Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainWinget

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Karto View Post
Scruffy please hear me

It is better for rengar's ult to be a global warning than a single target guaranteed warning of being stalked because the warning being global will leave the enemy team guessing who is being stalked rather than the victim itself knowing exactly that he/she is being stalked.

Please hear this as it is more punishing for rengar to warn people he is stalking rather than leaving the enemy GUESSING who he is stalking.

Don't be concerned that enemy team will just back up to the towers because you would have to treat it like a nocturne ult as in getting in position BEFORE ulting.
The time it takes for him to get there however is not instant like Nocturne. Anyways Scruffy said the exclamation point wont show if you activate ultimate when out of sight of the enemy so I guess we will just have to wait and see if this follows through.

DontMakeMeRengar

04-05-2014

Although i agree assassin Rengar has taken a toll i believe i have found a build that has been allowing me to delete carries people even with this rework.(Each arrow is a separate purchase throughout the game.) -Dorans Blade, Pot x2 -> Dorans Blade, Vamperic Septor -> Phage, Sheen -> Triforce -> Ravenous Hydra -> Either Last Whisper or Yomuoos Ghost blade (preference) -> Defensive items, Maw of malmortis if primarily ap enemies, Sunfire/Thornmail is primarily ad enemies -> Bloodthirster if you need more damage, Black cleaver is you need more armor pen, Guardian angel if you are being deleted faster than you can delete. Please test this build as it is the only 1 out of around 7-8 builds i have tried to make Rengar a viable assassin again.

AkuenOCe

04-05-2014

I found a build that let's me delete carries and tanks. DFG > Lichbane > Sorc Boots > Zhonya's > Void Staff > Deathcap.

Glad they added the AP scaling back onto his W

For real doe, AD Assassin Rengar is trash now.

EDIT: Ninfang, a Rengar main - "Yeah, I'm probably just going to play Trundle now".

Th3 Hunter

04-05-2014

Yeah, but Nasus can still 3-shot towers and trundle can still bite and use 80% attack speed from his ice thing, thats very very fair.

Meanwhile, LB stlil 1-shotting people with the ability to escape x2.

very fair

BattleCruiser55

04-05-2014

I actually complained about this rework initially, but gave him a new chance in the jungle, and it actually felt really good, except for the bugs Scruffy talked about. Sorry for doubting you.

KtoxXD

04-05-2014

Scruffy, playing Rengar on URF I've found that his empowered Q buff does not stack (like Q->empQ used to with the AS) if you manage to reach 5 ferocity before the previous buff runs out- it just refreshes the duration.
Is this intentional? If so, could you say so in the Patch Notes or his tooltip?
Also, if possible, please add a "Doesn't work on structures" line for his Q; unless you've read the Patch Notes, the only way to figure that out is testing it out.
------------
Leaving that aside, I thank you for all your (and all the staff involved) hard work with this, for taking the time to read our comments, and for committing to fix whatever possible.
As others, I'm not entirely in favor of this rework- or rather, "role/style change", as I see it.
In his current state, I see Rengar picking from 3 playstyles- top lane bruiser, meta jungler, and assassin:

Top Lane Bruiser
Except for the splitpushing, his kit seems to go on-par with the way he was played by pros in the few times he got picked in LCS and other tournaments: max-W fighter tanky Rengo. Even more so now that his ult can be cast "instantly" for quick ferocity stacks.
Nevertheless, I think it still isn't enough to match the top lane top tiers, especially since his E can no longer be used as a safe poke tool.

Meta Jungler
Going for 1-2 offensive items and then building straight tanky might be the way to go now. Your W gives lots of Ar/MR when used near champs, and the way his ult works gives him much more utility than before with his E and Bonetooth.
Only complain is the ult warning, which should be removed (or reduced to Eve's or his jump range) if he wants to have a chance of not getting embarassingly exposed in mid-late game fights with a single pink ward in the middle of the enemy team.

Assassin
This used to be the essence of Rengar for many people, especially those who got him since release. Instashotting people was a must for this path; if you couldn't do that, you were probably dead (or extremely fed to keep fighting for a while).
While problematic in a balancing way, this high risk / high reward playstyle punished misplacement big time, particularly effective in lower tiers.
Now, his "instant" (or "charged") damage output has been severily reduced, and must now chase his target while waiting for his ult ferocity to charge. With no escapes, and built full damage, you're pretty much dead meat.
I don't really know if there's a way to bring some of his instant damage back by touching some of his current numbers, but it won't be the same.

Bottomline, I think that that old strong and versatile kit Rengar used to have (which lasted for almost 2 seasons without major changes) was replaced for a narrower, meta-oriented one, which ultimately forces you to take much more risk in order to perform what used to be his core role.
I'm happy for all the utility he has gained, but I'll miss the old snowbally Necklace and his one-shotting.
Thanks for reading!

eatsgokuforlunch

04-05-2014

If only you give him some attack speed on his normal q(or increased damage) + bug fixes I will be happy .

Aserus Nai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

I would love to give my feed back about rengar... IF I COULD PLAY THE ****ING GAME my client is ruined and 0 help from riot.

I posted my problem in this thread: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4418629

Alistrix

Senior Recruiter

04-05-2014

Just wanna say i liked the changes Scruffy...

KILLRyaan

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3 Hunter View Post
Yeah, but Nasus can still 3-shot towers and trundle can still bite and use 80% attack speed from his ice thing, thats very very fair.

Meanwhile, LB stlil 1-shotting people with the ability to escape x2.

very fair
bump