Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Learning to learn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryuukii

04-04-2014

hi

so since I've hit 30, I've only won two normal matches, and have lost over 10 now and still counting. Every loss is a lesson, but I don't feel I'm learning anything ;____; someone please teach me how to play..................... Add me Q__Q

Invisibleally

04-04-2014

-Focus on last-hitting minions and don't stray far from your turret if you are top, mid, or carry.
-Be sure to use your trinkets pay close attention to your minimap and your teammates' pings.

-As support you want to do what you can to protect your carry or harass the enemy (or both). Depending on the champion, you want to either play up front (Nautilus, Alistar, Leona) and protect your carry and peel for them, or play back (Nami, Sona, Nidalee) and launch harassment against your laning opponents. Try to stick close to your carry, but warn them when they overextend and don't let them drag you into unwinnable situations.

-As a jungler, there are four important preparations:
Bring appropriate runes to toughen your champion up.
Pick a hardy champ that excels at clearing.
Bring the Smite summoner spell.
Stock up on health potions for your first clear.

I hope these tips help you out.

PappaSmurf23

04-04-2014

From what I'm noticing you definitely need to make sure you get last hit on minions,A lot of your matches are fairly low in CS.Like Invis said,Keep wards up and have map awareness,If you're in lane and their's a lot of pressure just sit back by turret a bit,Just make sure you get last hit,And when that happens,Try to get the jungler to gank top.If the guy you're versing is near your turret hes basically over extending and allowing for an easier gank.Also,You gotta learn about counter champs as well as build against the guy you're versing if hes tossing you around.

Like for instance,If Katarina is being fed in mid lane an than begins to roam the map picking up ganks,Be sure to get MR (Magic Resist),Allows for sustainability and try to use your cool downs in a good rotation,Especially if you have stuns.I might make a guide and post.But for right now maybe this will help.

Ryuukii

04-05-2014

but but i play support ;____; i don't want to take farm from my adc!!

the enemy laners seem to be a lot better .. been losing so much and still getting queued with plats q__q