Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AMAM - 60 Advanced Tips to Improve in ARAM Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3rdWorstPlayerNA

04-30-2014

Quote:
Bions:

Usually, for champions that don't start with Chalice, I think it's better to start with items that will allow you to buy Aegis on your first trip back. Ever since the aegis component change, I usually start with Ruby+Negatron+Regrowth+Pots, which is VERY cost efficient since you go in lane with mr, hp and sustain. It's very com^parable to your giant's belt, but you can use those items on your first item rather than your 2nd or 3rd.

I've actually had people rage at me for this start. Nice to know I wasn't wrong in doing it.

Bions

04-30-2014

Quote:
3rdWorstPlayerNA:
I've actually had people rage at me for this start. Nice to know I wasn't wrong in doing it.

The weakest person in a room is usually the loudest. Always build what makes sense, not what someone claiming they're plat (like that's relevant) is asking you.

3rdWorstPlayerNA

05-01-2014

Question I've been meaning to ask:

What are your thoughts on after a death and you are 50-150 gold short of that next item? I typically wait for the gold so I can get the item unless a tower looks to be in danger if I wait.

GrosPigeon

05-01-2014

Quote:
3rdWorstPlayerNA:
Question I've been meaning to ask:

What are your thoughts on after a death and you are 50-150 gold short of that next item? I typically wait for the gold so I can get the item unless a tower looks to be in danger if I wait.
Generally waiting for 150g or less is okay because you generate gold pretty fast on this map. You can wait for more if the item you can complete is very important like an Aegis. It's hard to evaluate if you can save structures from being destroyed when you just spawned. If your team can defend then you can wait for your item but if the turret is going to fall AND you are a good anti-siege champion with lots of wave clear like Janna or Ziggs then you should definitely hurry up and go defend it. Champions who don't have safe ways to wave clear should stay away from sieged turrets if the enemy has a man advantage. There is no point in dying alone and ending up not saving the turret.

BryceX

05-02-2014

I get that you and your team are really good at aram, but that last game we played was boring beyond all hell.

Bions

05-02-2014

Quote:
BryceX:
I get that you and your team are really good at aram, but that last game we played was boring beyond all hell.

We wanted to win faster but ziggs waveclear op

Euthrosyne

05-02-2014

Our team had such a heavy sustain advantage that it's counterintuitive for me to dive as Leona, so my hands were tied. With two sources of damage, both long range, both fragile, and facing a team of divers, it's better to play boring and force you to impale yourself. Sustain comps are boring if they get wavecleared.

I could have actually hit my flares, though. >.> *shrugs*

BryceX

05-02-2014

Quote:
Euthrosyne:
Our team had such a heavy sustain advantage that it's counterintuitive for me to dive as Leona, so my hands were tied. With two sources of damage, both long range, both fragile, and facing a team of divers, it's better to play boring and force you to impale yourself. Sustain comps are boring if they get wavecleared.

I could have actually hit my flares, though. >.> *shrugs*

Ori passes to Leona, Leona passes to Cow, Cow goes for the dunk, ITS A SHOCKWAVE! COW DUNKS THE TOWER! THE CROWD GOES WILD!... Except not once that game. That's why our Maokai was falling asleep.

Edit: I seriously can't think of how to win against a team that has immense pushing power, initiate, sustain, and crazy peel potential. What would you have done? I stuck with Riven thinking we had good enough initiate with Mao.

Euthrosyne

05-02-2014

Despite that team's advantages, when you managed to get off your initiates, you crushed us more than a few times. In hindsight, an exhaust or two might have done a lot of good, because you could have taken out half our damage for a short period while you initiated.

So in games like that, you have to force mistakes or openings, but your margin for error is null, because either we're going to lock back up and sustain to full or see a weakness in your initiation and counterthrust to take the heart out of your attack. Just having a team comp like that gives you so many options to address any situation.

GrosPigeon

05-02-2014

Had we initiated on you guys with leona + ori or ali + ori combo we would have let kennen and riven go on our our carries without as much protection. As Alistar, I knew the only way you guys could win a fight was if we let you full hp and if kennen got a nice ult so I had to keep my W up at all time in case he made a move. Your team had a much better teamfight than us since we only had 2 carry champions and 3 supportive ones. We played the siege / poke game because we could only win a fight if we got your team low in the first place. I'd say what your team needed to do was brawl with us as much as possible and not wait for us to windle you guys down. Sitting back is fine when you are waiting to hit 6 or for a big cooldown to come back up but a team with a Shaco and without an AD carry your late game is very poor. As we got our items and leveled up we actually outscaled your team by counterbuilding and having an Urgot which can take on any bruiser in the late game. Your team missed your mid game timing window where you could have fought us and snowballed.

All things considered, our comp was better than yours, but during the mid game starting from Lv6 your team should have been more agressive because our champions were only better at the poking game and not teamfighting.