The Gragas Followup Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GnomeDigest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodin View Post
However, I spent hundreds of hours mastering that character. To add insult to injury, I spent money on skins for him. Now I have skins for a champ that I will never play again outside of an ARAM and because of the incredibly bad "three strike" refund policy I'm stuck with them.
I feel your pain but at least you are not stuck with the champion and skins if you want to refund them. You can refund any champ/skins from a champion that was reworked by sending in a support ticket and this is separate to the three refund tokens.

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...ent-Refund-FAQ

One of the things that annoys me is Riot always talks about how much time and testing they go in the re-design process but Gragas seems completely rushed out the door half-assed with obvious bugs that you spot easily within a few minutes and abilities that are so awkward to use that it feels like no one play tested the new Gragas at all. When Riot is radically changing a champion the least Riot could do is put out a relatively polished result, even if the values will then need to be tweaked or whatever.

BilI Gates

04-07-2014

I totally agree this was just a half assed work that was put together i feel the same way about rengar that i put in the same level as poppy cuz he sucks that bad.

Gragas went to being a top tier mid laner to a brawler BS that you guys are making every champion now.

First kassadin got made into a brawler BS

now Gragas made into a * DRUNKER BRAWLER *

Can we stop this bullshet? And make him viable like he used to i have played him for so long now and im not going to allow you guys to nerf the **** out of him because you guys litterly destroyed him. I dont know what you guys are aiming with this brawler BS but stop it cuz no one likes it.

Whats next Riot? Leblanc nerfs? oh i got an idea lets turn her into a brawler too because thats the only good idea you can grab out of your sass

and you can tell when someone changes a champion and they just throw some garbage out there so he isn't good anymore then make these threats to see what the community wants.

DefNotBronz

04-07-2014

Honestly I used to hate the old gragas and did not like his playstyle but the new gragas is amazing I think everything about the rework is perfect and he really fits my playstyle and I play him as an ap bruiser what you probably intended and I think he does great damage, and is an amazing tank I really like what you did and he is now my favorite champion and maybe my new main thanks for the rework I love it but what I think should be done, ok so change the channel time on his w to .5 seconds and reduce move speed by 10% only then give him 5 seconds to use his empowered auto attack and once you use the empowered auto that will enable the damage reduction and maybe increase the amount of time it lasts to ~5 seconds but I would be fine with 3 so with this change you can actually hit your w during leaning phase without giving to much time for enemy to just walk away and you not be able to use your w and now you won't have to predict to use damage reduction but it will go off whenever you want to fight.

PhoenixSlayer13

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIways Win View Post
I totally agree this was just a half assed work that was put together i feel the same way about rengar that i put in the same level as poppy cuz he sucks that bad.

Gragas went to being a top tier mid laner to a brawler BS that you guys are making every champion now.

First kassadin got made into a brawler BS

now Gragas made into a * DRUNKER BRAWLER *

Can we stop this bullshet? And make him viable like he used to i have played him for so long now and im not going to allow you guys to nerf the **** out of him because you guys litterly destroyed him. I dont know what you guys are aiming with this brawler BS but stop it cuz no one likes it.

Whats next Riot? Leblanc nerfs? oh i got an idea lets turn her into a brawler too because thats the only good idea you can grab out of your sass
Because LeBlanc makes perfect sense as a brawler, right? Her small, spindly frame overpowers even the most muscle-bound in hand-to-hand combat!

Long story short: Gragas is a gigantic, fat drunkard. He likes to get into bar fights. He likes to throw his weight around. He likes to... stay in the back of a fight and poke people?

See what doesn't fit with Gragas's character?

kodin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeDigest View Post
I feel your pain but at least you are not stuck with the champion and skins if you want to refund them. You can refund any champ/skins from a champion that was reworked by sending in a support ticket and this is separate to the three refund tokens.

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...ent-Refund-FAQ

One of the things that annoys me is Riot always talks about how much time and testing they go in the re-design process but Gragas seems completely rushed out the door half-assed with obvious bugs that you spot easily within a few minutes and abilities that are so awkward to use that it feels like no one play tested the new Gragas at all. When Riot is radically changing a champion the least Riot could do is put out a relatively polished result, even if the values will then need to be tweaked or whatever.
Thanks GD, I'm going to put a ticket in and ask for my RP back.

BilI Gates

04-07-2014

There is a famous saying

"You reap what you sow"

You made shet changes to gragas now expect to get shet feedback.

You want to change gragas into a brawler but that makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENCE. As someone else stated he has a Q poke as a his main source of damage but youre saying he likes be in the middle of the fight and that just stupid No one goes in the middle lands his Q witch absolutely did 0 damage he cant E anymore becuase thats what he used to go in. Tanks damage for about 3.2 seconds and dies. Useless he isnt like renekton where he is mobile has a good ult to stay alive and then get out with his E. Gragas has no damage if he goes tanky becuase i bet you anything that you didnt even test him out before you gave out these **** nerfs. Everything thats good gets nerfed just go talk to my buddies Ahri,Zed,Kassadin,and soon to be leblanc.

I dont get your very stupid logic MAKING A SUPPORT CHAMPION DOMINATING A MID LANE VS ASSASINS. Dont you think theres something wrong there? But no lets just make **** tier Mage champions and put them as supports an have supports take mid lane because that makes so much sense right?

thulfir

04-08-2014

Here's some of my feedback off a couple of games with the new Gragas:

The spell interaction with W and E feels wonky frankly. It's the same problem that Riven used to have with her Broken Wings back when the 3rd proc was a slight knockback in that it made it difficult to autoattack during the window when your opponent is cc'ed. Especially with how short the window is to apply the bonus hit and it doesn't feel intuitive for a rush-in beatdown.

Gragas's barrel roll "cooking time" feels like alright even though no one will just sit in range of it to take the full damage. His E also has a really long cooldown early ranks which feels off with the whole shift to short range brawler.

Some changes I would like to suggest:

Move the slow back to his E and reduce the cooldown on it in early ranks. Increase the cooldown on his Q a little bit and make it a stun/knockup depending upon low long the barrel has been fermenting. Decrease the channel time on W a bit.

Vagrant voice

04-08-2014

as a Ex-Gragas main i hate the changes and no longer care what riot tries to do to make him better, you've ruined a balanced champion because he didn't fit your original design idea.

HighOnPolPot

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixSlayer13 View Post
Because LeBlanc makes perfect sense as a brawler, right? Her small, spindly frame overpowers even the most muscle-bound in hand-to-hand combat!

Long story short: Gragas is a gigantic, fat drunkard. He likes to get into bar fights. He likes to throw his weight around. He likes to... stay in the back of a fight and poke people?

See what doesn't fit with Gragas's character?
Character should not be put before gameplay. You could have the most flavorful character in the world and it doesn't matter if the kit is an unfun pile.

trumpsta

Senior Recruiter

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant voice View Post
as a Ex-Gragas main i hate the changes and no longer care what riot tries to do to make him better, you've ruined a balanced champion because he didn't fit your original design idea.
IMO his ratios were too high, 5 seconds CD on a 0.9AP AoE nuke? and an AoE disengage tool 100% ap ratio? he was used simply as a nuker and not a tanky initiator/disengager, granted it was fun but 1 small QoL change to his Q made him much stronger, I like the new reworked Gragas, he feels not that good in the jungle, but he can still burst, he just has reasonable ratios now.