The Gragas Followup Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kira Onime

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDodger View Post
Well then consider gragas a chaser then. Q slows enemies, E lets you stun and knock them up and use it again when hitting something. Q and E and R each have good burst. As champions go...he's all in.

His kit is around being all in on a big group fight. then split up the weak from the strong with his ultimate. The whole thing with channeling his W is too telegraphed as stated, so it has to go. You can just make it an animation, not a channel.

Riot went too far with trying to make it look nice and mechanically fit... that's their problem.

Then I'd rather take a champion like Akali. 3 dashes when ult stacked up with posiblity or reseting them on kill or assists and said dashes are point and click and offer far more chassing power than Gragas.

Can't forget Kha. Jump reset offering the possibility of going in, killing and getting out seems better once again.

I don't know. I just don't see the worth of new Gragas over the old one and quite frankly, I just don't see any reasons that justified a rework. Feels like a number change could of done the trick.

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2014

my feedback? AP glass cannon gragas is still hands down the best way to play him. so all you guys ended up doing was change a couple core functions of gragas AND nerfing him damage wise.

from that standpoint this change was a complete and utter failure, because once people actually realize that APGC gragas is still the best way to play him these gragas toppers/junglers will dissapear.

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira Onime View Post
Then I'd rather take a champion like Akali. 3 dashes when ult stacked up with posiblity or reseting them on kill or assists and said dashes are point and click and offer far more chassing power than Gragas.

Can't forget Kha. Jump reset offering the possibility of going in, killing and getting out seems better once again.

I don't know. I just don't see the worth of new Gragas over the old one and quite frankly, I just don't see any reasons that justified a rework. Feels like a number change could of done the trick.
yup, if they wanted gragas to go back to drunken brawler, all they had to do is drop E's cooldown back to sub 10 seconds, increase the base damage on E and then completely nuke the AP rations on q and r, thats literally all they had to do.

Calderweiss

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Gragas will not auto acquire a target after E if he has W buff active.
I LOVE YOU
seriously

Furi Kuri II

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Gragas support seems pretty legit. I expect to see a good deal of it in our future.
When will you and Scrazard get fired?

RickDodger

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furi Kuri II View Post
When will you and Scrazard get fired?
No matter what we say or do we're not going to get anywhere. They won't listen.

Xohs

04-03-2014

Faced against a Sunfire/Golem Gragas. Teams were unbalanced but seems he could afford to get in the thick of things and still do large amounts of damage.

Minishmaster

04-03-2014

I've played Gragas for four years. Every time you touched Gragas, you made him worse.

Did you know that Gragas was designed with interaction between his E and his passive? At 40% CDR - Gragas was intended to rush CDR items, Gragas' E would have a 4.2 second CD, and his passive would have nearly 100% uptime on E spam alone.

Did you know that the first time Gragas was nerfed due to being too strong, in patch .103, the change increased the cooldown on his E and decreased the cooldown on his Q, while moving the AS slow from his ult to his Q? Did you know that ever since, his Q has repeatedly been considered an overbearingly strong skill, to the point where it has caused an alternate AP build to eventually overtake his main tank build? Did you know that despite this, Gragas Q remains, to this date, the least nerfed and least changed skill on his kit?

Did you know that Gragas' E originally scaled off AD alone, and that AP scaling on his E never properly functioned, from the moment it was added? Did you know that the base damage and the AD scaling on Gragas' E were both decreased when his E hit multiple targets, but the AP scaling dealt its full damage to every target hit? Did you know that Gragas was intended to isolate targets with his ultimate in order to use the heavy base damage and AD scaling on his E, and you removed all of that, in order to nerf the damage of his E when AP Gragas hit multiple targets, despite the fact you could have just fixed the bug with the AP scaling?

Did you know that Gragas had play, counterplay, and a purpose? Did you know that you got rid of it all in order to try to keep that disgusting, broken cheese build of AP gragas?

You ripped pieces out of Gragas ever since November of 2010. You ignored the broken changes you gave to him until the wound began to fester, and then cared. You amputated. And then you left him alone again. You didn't even take care of that wound either, and it festered too, so you took even more off. Well, at least you've replaced what was 'changed over time, as the game progressed'.

You haven't just ruined my favorite champion. You've ruined my favorite character that I've ever played as in any RPG. I can barely play this game anymore, because of the loss that I feel when I remember what Gragas used to be, what you so kindly gave me and then so brutally took away.

Well, now I get to play Sejuani, at least. And I get to play her twice, except the second one looks oddly like a fat drunk man.

RickDodger

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xohs View Post
Faced against a Sunfire/Golem Gragas. Teams were unbalanced but seems he could afford to get in the thick of things and still do large amounts of damage.
His Q earlier was suppose to disorient melee attackers. It was to outburst and out DPS the enemy in a brawl fight. the E was just to make sure that point came across when going against more than one person. his previous W was suppose to mitigate damage from burst and DPS enemies and his innate was to let him get higher regeneration than the opponents. If a fight went too long, his ult would do the rest and spread out the weak from the strong.

This build of champion WORKED. But now they took out the utility that made him an extended fight brawler and made him more of an angry drunk chasing enemies and reeling them back.

OneManArmyCore

04-03-2014

Gragas basically went from a threat to just another average champion...

imo this is more than a nerf it's a total destruction lol, you pwned him.