The Gragas Followup Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RickDodger

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandrike View Post
The Biggest problems i'm seeing with gragas. (Although ive only been playing him a couple of games.) Is that his drinking channel is very awkward when trying to use it in a battle, and his mana consumption.
Lvl 1 q and w costs 110 mana, that is about half of his entire mana pool. It is very hard to engage in a continued chase early because without the mana regain of his old W he OOMs very fast. The best way to not OOM is just to use barrels to clear the wave from afar, but that limits his interactions in lane and creates a boring laning phase.
I hope the extra duration on his attack buff will help the awkwardness of his drunken rage but i feel like gragas needs something to help him with his mana since he now needs to build tanky items early or risk falling behind other top laners.
W cost no mana still. level 1 Q is 60 mana.

Also, best tanky items for him are Rod of ages and Liandry's torment. his Q can poke for days and his Q and E and R proc liandry's torment for 4% HP dmg per tick of magic damage since they'll be slowed and knocked and stunned ...

Slovakattack

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFS All is OP View Post
LOLOLOLOL

I'd think this was a parody account at this point.

This is the guy who handled skarner and rengar reworks, folks.
I sure as hell wouldn't mind a tanky, damage dealing support with in lane poke, stun -and- possible teamwide displacement on my team.

I could easily see it.

GnomeDigest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadocks View Post
Who doesn't like free elo?
Gragas had low win rates in normal and ranked solo que and in pro play. Apparently people who chose Gragas over easier champions with high win rates didnt care about free elo.

BastionKross

04-04-2014

I think his W should be looked at since it's bonuses contradict themselves. You want it on a short CD because it's got a single AA steroid, but you also want the effect to last a reasonable time because of the damage reduction it gives you, and that would put it on a longer CD. As it is, I never use it when I think I need a defensive boost, because by the time the channel is done I've either taken the damage I was hoping to reduce or the effect didn't last long enough for me to get back into the fight while the buff was active.

A possible solution is to have the DR moved to E, since it's got a long enough CD that you can make the DR last a fair amount of time, and it would reward you for constantly brawling with both more bodyslams and having DR active more of the time.

Gorbache

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastionKross View Post
I think his W should be looked at since it's bonuses contradict themselves. You want it on a short CD because it's got a single AA steroid, but you also want the effect to last a reasonable time because of the damage reduction it gives you, and that would put it on a longer CD. As it is, I never use it when I think I need a defensive boost, because by the time the channel is done I've either taken the damage I was hoping to reduce or the effect didn't last long enough for me to get back into the fight while the buff was active.

A possible solution is to have the DR moved to E, since it's got a long enough CD that you can make the DR last a fair amount of time, and it would reward you for constantly brawling with both more bodyslams and having DR active more of the time.
That's a good idea!

Question aside, I tested Gragas in URF last night and it seems that I was getting the bonus for his W even if I was moving, this is normal right? The reason why I'm questionning this is because I had some weird animation stutter when I used his W and moved so I was wondering if it was URF only or if it's normal.

Edit: Found it in the patch notes (must have missed it yesterday): Gragas can now move at 80% movement speed while drinking

Judge Arcadia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

Something something, gragas.

Imma just sneak this in here.
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...8#post46019978

Something something more gragas...

theZerbs

04-04-2014

bump for more Solcrushed responses.

klorinator

Adjudicator

04-04-2014

I think it's really the itemization changes that pushed Gragas to where he ended up. Once upon a time I used to build him as a tanky top laner. Sunfire, Force of Nature and innervating locket made him into an uncatchable unkillable dashing fat man. I'm sure I'll never see the unkillable part again but I'm interested to see what I can do with his new kit... I totally forgot about his rework last night.

bunies

04-04-2014

i will be honest who the ****ing **** **** had the idea to buff the fat man like this ?

GnomeDigest

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Anivia View Post
As we all know, Gragas has been changed very much with patch 4.5. In fact, he has been changed so much, I do not like what role he is supposed to fill now, or the mechanics of him anymore.

I bought Gragas, and 4 of his skins and have played him for the last two years because of the playstyle the champion used to have before. He does not have that playstyle before, and I do not like him as a champion.

Therefore, I would like a refund on all of the skins I bought for him, because if he was originally what he is now, I would never have bought them.

Thank you.
Quote:
Hey everyone,

I'd like to shed some light and clarify the above statement as it is not entirely correct:

If a champion or skin had a graphical or kit (play style) rework after your purchase, you do indeed have the option to refund them without spending any refund tokens. However, this refund is for FULL reworks only. Buffed and nerfed champions do not count as full reworks and, as a result, are not eligible for a refund. Also, in order to be eligible for this refund, you must request a refund on a visual/design rework within 90 days after the rework. We will not be able to give you a refund beyond the initial 90 days.

For more info, you can check out our content refund guidelines are available on the player support website at the following location: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...ent-Refund-FAQ

Hope this helps
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.co...6#post15415866