Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New to League, Need a Champ to Learn Bottom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GQQGLE

04-03-2014

Hey guys, I'm new to League, just started a week ago. So far I'm really liking the game although I wanna focus on one role so I can be good at it and my choice of preference is AD Carry. I have enough RP to buy one champion atm. So I'm wondering who is the easiest AD marksman that I can start learning with?

Sweetshine00

04-03-2014

I suggests graves, since he is quite tanky and can deal quite a bit of damage. Beginner friendly champion.
Also fun!

Pakorra

04-03-2014

Quote:
GQQGLE:
Hey guys, I'm new to League, just started a week ago. So far I'm really liking the game although I wanna focus on one role so I can be good at it and my choice of preference is AD Carry. I have enough RP to buy one champion atm. So I'm wondering who is the easiest AD marksman that I can start learning with?

I recommend Caitlyn. Her basic auto attack range I believe has the highest early game range. Her "q" provides good damage, "w" can add more pressure to lane, "e" allows her to escape, and her "r" let's you pick up kills on low health targets that are alone.

I honestly don't recommend Graves in that his kit makes him be in closer range to deal damage which isn't ideal for a starter as you'll most likely die if you go in at the wrong time.

koalaknight

04-03-2014

I feel that AD carries can be classified into these categories (some champions will overlap), where you would eventually want at least one in every category. I will order them from easiest to most difficult.

High mobility AD casters: These are the AD carries that depend on their abilities to a certain degree, and have some sort of dash/blink to escape from dangerous situations. Most of these AD carries can deal damage from a safe distance.
Ezreal (probably one of the easiest AD carries to do decently well with, where he has a very long range skill shot where you can deal damage from a safe distance and kite your opponents), Graves (a bit more difficult than Ezreal since he short auto-attack range and is all about jumping into fights and deal damage from up close), Lucian (needs to be in auto-attack range to use his passive effectively), and Corki (tricky to use, but incredibly strong dueling potential if used correctly).

Lane Bully: These AD carries have kits that are extremely strong in lane, where they have high dueling potential. Most of them peak around mid game, but will lose some of their effectiveness late game (might not even get there since these champions are so strong early to mid) as the other AD carries out scale them.
Caitlyn (one of the safest AD carries, one of longest auto-attack range, has an escape ability, and just a very strong lane bully), Miss Fortune (very strong duelist, huge damage potential early game, and also has a strong ult for mid game team fights), Draven (Incredibly high damage, and incredibly risky. Excels at all in's, but need to know when you should fight and when you should run).

Hypercarries: Most of these are weak in laning phase, but scales incredibly well with items and become unstoppable late game.
Jinx (AOE crit, global execute, just scales incredibly well with items. Probably easiest to play out of the hypercarries, and not too weak during laning phase), Tristana (You can get her for free. She is strong early and late game, but very weak mid game before she can finish enough items), Kog'Maw (He gets incredibly long range + %heath magic damage from an ability, and just had incredibly high DPS once he gets a few items. Low mobility, and no escape, though), Vayne (probably one of the more mechanics intensive champions, where while she has incredibly high DPS, she is extremely squishy and need extremely good positioning and enough knowledge of what your opponents' champions can do to stay alive).
Strong mid game team fight champions: These are the AD carries that are strong during team fights when teams are grouped up.
Miss Fortune (high damage AOE ult), Twitch(high damage AOE ult, requires precise positioning since he has no dash/blink to escape if caught out of position)

Utility AD carries: These are the AD carries that provide utility to the team, and offer something more than just damage.
Ashe (can scout out areas, and great at initiating team fights with her ice arrow that can AOE stun), Varus (great poke, provides nice utility with AOE slow and root), Sivir (Great wave clear for sieging, ult gives team movement speed boost).

I believe this should cover most AD carries, I haven't had much experience with Quinn and Urgot and potential a few others that I am forgetting...

I would personally recommend Ezreal, Jinx, and Caitlyn, where they are easy to learn, but difficult to master, and quite fun to play.

Venomous Unicorn

04-04-2014

As far as marksmen go, there are a few that are easy to learn.

Sivir only has a couple attacks, her only real difficult thing to learn is to time spell shields effectively. (shes also cheap! 450 ip)
Caitlyn has the one of the longest base auto attack range in the game so she can play fairly safe. She's also quite easy to play.
Ezreal is a bit harder to play with, he's really all about kiting. He has great poke harass with his low mana cost long range q and a global ult.

Those are some of my favorites.

BabysUnlimited

04-04-2014

I would go with cailtyn. She has great range and poke and can deal a lot of damage. She is also easy to use. Sivir is a good adc, but she can get poked hard even with her shield due to her relatively low range. Lucian is one of my favorites as his escape debuffs and his passive is really good (double shot). If you are still a beginner, I wouldnt look at hyper carries (ex: vayne, kog maw, ect..) as they are a bit harder due to the fact that you have to play super passive in lanning fase and get a lot of cs to burst ou end game. Another safe pick is jinx. She is so fun to play, has a snare (her traps) and she has a slow that deals some significant amount of damage end game. She snowballs super well and her early game isnt too bad. The only problem is she has no escape so shes easily targetable by junglers or assasins.
Good luck and add me if you need anything!

3rdWorstPlayerNA

04-04-2014

Since you will probably not always get the ADC role you want to learn, you might want to also think about learning the support role at the same time. In the long run, it will make you better as an ADC if you also know what certain support champs and the role in general are capable of.