Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AMAM - 60 Advanced Tips to Improve in ARAM Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrosPigeon

04-09-2014

@3rdWorstPlayerNA you don't need an account to save replays, I don't even have one myself. All you have to do is let lolreplay run in the background while you play LoL and it should save it on your computer.

3rdWorstPlayerNA

04-09-2014

Quote:
GrosPigeon:
@3rdWorstPlayerNA you don't need an account to save replays, I don't even have one myself. All you have to do is let lolreplay run in the background while you play LoL and it should save it on your computer.

Yeah I have them saved, just figured I would need an account to upload them...

GrosPigeon

04-09-2014

You can upload it to any sharing website like dropbox or mediafire.

3rdWorstPlayerNA

04-09-2014

Quote:
GrosPigeon:
You can upload it to any sharing website like dropbox or mediafire.

Ah okay, wasn't thinking. lol... Let me know when you and Wolf aren't busy and I'll sling a couple of the games up that I wouldn't mind yall looking at.

3rdWorstPlayerNA

04-09-2014

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0xw6m1b5vw6sbs2/3rdWorstPlayerNA_-_Crazy_Turtle_Win.lrf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/42gs4c9cp5kxb42/3rdWorstPlayerNA_-_Sona.lrf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h43c7s6iaa1c5f6/3rdWorstPlayerNA_-_Nice_Dinger_game.lrf

All 3 of those games I made tons of mistakes I know, but out of what I have on hand, they are the 3 probably best suited to critiquing. The crazy turtle win is what happens at my elo when a team actually f'n finally works together near the end instead of being rage quitting f'tards.

RJS Titerito

04-11-2014

GG

rfken310

04-11-2014

Thanks for sharing all these tips, I think I have learned to play better from them.

By the way, why is Garen considered a worst tier tank (being in the group exclusive to Poppy and Udyr)? I think he can deal a fair amount of aoe damage with just Brutalizer (spin) and Sunfire Cape while being tanky and kind of anti-cc with his W. I think he can be more annoying in team fights than Poppy or Udyr. Also, Garen provides some early game wave clear (q->e->w combo), unlike the other two. The damage reduction from his W makes him especially tanky early game, and he can stand back and regenerate a fair amount of hp with his passive if his team is defending a tower.

GrosPigeon

04-11-2014

Quote:
rfken310:
Thanks for sharing all these tips, I think I have learned to play better from them.

By the way, why is Garen considered a worst tier tank (being in the group exclusive to Poppy and Udyr)? I think he can deal a fair amount of aoe damage with just Brutalizer (spin) and Sunfire Cape while being tanky and kind of anti-cc with his W. I think he can be more annoying in team fights than Poppy or Udyr. Also, Garen provides some early game wave clear (q->e->w combo), unlike the other two. The damage reduction from his W makes him especially tanky early game, and he can stand back and regenerate a fair amount of hp with his passive if his team is defending a tower.

Garen fills the role of tank but can't peel nor initiate very well due to his lack of cc. His "wave clear" on his spin is far too low and unsafe (requires him to be melee on creeps). He depends on controling the bushes because he has no gap closer and can't get around the enemy peelers but doesn't have the tools to contest it. He is very tanky and does more damage than the average tank but doesn't have any of the utility that higher tier tanks bring to the table. Ultimately, Garen is very easy to peel off and ignore.

He is a good tank when his team is a balanced mixture of higher tier roles that already cover the team needs of sustain wave clear and cc, but on a team lacking those elements, which is very often the case in ARAM, he is not the best pick for completing your team. Higher tier tanks for the ARAM tier list are tanks that are good at multiple things because the teams you roll in ARAM are incomplete most of the time. This statement is true for all roles in the tier list.

ZerglingsForZion

04-11-2014

I had some feedback on your tier list.

I feel the Tier D tank list could be expanded to include champions like Eve and Ryze. They're never your first choice but they have half of a tank's skillset. In fact, I find eve to be such a poor carry, that I almost always play her as a mpen tank/initiator. Speaking of tanks, Nasus is easily a Tier C tank/bodyguard. I was also surprised to see Elise in tier B due to her lack of tank steroids/base stats. Her engage/disengage is pretty good but either requires a skillshot or a deep engage. Maybe I just haven't had a chance to see a good Elise tank.

A couple of champions seem need their secondary roles mentioned, like Karma as AP carry, Riven as tank or Kayle as ADC, if only because they are better than the tier D champions for that role. Sure they are best in their listed role but you do come across situations where they should be played in their secondary role.

Overall, I love the work Wolf and Pigeon put into this thread.

Injusto

04-11-2014

Nice thread guys! Always welcome some more tips in my arams, specially when I was already doing some of them.

Anyway, I have a few questions:

1. What are your thoughts on Tankplank? Guantlet is pretty good on him
  2. I like Garen. I like Garen with sunfire + atmas + spinning. Does this make me a noob?
  3. Thoughts or tips about "backdooring" to get their inhibitor with Twitch/Panth/TF? Is it worth it even if you die, or better to avoid this?
  4. Thoughts on Zephyr?
  5. How about WotA?
  6. To me, you forgot another excellent reason to use a reroll: if you get Udyr.