Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AMAM - 60 Advanced Tips to Improve in ARAM Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeddite

Recruiter

04-28-2014

Gone are the days of Aura Support Evelyn
- Runic Bulwark
- Shard of True Ice
- Will of the Ancients
- Zeke's Herald
- Frozen Gauntlet / Frozen Heart / Abyssal Scepter
- Boots of Swiftness (w/ Captain upgrade)

What is a Wolf

04-28-2014

Quote:
Euthrosyne:
Rawr! I'd like to give my thoughts on Eve. (She's not that bad, guys..... .-.)

Into actual thoughts.

I don't believe she should be classified as an AP carry any more. I'm not going to quibble about moving her up or down a rank (Yes, she's probably a D rank AD carry as well >&lt, but there are a few parts about her kit which make building her AD a much more efficient thing to do.
  1. She doesn't have the luxury of wide-open spaces to chase people down while Hate Spiking, because those spaces don't exist on HA and it's exceptionally hard to isolate someone away from their team unless they decide to facecheck your bush.
  2. Hate Spike doesn't burst anyone down. Ever. To build her AP, you're expecting to get sustained damage out of Eve through Hate Spike, but you're just not going to have that time most of the time for a pretty good amount of the game.
  3. I suppose if you wanted to do Hybrid Eve, you would welcome Ravage being physical damage, but I've never felt Hybrid Eve really tore through games, because it's hard to build both types of damage and survivability at the same time. Moreover, AP carry Eve wastes that absolutely beautiful 120% bonus attack speed and loses damage by not having physical penetration. The 100% AP ratio is something I will give AP Eve credit for, but that's about it.
  4. The best thing about Agony's Embrace isn't the damage, but it's the shield/slow. In a crowded teamfight, you're only going to soak up damage and be a giant distraction because AP affects the ult's damage relatively poorly and your shield will be blown up before you can really do anything with Hate Spike. In contrast, AD carry/bruiser Eve synergizes with the shield better because she can do more burst damage while the shield is up.

If anything, I would concur that a tanky AD Eve is closer to C rank than D rank, because a 1500 damage shield backed by resistances is still substantial, not to mention Eve has level 2 global taunt (Teemo has level 11 >&gt. I don't think she's primary tank material, because she only gets it from her ult, but she can run wingman for a primary tank any day. Moreover, building an item like TF/IG that she can proc all the time to supplement her damage/disruption is something I would seriously consider in a tank build at 5th or 6th slot, potentially 4th via piecemeal if the game merits it.

Long post incoming, but I want to speak with Pigeon first. I'll get back to you shortly

BLU Medic

04-28-2014

Okay, quick question. Kog'Maw. AP or AD?

As far as I know, I go AP if there's already a lot of ADs on my team. If not, I go AD. I know Kog'Maw doesn't scale that well with AP but his Void Ooze later game seems to do so much damage but if I go AD, the power's all in his Bio-Arcane Barrage.

Jeddite

Recruiter

04-28-2014

Quote:
Okay, quick question. Kog'Maw. AP or AD?

As far as I know, I go AP if there's already a lot of ADs on my team. If not, I go AD. I know Kog'Maw doesn't scale that well with AP but his Void Ooze later game seems to do so much damage but if I go AD, the power's all in his Bio-Arcane Barrage.

The shortest and most reliable answer is: "build according to what your team needs". If your team needs AD, build AD. If your team needs AP, build AP.

Euthrosyne

04-28-2014

Quote:
Jeddite:
Gone are the days of Aura Support Evelyn
- Runic Bulwark
- Shard of True Ice
- Will of the Ancients
- Zeke's Herald
- Frozen Gauntlet / Frozen Heart / Abyssal Scepter
- Boots of Swiftness (w/ Captain upgrade)

Alas, those good old days. She still works to an extent, but you're a lot more dependent on items with debuffs.

And Wolf/Gros, write about boot upgrades! Captain needs more love!

GrosPigeon

04-28-2014

Quote:
Jeddite:
The shortest and most reliable answer is: "build according to what your team needs". If your team needs AD, build AD. If your team needs AP, build AP.
And if your team already has balanced hybrid damage you should favor going AP because it's safer to rely on 2300 range poke than 710 attack range.

GrosPigeon

04-28-2014

Quote:
Euthrosyne:

And Wolf/Gross, write about boot upgrades! Captain needs more love!
I'll admit I never really thought about writing something about boots upgrades since I think it's mostly preference. I'll try anyway.

Furor: Those boots are for champions that kite their opponents, mainly AD carries. Although I only like getting them on very safe AD carries like Caitlyn and Tristana that have long attack range but also an escape. For shorter ranged AD carries and those without escapes I'd rather have alacrity or distortion to help dodge poke or get out of a bad situation with lower flash cooldown. This enchantment is also very good on Cassiopeia.

Distortion: As stated in the Furor section, I like getting those boots on carries who need some extra safety, especially when facing bruisers that have gap closers like Jarvan IV or Wukong. Although 90% of the time I buy those boots is on a champion that heavily relies on flash such as Fiddlesticks, Wukong, Galio, Alistar, Amumu, Morgana, Darius, Annie (I think we get it, you can stop now).

Captain: I'd only get it on champions that usually lead the charge but don't rely on flash to initiate like Zac, Malphite, Leona, Pantheon, Trundle, Shyvana, Jarvan IV. I've never tried getting it on support champions to help running away from a bad fight so I can't really say if it's good for that or not. Although it's on my list of things to experiment with.

Alacrity: The go to upgrade. Get it when you don't need better flash cooldown and if you're a short ranged carry that can't get in range to auto, meaning that furor is completely useless. This enchant is good for any given situation, it helps with dodging skillshots, repositioning... anything that requires moving, really.

No boots
: My personal favourite. It allows you to gain one more item slot. It's so OP late game. I rush this enchant on champions like Nidalee, Sona and sometimes Trundle.

MattJumps

04-28-2014

This is a great read, and needs to be stickied or something!

3rdWorstPlayerNA

04-28-2014

Quote:
MattJumps:
This is a great read, and needs to be stickied or something!

Luckily (or unluckily depending on how you look at it) the ARAM forums move rather slow, so this thread tends to stay at the top. Not to mention getting a RIOT red post to pop in here and sticky it would be like Moses parting the Red Sea... a miracle.

Frosty Hoodoo

04-28-2014

I love this thread. So many helpful tips for players on ARAM.