The Gragas Followup Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xohs

04-03-2014

Has anyone discovered any innovative builds as of yet? I saw a guy build an iceborn gauntlet earlier, not sure if I necessarily agree with it, but hey, I'd love to see if anyone found a build that makes him better late-game.

RickDodger

04-03-2014

cooldown reduction, rank 5 drunken rage, lich bane, hit an enemy every 3.6 seconds proc.

Slovakattack

04-03-2014

I haven't had a chance to play him yet, so I suppose I shouldn't comment on the rework, but from what I've seen you guys have given him a really interesting and fun play pattern. He's like a new champion now!

I was never a huge graggy fan, although I loved his ult. This may convince me to pick the guy up :3

Kira Onime

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDodger View Post
-snip-

So my question would be, is he some sort of AP bruiser with some poke nd utility?
Is he a mage caster type but with some melee interaction?

Some red he saw him as a support.

Just what is he?

theZerbs

04-03-2014

I like how he becomes an unstoppable chasing machine with the stun on his E, the MS slow on his Q and his ult. Along with his W I see what Riot has going for him. Although he has very little solo kill potential. That is unless you chase the enemy forever in which case the other laners or jungler provide back up. Drop the cast time on his W, increase the window of damage reduction and bonus damage to 5 seconds and for God's sake please up his base MS!

Bump because I won't let this die

RickDodger

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira Onime View Post
So my question would be, is he some sort of AP bruiser with some poke nd utility?
Is he a mage caster type but with some melee interaction?

Some red he saw him as a support.

Just what is he?

Well now he's at a stage where it's up to the players to pick a proper place themselves. Riot has failed to make a retooling that can properly designate his place.

Xohs

04-03-2014

I'm wondering if DFG will become a regular pick-up again. Worth considering.

Reepca

04-03-2014

Triforce gragas is going to start wrecking people. Once he gets a sheen and maxes W, laning becomes a bit... difficult, I would expect. a 350 damage auto attack plus 12 % of your max health, combod with a stunning gapcloser (renekton needs two seperate abilities for that...). At level 9 with a giant's belt, a standard enemy top like renekton has ~1600 health. 12% of that is 192, meaning that single auto attack with sheen does ~ 550 damage before resistances. Which is 34% of said Renekton's health. And you need... what, 6 seconds to wait before doing it again? It definitely seems strong.

Kinda wish I had any experience with him, though, haven't seem him played since the changes.

Oliviaapple

04-03-2014

1. Q is bad desing. Nobody is going to stand in range to make it explode to full damage. Atleast, It should have a lesser cooldown

2. W is confusing. I simply dont like it. It should give the damage reduction for more seconds and the channeling should be almost instant.

3. E The cooldown shoud be lower

GnomeDigest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reepca View Post
Triforce gragas is going to start wrecking people. Once he gets a sheen and maxes W, laning becomes a bit... difficult, I would expect. a 350 damage auto attack plus 12 % of your max health, combod with a stunning gapcloser (renekton needs two seperate abilities for that...). At level 9 with a giant's belt, a standard enemy top like renekton has ~1600 health. 12% of that is 192, meaning that single auto attack with sheen does ~ 550 damage before resistances. Which is 34% of said Renekton's health. And you need... what, 6 seconds to wait before doing it again? It definitely seems strong.

Kinda wish I had any experience with him, though, haven't seem him played since the changes.
It looks great on paper but see how successful you are at actually landing those empowered auto attacks within the teeny tiny window of opportunity. Whats written on paper cannot truly convey how clunky his W is to use.