Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Most unused 1350 champ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deadly Limes

04-04-2014

Maybe sion or taric I think?

Millea

04-04-2014

That would definitely be Sion.

Dat Dude

04-04-2014

Sion

Deadly Limes

04-04-2014

Quote:
Millea:
That would definitely be Sion.

But is sion worth buying? Is he able to be played well? Also, is Shaco good?

5C4r3Cr0w

04-04-2014

Quote:
Deadly Limes:
But is sion worth buying? Is he able to be played well? Also, is Shaco good?

Uh, AP Sion is okay as a roamingmid/ burst mage.

Shaco is really hit or miss, eitheryou are a good shaco or you are absolutely horrible with him.

JarOfSARS

04-04-2014

Quote:
Deadly Limes:
or taric I think?

He was very strong S3, but he's since become less popular. For what it's worth, I still use him from time to time. He's basically a slightly weaker Leona but with a heal which puts him into never-die mode. Great against full AD teams too. He currently sits at over 51% win rate.

Sion though, definitely unpopular and pretty subpar right now, ever since his AP ratio nerfs long ago. There are many champs that do what he can, but better, in both AP and AD roles. He has a 47% win rate.

Sion, Poppy, and Zilean are all 1350 and under, and all of them are in the top 10 least used champions in ranked solo queue. They all also have under 50% win rates, and none of them are considered very good.

Deadly Limes

04-04-2014

Quote:
JarOfSARS:
He was very strong S3, but he's since become less popular. For what it's worth, I still use him from time to time. He's basically a slightly weaker Leona but with a heal which puts him into never-die mode. Great against full AD teams too. He currently sits at over 51% win rate.

Sion though, definitely unpopular and pretty subpar right now, ever since his AP ratio nerfs long ago. There are many champs that do what he can, but better, in both AP and AD roles. He has a 47% win rate.

Sion, Poppy, and Zilean are all 1350 and under, and all of them are in the top 10 least used champions in ranked solo queue. They all also have under 50% win rates, and none of them are considered very good.

When did they nerf sion? Also, perhaps shaco is good?

JarOfSARS

04-04-2014

Quote:
Deadly Limes:
When did they nerf sion? Also, perhaps shaco is good?

Sion was nerfed LONG ago, probably early last season or even season 2... apparently November of 2011 upon looking it up, my age is showing!

Shaco is fine, but he's very hit or miss, as has been mentioned. You NEED to snowball your lanes early and force a lot of kills, because he just does not scale well at all. He's pretty good at splitpushing or just randomly assassinating lone squishy targets late game, but he just falls off very hard. That being said, his early game ganking is among the deadliest in the game if the enemy team has poor ward coverage. He also has the potential to be incredibly annoying to the enemy jungler or even outright kill them in their own jungle. Very high risk, but high reward if you play him well. A bad Shaco can almost singlehandedly lose the game for their team by failing to do much early and just ending up useless as the game drags on.

Deadly Limes

04-04-2014

Quote:
JarOfSARS:
Sion was nerfed LONG ago, probably early last season or even season 2... apparently November of 2011 upon looking it up, my age is showing!

Shaco is fine, but he's very hit or miss, as has been mentioned. You NEED to snowball your lanes early and force a lot of kills, because he just does not scale well at all. He's pretty good at splitpushing or just randomly assassinating lone squishy targets late game, but he just falls off very hard. That being said, his early game ganking is among the deadliest in the game if the enemy team has poor ward coverage. He also has the potential to be incredibly annoying to the enemy jungler or even outright kill them in their own jungle. Very high risk, but high reward if you play him well. A bad Shaco can almost singlehandedly lose the game for their team by failing to do much early and just ending up useless as the game drags on.

Who would you recommend I buy with my 1350?

JarOfSARS

04-04-2014

Quote:
Deadly Limes:
Who would you recommend I buy with my 1350?

If you're looking for an underplayed 1350 or under, maybe Nunu (low win rate, not sure if you'd jungle/top/support any more), Chogath is pretty fun but underplayed, Twisted Fate is a pretty high skill cap champ that you could work to get good at, Singed for trolliness, Corki if you want an unpopular ADC.

It really depends on what you're looking for specifically and what you like to play.