Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AMAM - 60 Advanced Tips to Improve in ARAM Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3rdWorstPlayerNA

04-04-2014

Question: My last game we were outranged and outpoked and the enemy team had a Soraka. Sooo.. if we didn't keep the pressure on they were just healing up in direct reverse proportion to the direction our health was heading in, which was down. I tried to talk my team into just going "balls deep" on the enemy every chance we got, but instead they would run.. then get poked down.. then die.

Suggestions?

Edit: We were doomed. lol

texasaurus rex

04-04-2014

Quote:
3rdWorstPlayerNA:
Question: My last game we were outranged and outpoked and the enemy team had a Soraka. Sooo.. if we didn't keep the pressure on they were just healing up in direct reverse proportion to the direction our health was heading in, which was down. I tried to talk my team into just going "balls deep" on the enemy every chance we got, but instead they would run.. then get poked down.. then die.

Suggestions?

If you don't have hard engage in a situation like that, you're unlikely to win that game without some kind of extreme skill differential. It sucks, but those are the games that Wolf is talking about.

3rdWorstPlayerNA

04-04-2014

Quote:
texasaurus rex:
If you don't have hard engage in a situation like that, you're unlikely to win that game without some kind of extreme skill differential. It sucks, but those are the games that Wolf is talking about.

Yeah... literally the only thing I could think of was just going balls deep every chance we had when we had at least 4 of us... Based on the 1 or 2 times it almost happened, I think it might have worked, but... I doubt it. lol Was just one of those games.

TROLLIN ARAM

04-04-2014

You do know what you're talking about, but 80% win rate is nothing to brag when you're perma premade 5 against yolo queue where half the time people either troll build, afk, disconnect, constantly dive 1v5 to finish off that low hp with zero teamwork and objective focus =)

GrosPigeon

04-04-2014

3rdWorstPlayerNA after taking a look at the team matchup, we found it odd that you were being outpoked and outsustained. Do you have the replay of that game by any chance? Wolf and I would like to take a closer look and analyze it and stream it possibly if you'd be ok with that.

3rdWorstPlayerNA

04-05-2014

Quote:
GrosPigeon:
3rdWorstPlayerNA after taking a look at the team matchup, we found it odd that you were being outpoked and outsustained. Do you have the replay of that game by any chance? Wolf and I would like to take a closer look and analyze it and stream it possibly if you'd be ok with that.

Nope I sure don't. I'll start running lolreplay again, I had gotten out of the habit of turning it on. Looking back on it, I believe my team members just let it happen, if that makes any sense. Somehow out the gate they got the fear in them and played very reticent. It's just the MMR I'm in. If I'm not solo Q I'm playing with drinking buddies. lol Oh well, I have fun.

Edit: I also blame karma. Everytime I get near a "milestone" ARAM win the world unleashes stupidity upon me. hahaha 2 more wins and I hit 600 in ARAM and have officially played the game mode way too much.

3rdWorstPlayerNA

04-06-2014

I've got a game that would be great for yall to analyze and stream. It's chock full of mistakes by both teams, luckily my team is the one that won (and we should not have but none of us gave up). Problem is lolreplay is not letting me make an account atm for some reason, keeps giving me an error message. I will try again tomorrow.

Anyway, the matchup was:

My team: Zyra, Alkali, Cho, Annie, Soraka
Enemy team: Zilean, Renekton, Ryze, Thresh, Ziggs

On paper..... not sure how it looks. The Soraka leans in our direction but we lost towers fairly fast. I was the Cho, and although I love tanking, I hate tanking with Cho, it just doesn't suit me for some reason. However, this game is a prime example of why you don't give up. Mistakes abound on both teams lol so good learning tool for others.

Edit: This is what I get when I try and create a lolreplay account:

http://prntscr.com/37q850

Ryuzakichi

04-08-2014

I think Gangplank could be around the B-tier list if you play him right.

Dessim8

04-08-2014

Quote:
Ryuzakichi:
I think Gangplank could be around the B-tier list if you play him right.

He could, if you play him as a tanky fighter. A passive permaslow is not shabby if you can survive to reapply it, and the oranges are a good way to bait CC onto your pirate if you go in to absorb them all.

GrosPigeon

04-08-2014

As a carry, he needs too many items to become effective and is very easily denied. Gangplank will usually lose to a mixture of higher tier champions due to his inability to stop sieges when behind which is why he is low tier. The game will most likely end before he reaches his core items.

Building him tanky is good when you don't have a tank but his slow is barely 7% and can only reach 21% if you stack it 3x in a row on a single target, which is very weak for all the effort you put into using your Q 3 times in a row. He's an okay initiatior due to his ult + E he can give the opportunity to his team to follow-up, but he is a terrible peeler because he lacks hard CC.

On the other hand, he can start sheen and still have a decent early game which can be built into a gauntlet for more CC or a triforce later on when building carry. He might be good enough for C tier but B tier would be definetely pushing it. Wolf and I are kind of busy right now but we'll look into it some more when we have time.