The Gragas Followup Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RickDodger

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicguppy View Post
Before, when he was played as an AP burst caster, I don't think the attack speed slow ever really came into play. He would do one of 2 things:

1) burst you dead with Q+R+ignite
2) poke you from outside of auto range

neither of these situations really had the victim autoing him after eating a Q. Now, he needs to be in melee to do reliable damage which gives him an opportunity to abuse an attack speed slow much more.
Thus the frozen heart. It provides ... well 15% attack speed slow now but ... Blegh.

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
I feel that the identity was set out already - a brawler that is supposed to mix it up in close range and not just from afar.

If his current tuning does not allows him to do this then we will fix it. Simple as that.
I feel that this is a blatantly false statement, there's nothing about his identity that precluded him from being a long range nuker by throwing barrels, that's actually pretty badass but even assuming it is true his new kit doesn't even facilitate that.

Coldmanj

04-04-2014

I think this rework was a pretty big success in terms of defining his true roll as a drunken brawler. I actually played gragas like a brawler before the rework and did quite well with it. I rather like the changes you have made except for W. Grags tankiness was kind of a big part of his identity and it doesnt really feel like that was transferred over with this kit. Interrupting grag as he drank in a fight would mean he would be vulnerable and more susceptible to damage. Now interrupting him stops him from getting a strong damage spell that puts him in harms way without the protection he relied on in the past. Sure you might get that reduction when you are drinking but after that you feel like a sitting duck. I just don't feel like it gives long enough protection for all the things you want to do. It is such a short window for action especially considering that a third of the buffs duration is eaten up by the stasis of drinking in the first place leaving you with only a 2 second window to act.

RickDodger

04-04-2014

bump

Samzies

04-04-2014

Thank you for removing his ability to suffocate the entire game just by being gragas. IDC how balanced he is now but he was absolutely the opposite of fun to fight before the rework.

I'm not even saying he was broken, he just removed the fun for everyone against the champion.

RickDodger

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzies View Post
Thank you for removing his ability to suffocate the entire game just by being gragas. IDC how balanced he is now but he was absolutely the opposite of fun to fight before the rework.

I'm not even saying he was broken, he just removed the fun for everyone against the champion.
Meaning his 20 seconds of 18% damage reduction?

Xohs

04-04-2014

pretty sure it's just a fat joke.

RickDodger

04-04-2014

bump

McNaulty

04-04-2014

If you are still monitoring this, I want to understand how his new fit is intended to work. More specifically, right now it seems like most of the elements of the kit do not work well together.

Q needing to "charge" for lack of a better word, doesn't work with R which only a player with 0 ping and absolute mastery of the champion could get both to hit on an enemy. It also doesn't work with E, which will likely knock an enemy out. His W is also confusing to this kit, because it is an all-in move, but because of Gragas's poor damage now, he can't all in.

The old Gragas was great at all-ins and great at waveclear. The new Gragas is good at what exactly? If you want him to be the brawler talked about in the patch notes he needs more defensive steroids, and they need to last. If not that, he needs more free damage, or more ability to outplay opponents (like the old R>E>Q).

Right now he has mediocre everything, I just want to know what he is SUPPOSED to be good at.

RickDodger

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNaulty View Post
If you are still monitoring this, I want to understand how his new fit is intended to work. More specifically, right now it seems like most of the elements of the kit do not work well together.

Q needing to "charge" for lack of a better word, doesn't work with R which only a player with 0 ping and absolute mastery of the champion could get both to hit on an enemy. It also doesn't work with E, which will likely knock an enemy out. His W is also confusing to this kit, because it is an all-in move, but because of Gragas's poor damage now, he can't all in.

The old Gragas was great at all-ins and great at waveclear. The new Gragas is good at what exactly? If you want him to be the brawler talked about in the patch notes he needs more defensive steroids, and they need to last. If not that, he needs more free damage, or more ability to outplay opponents (like the old R>E>Q).

Right now he has mediocre everything, I just want to know what he is SUPPOSED to be good at.
Maybe this is riots way of pissing us off and then seeing if our complaints can give them actual ideas on how to make gragas a brawler...