The Gragas Followup Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RickDodger

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reepca View Post
Triforce gragas is going to start wrecking people. Once he gets a sheen and maxes W, laning becomes a bit... difficult, I would expect. a 350 damage auto attack plus 12 % of your max health, combod with a stunning gapcloser (renekton needs two seperate abilities for that...). At level 9 with a giant's belt, a standard enemy top like renekton has ~1600 health. 12% of that is 192, meaning that single auto attack with sheen does ~ 550 damage before resistances. Which is 34% of said Renekton's health. And you need... what, 6 seconds to wait before doing it again? It definitely seems strong.

Kinda wish I had any experience with him, though, haven't seem him played since the changes.
Ahem...

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Gragas

in the W section, it says TARGETS MAX HEALTH. not YOUR MAX HEALTH.

Kira Onime

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDodger View Post
Well now he's at a stage where it's up to the players to pick a proper place themselves. Riot has failed to make a retooling that can properly designate his place.

So basically Riot reworked Gragas and threw him to the players telling us to figure out what to do with him?

I'll consider his rework a failure for now.

Xohs

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira Onime View Post
So basically Riot reworked Gragas and threw him to the players telling us to figure out what to do with him?

That's an opinion, Solcrushed hasn't really responded to any questions about what Gragas should do now.

RickDodger

04-03-2014

Quote:

Not exactly. It's a message to us that we have the ability to decide for ourselves rather than let riot tell us what to do and what is or isn't meta.

Kira Onime

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDodger View Post
Not exactly. It's a message to us that we have the ability to decide for ourselves rather than let riot tell us what to do and what is or isn't meta.

Correct me if I'm wrong but champions that tend to do a bit of everything but is master of nothing in particular, simply get ouclassed by champions excelling in their role.

1CalledMIA

04-03-2014

Heres my thoughts on the new Gragas: Can I have my 3150 IP back?

I played him on the PBE shortly before the patch. I don't like him. The charge time on q is frankly, idiotic. I know there was talk about wanting to combo R into his Q but with how the displacement on r works that will only work 1 out of every 50 attempts. So, now you'll have to try to place a Q behind the enemy and hope you can land an E to keep them there a bit longer which is harder then it sounds due to range.

W is just no. Not worth using in its current state. Others have went in depth on this.

E needs a hitbox tweak, but other then that its good.

RickDodger

04-03-2014

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but champions that tend to do a bit of everything but is master of nothing in particular, simply get ouclassed by champions excelling in their role.
Well then consider gragas a chaser then. Q slows enemies, E lets you stun and knock them up and use it again when hitting something. Q and E and R each have good burst. As champions go...he's all in.

His kit is around being all in on a big group fight. then split up the weak from the strong with his ultimate. The whole thing with channeling his W is too telegraphed as stated, so it has to go. You can just make it an animation, not a channel.

Riot went too far with trying to make it look nice and mechanically fit... that's their problem.

RickDodger

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CalledMIA View Post
Heres my thoughts on the new Gragas: Can I have my 3150 IP back?

I played him on the PBE shortly before the patch. I don't like him. The charge time on q is frankly, idiotic. I know there was talk about wanting to combo R into his Q but with how the displacement on r works that will only work 1 out of every 50 attempts. So, now you'll have to try to place a Q behind the enemy and hope you can land an E to keep them there a bit longer which is harder then it sounds due to range.

W is just no. Not worth using in its current state. Others have went in depth on this.

E needs a hitbox tweak, but other then that its good.
I agree on the E. so far I haven't been able to hit more than just one target out of a few times. Either it's a glitch or it's a bad mechanic.

Though I am happy you heard about my big bulging in depth description of the bad W mechanics.

Bastilean

04-03-2014

I was looking at Gragas, and maybe this is too radical an idea, but he is fat right? Ok, don't go too far with that.

Gragas is supposed to have a change in game play towards tough tanky brawler, right?

What if Gragas's W didn't do damage based on his target's max HP. What if Gragas's W did damage based on his own max HP? Would that be too good? Would people enjoy that?

Gragas is not a David in David vs. Goliath. Gragas is Goliath in that scenario right?

Durzaka

04-03-2014

I havent gotten a chance to play him since the changes, but im curious:

How is everyone building him now? Has anything really changed?