The Gragas Followup Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dagartru

Senior Member

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDodger View Post
Stop asking for a refund. You probably just used inspiration points anyway.
Didn't know you can buy skins with IP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

atomicguppy

Junior Member

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDodger View Post
If you wanna risk being squishie, you can take zhonya's hourglass with rabadons deathcap while using lich bane, abyssal scepter, and void staff while being a burster and CC spammer.
I'm not sure that his ratios are really high enough to justify building huge chunks of AP on him, especially when his W hits hard without any AP. Building new Gragas like old Gragas doesn't seem very effective at all. He is definitely stronger building bulky and sitting in a fight disrupting with his E and R.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RickDodger

Senior Member

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicguppy View Post
I'm not sure that his ratios are really high enough to justify building huge chunks of AP on him, especially when his W hits hard without any AP. Building new Gragas like old Gragas doesn't seem very effective at all. He is definitely stronger building bulky and sitting in a fight disrupting with his E and R.
To be honest they kept his ratio on Q at 90% AP if you charge it the full 4 seconds at a high risk- high reward method. They just threw in an on hit effect you can add to the burst ratio. throw a Q, beat em up, E knock em back, drink, they try to get away you ult em then keg AA them and then let Q go off or prematurely burst it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1371d96745694779c6cca

Senior Member

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
I feel that the identity was set out already - a brawler that is supposed to mix it up in close range and not just from afar.

If his current tuning does not allows him to do this then we will fix it. Simple as that.
Can you call the EUW police please? The servers are totally laggin out


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arizel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-04-2014

@Solcrushed

I always disliked playing Gragas AP. It just didn't appeal to me when I looked at his kit. Ever since Seasoen 2, Whenever I played Gragas I almost always played him as an AD Bruiser or a full on Tank relying on his W and E to trade, chase, counter attack, well... be a freaking drunk brawler. I pretty much ignored Q and only used his ultimate offensively or defensively for repositional purposes.

When I heard that Gragas was being reworked to fit more thematically with the Tank/Bruiser Role, I was ecstatic. When Gragas got the AD ratio of E nerfed, I was confused... When it was removed altogether in the rework and the AD gain was removed with W, I was simply CRUSHED. You have literally destroyed what Tank/AD bruiser Gragas meant to me in favor of more cc he didn't actually need at the additional cost of building him like a thematic bruiser to appease the AP Gragas players...

I personally feel like the current iteration of Gragas still has an identity crisis. Thematically, AP is more about the "supernatural"/Magic/Hextech related stuff. I honestly don't really see how making W and E Purely AP dependant is making him more of a Bruiser or a Tank When his previous skills already allowed him to play those roles admirably until falling off late game due to inferior damage output.

Other than my complaints/feedback and the bugs you have already listed you will fix in the original post, Please Be aware that sometimes W will make Gragas stop in his tracks and will cancel his next action to auto.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

atomicguppy

Junior Member

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDodger View Post
To be honest they kept his ratio on Q at 90% AP if you charge it the full 4 seconds at a high risk- high reward method. They just threw in an on hit effect you can add to the burst ratio. throw a Q, beat em up, E knock em back, drink, they try to get away you ult em then keg AA them and then let Q go off or prematurely burst it.
A fully charged Q hurts... a lot. I just find it too unreliable to land a full 4 second charged Q. In fact, I have been leveling it last in most of my games. I mainly use it for the slow.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Durzaka

Senior Member

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDodger View Post
To be honest they kept his ratio on Q at 90% AP if you charge it the full 4 seconds at a high risk- high reward method. They just threw in an on hit effect you can add to the burst ratio. throw a Q, beat em up, E knock em back, drink, they try to get away you ult em then keg AA them and then let Q go off or prematurely burst it.

If you hit someone with a Q that has been fully charged, one of 3 things happened:

1.) The enemy is an idiot with no concept on how the ability works
2.) You had help with CC from your team.
3.) You seriously outplayed the enemy hard, and are rewarded by the skill doing the amount of damage it used to do (which is still less due to the base damage near).

FYI, your ult will knock the enemy OUTSIDE of your Q range in nearly every situation, unless you ult them into a wall.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RickDodger

Senior Member

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicguppy View Post
A fully charged Q hurts... a lot. I just find it too unreliable to land a full 4 second charged Q. In fact, I have been leveling it last in most of my games. I mainly use it for the slow.
If you level it early you can make laning for your enemy opponent a *****.

same for your E. Enemy gets too close, dash into them, stun them, and smack em with a W


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RickDodger

Senior Member

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzaka View Post
If you hit someone with a Q that has been fully charged, one of 3 things happened:

1.) The enemy is an idiot with no concept on how the ability works
2.) You had help with CC from your team.
3.) You seriously outplayed the enemy hard, and are rewarded by the skill doing the amount of damage it used to do (which is still less due to the base damage near).

FYI, your ult will knock the enemy OUTSIDE of your Q range in nearly every situation, unless you ult them into a wall.
In any case, how often would either of those 3 options happen to begin with? At most, wall knocking enemies with the ult will most likely be the case of how to keep them in your barrel.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterDragonKing

Junior Member

04-04-2014

poor gragas. has no identity ='[ must've been his age. gragas is having a midlife crisis.