Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hashinshin

04-05-2014

Also, another thing:

BotRK on Shyvana: OMG so much damage so many Qs!

BotRK on Jax: OMG so much damage so many ult procs!

BotRK: on Aatrox OMG so much damage so many Ws!

BotRK on Rengar: OMG where did my 3200 gold go?

Maybe if Rengar's Q got like 0.25 less cooldown for each auto or something? Right now I just don't see a point to building damage on him. Brutalizer + full tank spamming roots and tanking for your team is so much superior.

CaptainWinget

04-05-2014

Sorry if this comes across as raging but OMG I am 7/2/0 and jump a ADC farming alone he almost kills me so I have to flash. Varus was 0/2/0 he almost killed me what the heck is that. You don't me doing burst damage coming out of my ult? You want me to chase? Fine Scruffy give me a 5 second invulnerability to CC after I come out of my ult because that is just dumb. I can not make use of any movement speed if I am stuck standing in one place.

STARSCREAM777

04-05-2014

New lore should be about how Scruffy killed Rengar

RIP Rengar.

Sastifur

04-05-2014

ap rengar is the only rengar now, they're pushing him to be a mage assassin guise

Rockman

04-05-2014

I've only had 2 games as him, but I'll put my input.

Both games I jungled Rengar, and built Wriggles-> Trinity/Sunfire and did Visage or Banshees for MR. Aside from some funky moments where I miscalculated my damage, I usually knew how much I could do.

First game I maxed out Q first and then E, and it was ok but I had alot of trouble. Second game I maxed out E then W and it felt and went alot better.

The only consistent problem I felt like I hated was how clunky Q was. Otherwise I think Rengar is fine (though I bet the new W will get nerfed.)

DoctorInju

04-05-2014

Enhance his Q damage and scrap the current ult form. Make it a lower CD click that fills your Ferocity to five stacks. You could stick a passive on there to round him out: "Rengar gains 5%/10%/15% attack speed for each other skill that is currently on cooldown."

eatsgokuforlunch

04-05-2014

give attack speed on normal Q pls it hurts him a lot

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

04-05-2014
18 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm System View Post
Scruffy, there really isn't much I can say to you or complain about to you that hasn't already been addressed. However, I would like to reiterate the fact that you took a perfectly good assassin and nerfed his damage so much that it is almost completely unviable to build him as an assassin any longer.

I'm not exaggerating at all when I say this, but I legitimately feel as if you nerfed Rengar's damage by AT LEAST 40%. I have hundreds of games with Rengar, and I noticed this the first game I played after the rework. Afterwards, I went to watch NinFang's stream (and he is probably the best Rengar player on the planet). Know what he said about it? It was terrible, he was too weak to burst anyone, he excelled at nothing, and that he has never seen a rework this bad. And do you know what? Most of the playerbase that enjoyed playing Rengar agrees wholeheartedly with him. That should MEAN SOMETHING to you Scruffy.
[/B]
Things like damage numbers are never set in stone. We will make adjustments to his damage if we overdid the changes. Real data will give us lots of information about how the changes turned out: Is his early game too weak? Is his late game too strong? etc.. Depending on what we find, adjustments will be made. It's unfortunate that we cant play millions of test games with any changes before they release, but the least we can do is respond to the real data once the changes are live.

Stanleyyyyyy

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Things like damage numbers are never set in stone. We will make adjustments to his damage if we overdid the changes. Real data will give us lots of information about how the changes turned out: Is his early game too weak? Is his late game too strong? etc.. Depending on what we find, adjustments will be made. It's unfortunate that we cant play millions of test games with any changes before they release, but the least we can do is respond to the real data once the changes are live.
Thank you for acknowledging and be willing to change his damage!

AmericanCyclone

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
I already got my Rengar refund, thanks for ruining one the best champs you guys have made.