The Gragas Followup Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Durzaka

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDodger View Post
In any case, how often would either of those 3 options happen to begin with? At most, wall knocking enemies with the ult will most likely be the case of how to keep them in your barrel.

That was my point.

In order to get that AP ratio some ridiculous things need to happen. For all intents and purposes, his Q should be taken as it is, and not if you get a chance to charge it, because against competent players you wont be able to.

RickDodger

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzaka View Post
That was my point.

In order to get that AP ratio some ridiculous things need to happen. For all intents and purposes, his Q should be taken as it is, and not if you get a chance to charge it, because against competent players you wont be able to.
and how many times do you ever run into COMPETENT players in league?

Quintessence

04-04-2014

Why does the W need a long channel on it along with a short duration for the bonus damage...?

Durzaka

04-04-2014

Quote:
and how many times do you ever run into COMPETENT players in league?

You dont balance around assuming youre going to run into terrible players.

atomicguppy

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzaka View Post
That was my point.

Exactly, Q feels much more like a utility skill than something I want to throw out for damage. I might even like to see some damage taken off of it so power can be added in somewhere else. Maybe buff his move speed or bring down the cooldown on his E?

1CalledMIA

04-04-2014

turns out you, infact, CAN request a refund (for those who keep saying stop asking for a refund). So I have promptly put in a request (yes hes eligible) until such a time as Riot decides what he is.

As of now, hes too all over the place.

RickDodger

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicguppy View Post
Exactly, Q feels much more like a utility skill than something I want to throw out for damage. I might even like to see some damage taken off of it so power can be added in somewhere else. Maybe buff his move speed or bring down the cooldown on his E?
Here's an idea. Why not just take some power off of the bonus damage you get off it and throw in an attack speed slow on top of the movement slow you're using with his Q? then the charge up time can be how strong the two slow types can scale.

In which that can be able to be a range variation of lee sin's combination of tempest and cripple.

atomicguppy

04-04-2014

Quote:
Here's an idea. Why not just take some power off of the bonus damage you get off it and throw in an attack speed slow on top of the movement slow you're using with his Q? then the charge up time can be how strong the two slow types can scale.

In which that can be able to be a range variation of lee sin's combination of tempest and cripple.
That's not a terrible idea, but it might turn into a case where, if Gragas gets on top of you and you rely on auto's, you just die. Right now, if Gragas catches you he will burst hard with his W and then lock you down with his stun and slow. If this happens, you can at least turn and fight him, but if he has an attack speed slow, that plus his 18% dmg reduction mean that there is no way you can fight him. I'm not saying that it can't work, just that I could see it making Gragas very overbearing on auto based champs.

RickDodger

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicguppy View Post
That's not a terrible idea, but it might turn into a case where, if Gragas gets on top of you and you rely on auto's, you just die. Right now, if Gragas catches you he will burst hard with his W and then lock you down with his stun and slow. If this happens, you can at least turn and fight him, but if he has an attack speed slow, that plus his 18% dmg reduction mean that there is no way you can fight him. I'm not saying that it can't work, just that I could see it making Gragas very overbearing on auto based champs.
It originally made him a pick against poking and auto based champions.

atomicguppy

04-04-2014

Quote:
It originally made him a pick against poking and auto based champions.
Before, when he was played as an AP burst caster, I don't think the attack speed slow ever really came into play. He would do one of 2 things:

1) burst you dead with Q+R+ignite
2) poke you from outside of auto range

neither of these situations really had the victim autoing him after eating a Q. Now, he needs to be in melee to do reliable damage which gives him an opportunity to abuse an attack speed slow much more.