Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorPain9

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotscruffy View Post
things like damage numbers are never set in stone. We will make adjustments to his damage if we overdid the changes. Real data will give us lots of information about how the changes turned out: Is his early game too weak? Is his late game too strong? Etc.. Depending on what we find, adjustments will be made. It's unfortunate that we cant play millions of test games with any changes before they release, but the least we can do is respond to the real data once the changes are live.

Less than a 1 % pick rate on skarner and AND NOT A SINGLE RED FUCK WAS GIVEN!

D3NiZ3N

04-05-2014

Hey Scruffy, I don't think that Rengar's Savagery animation should activate when attacking a structure since it doesn't affect structures. I had made a post about this last night, but I don't know if you saw it.

shadowsaotome

04-05-2014

This thread features some of the most ungrateful people I've ever seen. Scruffy makes multiple posts about changes to Rengar that largely cater to the suggestions in this thread, and yet the hate and rage continue. Would it kill you people to give a simple thank you? For the rare appreciation post, there are two or three either raging or trying to point out other things and completely ignoring the fact that Rengar is getting the changes you asked for. Show some appreciation for the work that's being done here.

DNAgent

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsaotome View Post
This thread features some of the most ungrateful people I've ever seen. Scruffy makes multiple posts about changes to Rengar that largely cater to the suggestions in this thread, and yet the hate and rage continue. Would it kill you people to give a simple thank you? For the rare appreciation post, there are two or three either raging or trying to point out other things and completely ignoring the fact that Rengar is getting the changes you asked for. Show some appreciation for the work that's being done here.
You can't polish a turd. Well, I guess you can but at the end of the day it's still ****.

The incomplete rework should be reverted.

CaptainWinget

04-05-2014

Quote:
Scruffy changed a champion that the majority were asking to leave alone entirely. Removed key aspects about what made Rengar... well Rengar with no direction in what we can be good at now. No more level 2 first blood against somebody competent, no more instant delete, and no more tower pushing. What we received in return were tools to make us chase its just I don't know about everybody else but I hate the loss of poke potential with the new bola and even the W is a nerf to assassin Rengar because in a duel it hits a single target. Worst of all Q is unable to flow well and do a similar amount of damage... even late game where it is supposed to scale I still think the old Q does more damage. Now I do not condone people raging, but I understand why people are angry right now, I am still playing Rengar, but I feel like I am playing a crippled champion. I feel at a disadvantage now by picking him but I choose him because I want to. If I get really fed I can not carry and a character built like an assassin that can not carry when fed needs to be looked at again.

Psycocide

04-05-2014

100 pages and hardly nothing said about rengar
so i am gonna speak on it
i think rengar is like this his. Q is what he does. his W is what defines him .his E is what makes his job easier. and his ult adds flavor.

1 .his q is buggy coming out of the bush also the autoattack cancel animation needs to be faster or have his empowered version have longer range only the empowered version though just cause canceling it is easy even the best of the best do it .

2 his q that roar so much to say on it. the resist is cool but lets face it doesnt make him less squishi over all u lowered his stats so much that he isnt a fighter like u wanted him to be nore is he an assasin from this skill alone and this skill is the reason for all of his changes trying to balance what he his role is. Now my changes i would rather this move give him increased regen or lifesteal% to his autoattacks not a big number but like .75 % and at max level 2% for like 2 seconds and the empowered version his healing % goes up based on how many champs or large monsters hit by it. this would help him choose his role based on his target.

3 now for the E this skill was at level 3 and 3 stacks of fury a kill no matter what lane rengar was in or if he was in the jungle and everbody knows it needed a change it was OP and it made his job to easy. OK now i like the new skill shot but the animation is faster than the travel speed. it might be me but it doesnt feel like 1000 range or it seems to drop off at 950 or so could just be me though. the slow is good and the empowered version is meh.

4 his ult now. i like nothing really bad to say on it even like the fact that u can see him but wish they lowered the range to 600ish.

and thats just my 2 cents in the coin jar of League of Legends on rengar.

GDF Taylor Swift

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Things like damage numbers are never set in stone. We will make adjustments to his damage if we overdid the changes. Real data will give us lots of information about how the changes turned out: Is his early game too weak? Is his late game too strong? etc.. Depending on what we find, adjustments will be made. It's unfortunate that we cant play millions of test games with any changes before they release, but the least we can do is respond to the real data once the changes are live.
I've been playing a lot of Rengar from before the rework and after the rework, most of the changes are actually not that bad. Bola being a skill shot isn't to bad and its fast and wide which is great. His roar is still as good I've had no problems with this. His q is less than ideal right now which is what gives him a really weak early game. The attack speed missing from un-empowered q hurt as well as the lack of damage and slow Q speed in general makes for really uncomfortable lane phase. it's really hard to trade with the enemy laner with such a weak skill as it is now and double q seems to have a delay and just doesnt have the damage it used to. I think this is probably due to the skill scaling off champion level. His ultimate is alright but the biggest problem is trying to double Q after you land when the speed is just so slow for both Qs. The 1000 range is about the range of the leap so I'm alright with this as it is and have no problems with this change. All in all I feel as if the numbers could be tweaked a bit and to fix his Q a bit so its more appealing.

Rockman

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3NiZ3N View Post
Hey Scruffy, I don't think that Rengar's Savagery animation should activate when attacking a structure since it doesn't affect structures. I had made a post about this last night, but I don't know if you saw it.
That's actually consitent. Aatrox W and Jax W both play the animation but they don't apply.

thefifeman

04-05-2014

Quote:
If your parents took your favorite teddy bear to get patched up, but somehow they brought it back in pieces, you'd be pretty upset. Then they say, here let me sew it back together again, but told you you have to wait until next patch, and that the pieces got mixed in with other damaged pieces, so his identity will never be the same. Yeah, they're trying, doesn't mean they didn't kill your favorite teddy cat in the first place, and doesn't mean the work they're doing in any way makes up for the month of having a broken useless pile of fur. It may turn out for the best, but I still feel like some of the rage is justified. Us apologizing later is exactly the same as Scruffy waiting a month to fix his screw up.

Darth Karto

04-05-2014

Scruffy please hear me

It is better for rengar's ult to be a global warning than a single target guaranteed warning of being stalked because the warning being global will leave the enemy team guessing who is being stalked rather than the victim itself knowing exactly that he/she is being stalked.

Please hear this as it is more punishing for rengar to warn people he is stalking rather than leaving the enemy GUESSING who he is stalking.

Don't be concerned that enemy team will just back up to the towers because you would have to treat it like a nocturne ult as in getting in position BEFORE ulting.