly what this sample Blade Waltz does, given the lack of context on her basic spells... but hopefully your imaginations run wild
Holy sh*t you still work at Riot?
I'm so happy!

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

what youre planning actually sounds similar to how yasuo plays, no?

he is mechanically demanding. deals consistant damage with his spells, by quickly moving into melee range, poking, and disenaging again. i hope she will have similar synergy with movement speed items like static shiv.

Mirage Night

04-04-2014

Quote:
3) Built in disengage

I doubt it. I'm not a great fan of tower diving. I think her kit still leaves her much better positioned to tower dive than the average champion even without being untargetable/immune to turrets.
How will she compete with manaless fighters. I am kinda lay this out here now. Mana on melee champions has been a huge disappointment. I believe they should rely completely on another stile of resource that is charges up and down.

Mestergrog

04-04-2014

Quote:
3) Built in disengage
Slightly confused about the first and third reasons. Blade Waltz does give untargetability (I.e. invulnerability with a few catches) but isn't it in an ult slot? And, how does Fiora have built-in disengage? Unless you're referring to the reworked version that you have underway?

DivineRaiu

04-04-2014

I haven't heard anything from Guinsoo in a while. Welcome back!
This thread has really hyped me up for the new Fiora. I really enjoy mechanically intense champions. Ones that have to pay attention to a lot of things going on around them and with one wrong move, get destroyed, but use everything correctly and you're greatly rewarded. My type of champion :3

Mirage Night

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestergrog View Post
Slightly confused about the first and third reasons. Blade Waltz does give untargetability (I.e. invulnerability with a few catches) but isn't it in an ult slot? And, how does Fiora have built-in disengage? Unless you're referring to the reworked version that you have underway?
I think he means reworked version

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestergrog View Post
i think hes talking about the current iteration of her rework, and not her live kit.

though i have to say. one reason yasuo seems appealing is because his ult feels like a really powerful and flashy move. while i like the new ult, that he posted, it seems like a bunch of stats at the press of a button, and its feel wont be able to keep up with blade waltz.

xP Crossfire

04-04-2014

Hey Guinsoo, you mentioned that your wanting to move her out of top and more into mid / jungle. Do you think the new fiora could still work in the top? Also, what exactly made you want to move her out of the top lane? I'd love to have more dps fighter / duelists in the top lane.