Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chess435

04-04-2014

What do you have in mind for Disengage? The first thing that comes to mind is something like Quinn's Vault.

IonDragonX

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
OK, I feel like I used the wrong terminology when I said "poke enemies down." I edited my first post to "deal steady, high DPS that is relatively target agnostic." While I mostly agree with you that fencing is all about scoring OHKOs, well obviously that type of gameplay isn't great for any type of PvP game. The way we're choosing to handle this is to give her strong, steady DPS, but have it come in bigger chunks that one might anticipate from a steady DPS champion. For example her Riposte has heavily negative implications on her outgoing DPS... unless she blocks a significant spell or attack, at which point she can respond with a very hard hitting Thrust.

In general we want her to feel good (and be greatly rewarded) for using her abilities properly. While that can't be in the form of OHKOs, I think the next best thing is "big chunks of damage."
OK, good. I can appreciate "big chunks of damage", that sounds right. Much better than "poke them down". I know that OHKO is out of the question and I'm fine with that. Thanks for the response, too. It's nice to know that these are being read.

Quote:
I really don't like her current passive but I worry that without it she'd really struggle top lane
As I said before. It. Just. Feels. Bad. Even. If. It. Is. Effective.

UnsafeNormal

04-04-2014

Hi there Guinsoo. I've been playing Fiora for two seasons now, I ended post S3 in D1 with her and have been fluxuating all around Diamond this season. Suffice to say I have played a lot of Fiora and have a deep mechanical understanding of her kit and potential.

I just wanted to give you my perspective on Fiora. I've always pictured her as a hybrid of Master Yi and Zed. She has the reset potential/AS/MS boost of Master Yi, coupled with the strong, albeit slightly less reliable assassinating ultimate like Zed. While she can't quite clean up as hard as Master Yi, or single out an opponent in a teamfight as easily as Zed, she's able to fulfill both roles when built for them.

Seeing as you are taking the Yasuo approach to her kit, and making her more about mobility and auto attacking. So my question is will she be strong enough to even be competitive, or just wind up as another Master Yi? Yasuo's strength comes from his resourceless spamming of abilities, his extremely useful shield and windwall and his CCtastic Ult. On top of all that he is an absolute lategame monster because of his double crit passive.

Will Fiora even be able to stand up to that? Will she bring anywhere near the utility Yasuo does? Or just be Master Yi 2.0 with some extra mobility? A high damage, yet ultimately easily locked and burned down target. Will there be a reason to pick her over Yasuo?

Lissandra Butt

04-04-2014

Will this be released before or after season 7?

A Sproutling

04-04-2014

Quote:
Truth be told, 6 years of intense video game development got to me and I really needed to take some time to destress. I spent about a year traveling and relaxing and now I'm locked and loaded and ready to pump out some sweet content.
wb dood :-)

hashinshin

04-04-2014

Guinsoo you designed some of the most frustrating and OP champions ever conceived.

Guinsoo you designed some of the most creative and fun to play champions ever conceived.

Dies to Wolves

04-04-2014

Quote:
For example her Riposte has heavily negative implications on her outgoing DPS... unless she blocks a significant spell or attack, at which point she can respond with a very hard hitting Thrust.
So she can finally block spells too with her W?

From the way you worded it, does that mean that her W will hit harder based on how much damage she blocks? I would really really really love that, but I'm afraid of possible "too strong" situations, like blocking Veigar's ultimate for example.

Hellioning

04-04-2014

Is this part of the fighter rework?

ColdJr

04-04-2014

The moment fiora's winrate is at a high level, a rework is announced that will no doubt lower it back to olaf/kass levels.

I see what you're doing riot. Fiora not allowed to have time in the winning spotlight?

B00tyWarriorr

04-04-2014

How 'bout fixing poppy first? Fiora is pretty thematically bad but she's actually a pretty good champ if you learn her. Her jungle clear is some of the fastest in the game while staying at full hp. She's extremely underrated.