Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teemo is Life

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Hi guys. I'd just like to weigh in on what some of the Fiora goals are. The main problems we see with Fiora's current kit are that thematically, she doesn't deliver on the fantasy of being a skilled duelist/fencer, and mechanically, her game presence / play pattern / role doesn't line up with being a skilled duelist/fencer.

As far as the duelist fantasy goes, at least when I think of Fiora, I expect her to be extremely mobile but not just going in, she needs to be good at dancing in, out of, around and about combat. She should be about finding weaknesses in the opponent's play and finding the proper occasion to go on the attack. She shouldn't be about running in and bursting enemies down, she should be poking them down over time.

Mechanically speaking, I'd expect a duelist type champion to be mechanically intense. I expect opportunities to use my abilities at optimal times to counter out the enemy's champion. I want to have a lot to keep track of, but with clear success cases when I do well.

At the end of the day, live Fiora is a ball of stats with some untargetability thrown in; she pushes her buttons pretty much as fast as she can without a second thought, and she's also extremely snowballey. In short, she's bland with no cool opportunities to exchange gameplay between her and her lane opponent.

Some of the current goals including switching Fiora from an assassin to a melee DPS, and moving her lane from top to mid/jungle, and adding tons of 'outplay' functionality on her kit, as well as more mobility especially in terms of being able to disengage and re-engage at optimal times.

I can't share too much of exactly what the plans are for her kit, as I'm sure it's going to change tons during development, but I'll leave this here to hopefully stir up some excitement for our favorite rapier wielder. Also bear in mind this is an early, experimental Blade Waltz, and could certainly change drastically between now and remake launch time.

I also understand it's hard to understand exactly what this sample Blade Waltz does, given the lack of context on her basic spells... but hopefully your imaginations run wild
Hello Guinsoo, I think Fiora should be sort of like Teemo- Very single target focused, so assassin mode, but after she bursts her combo she is still a good fighter and can last in a single target fight but crumble very easily in a large group. I think the duelist idea should be her strong and weak factor- she's extremely good at 1v1s or grouping up and catching someone, but if she gets focused in team fights she will get pwnd. I think all her abilities should just be like an actual duel. She should have a low cd parry that can block like the next few auto attacks, instead of one just make it so she blocks a few but doesnt return any damage

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemo is Life View Post
Hello Guinsoo, I think Fiora should be sort of like Teemo-
not even teemo should be like teemo.

Teemo is Life

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critmaster Garen View Post
not even teemo should be like teemo.
Teemo mechanics fool, like any assassin

STKuja

04-04-2014

As a dude who loves Fiora, that ult excites the hell out of me

I'll miss old Blade Waltz but the new concept looks super cool

Any form of disengage is also going to be awesome

prey2112

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemo is Life View Post
Teemo mechanics fool, like any assassin
Teemo has mechanics?

InfiniX

04-04-2014

woah they finally get a COMPETENT rioter to do something

Teemo is Life

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2112 View Post
Teemo has mechanics?
hide in the shadows, surprise the unknowing and unintelligent prey

Cyndication

04-04-2014

No seriously. She is fine. Are you really giving in to the QQ of 100 threads made by the same person on GD? If its that easy to make Riot rework and completely change change champions then I don't know how long more this game and company will last because thats a joke. And you can't deny that it is not because Riot didn't even know Fiora existed all these years and just cause some guy decides to make 100 op threads about a champ, it gets reworked lol.

I am sorry but this game is treated like a sport right? If we are drastically changing aspects then it is not the same game and not the same sport. I think you need to get more community input and take more care when changing champions because its not just a rework its changing the entire game. So thousands of people that have mastered fiora are going to have to readjust, the people that developed mechanics for her etc, all of that goes to waste?

Her kit is fine, she is not a tank, she is all auto attacks, a thornmail counters her hard as ****. People are only crying cause she is played mid but she is garbage top. You can play tryndamere and jax mid and still make kids cry, doesn't mean you nerf the champions lol. Her ultimate is rarely enough to kill anyone unless they aren't 50% health anyway. I used to play her alot and win lane and get fed then they would just build thornmail and i would end up killing myself despite being more fed than them.

And I don't like these changes you are doing with regards to snowballing. Snowballing is apart of the game and this is flawed logic because 50% of the champs have snowballing while other 50% don't. It will never be fair. So example, any ap mid thats fed will snowball pretty hard and all top laners snowball because if you get a kill and 95% of top laners are melee champions so when they want to farm, they have to get close to the enemy and since the enemy is more fed, they just keep dying and get outleveled. So if snowballing is going to inevitable top lane, then theres going to be no snowballing mid?

Snowballing is a huge part of this game. So if you don't do well early then how do you win games? If early game deaths aren't going to mean **** then what are you supposed to do to win your lane? Just turn it into a farm lane? Thats not fun.

So early game isn't going to mean **** since there we are going to try and remove snowballing and make every game go into late game where a single flaw by any member on either side could win/lose the game for them. This just makes it hell to carry lower elos. The only way to get out and carry at the moment is pretty much to snowball your lane and help others so you can climb else its just going to be luck as its going to depend on each teams comp and what the picked in champion select which is 90% luck as low elo teams never pay attention to team comp or late game or anything of that sort. This just means we are trying to eliminate early game champions like assasins and force league of tanks if you continue down this path to remove "snowballing" from the game.

So i don't know where you are going with this new concept of go in and go out of battle but why is this the goal behind like every rework? It was the same for Kassadin.

Anyway, by changing these champions so dractically, you are just changing the game and it isn't going to be the same game anymore. Instead of these reworks, just make new champions so the game can have more content and let players who want to enjoy the older content enjoy it.

YourEffortsAreIn

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holynova View Post
Guinsoo Why does she need a full scale rework , honestly the problem with her kit was that she had to much power on her e and r and no power on her passive and w , why couldn't it have been moved over ?
Because bursting someone 100-0 and being untargetable for a large part of it does not a "grand duelist" make.

Mansa TChalla

04-04-2014

GUINSOO brought us KARTHUS, SHEN and TWITCH and many other awesome champs.

Fioras in good hands folks