Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flurby

04-03-2014

Well first of all - Q bug when leaping. Fix this please.
Using double Q's feels really bad.
Not being able to hit structures just feels bad.
Delay between double cast from Ferocity ability and normal ability feels super clunky.
1000 range feels like way too much as a detection radius.

With the changes I feel as though he will be forced into tanky/bruiser builds. Assassin Rengar's burst is what drew me to the champion initially and building tanky for sustained battles doesn't cut the mustard for me. If I liked that kind of play style I would go spam Renekton and Trundle.

The explanation in the patch notes about being binary is something I fully agree with, but Rengar just doesn't feel good anymore.

I'll post more as I think of more.

LaceyLynn

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain9 View Post
FYI they have tried this approach before. Go look at the Skarner rework thread. Hundreds of pages of positive feedback all ignored. Why would it be any different this time?
Major i know :/ im just sitting here and just shaking my head in shame that the Reds are being so sarcastic and oblivious about it. here's what they intent to do. 1. Disregard the vast majority of players who want this rework gone.

2. Pretend everything is okay by giving us a small teeny tiny buff.

I'm just waiting for that. Rip Rengar August 21st 2012 - April 3rd 2014.

Riot Jag

Associate Technical Design

04-03-2014
3 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1446deaec4df9c0c6e94a View Post
IMO Right now Rengar isnt bad, he's actually pretty good. I'm playing him jungle on the brazilian servers - which I'm from - and there are a few things about his jumps and Q's that are bothering me.

I feel that his autoattacks aren't just as fluid as other champions. First of all, the animation on Q is slow. As another person already posted here, I keep cancelling it all times and this slows me a lot on my chases and even on my jungle clears. And his jumps are feeling clunky. If I, for example, wait inside a buff on lv 1 and try to jump on the buff to do an aa+aa reset with my Q, the reset doesnt goes off. Rengar simply stands doing nothing waiting a bit then consumes the Q.

His kit is good, but I'm having trouble playing him cuz he feels weird.
Since this version of Q doesn't give you AS it does feel a little slower at first, but we made some small changes to the spell to ensure it feels good. There may be an adjustment period but if it still feels clunky we'll keep an eye on it.

Mid Lane Swain

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Let's use this thread for constructive feedback.
You can't ask for constructive feedback when you've pissed this many people off with the job you've done.

I'm so mad that I can't type with decent English

Jakojo

04-03-2014

Well I'll go help the cat find his litter box, that is if you haven't already took a **** on that.

MajorPain9

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Jag View Post
There may be an adjustment period but if it still feels clunky we'll keep an eye on it.

Now where have I heard that before.....

OH WAIT: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...95524#45695524

Samflash3

04-03-2014

Ferocity feels painful to miss but lacks real reward for hitting. I'm talking about his Q and E. Lose 5 ferocity because enemy used their escape. Why can't Rengar get 1 ferocity for landing a ferocity spell on an enemy?

Ultimate feels straight up whack. Nothing that says a hunter. More like Twitch's Q that offers nothing after it is charged. I was wondering how the enemies were reacting to me trying to kill them but it turns out they know i'm there. Great, it provides counterplay. Now what is the reward for gong stealth? To initiate just to die?

W is solid. Q feels weird. We can't quickly wreck turrets and I get that. But now what can Rengar offer a fight? He isn't exactly a scary threat when he relies on autoattacking but can be peeled away from. Since his E hits the first enemy, what is his way of keeping the chase?

Also, trinket colours look ugly. Why not just leave the necklace in his inventory without having to buy but when he buys a trinket, it changes colour?

tl : dr - I miss Rongus

Hellioning

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Jag View Post
Since this version of Q doesn't give you AS it does feel a little slower at first, but we made some small changes to the spell to ensure it feels good. There may be an adjustment period but if it still feels clunky we'll keep an eye on it.
I understand that you don't want to respond to the 'omg, so bad, fire scruffy and revert the changes!' posts because those aren't helpful at all, but only responding to the few posts in the thread that compliments the work sends a message that I'm not sure you want to send.

Shruikan88

04-03-2014

1 give Q back its attackspeed he feels....................slow

2 pls make the q work on towers again. you single handedly killed splitPusher Rengar by doing this

2 PLS make the ult NOT ALERT PEOPLE WHEN YOU ARE NEAR! nothing says there's a huge cat about to jump on your face more THAN A SIGN saying there's a huge cat about jump on your face that's in the area (Facepalm)
(tell me what would u do as an adc seeing this, totally just walk around and hope he doesnt go for you. cause you know late game the adc isnt all that IMPORTANT. YOU KNOW)

btw Ryan Choi (one of the best rengars evar) said there is almost nothing he likes about him anymore

Rito pls

No name just me

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornan View Post
This thread is a prime example of why Riot wants to move to the reddit styled forums. Bandwagoners are busy spewing toxic **** and getting in the way of useful feedback.

(If you give people the Rengar notice. The pink ward trinket will counter him. At least save it as a punishment for being spotted while ulting.)
Bandwagoners =/= people that hate new rengar, and "toxic ****" is the "useful feedback"
if you hadn't noticed, the community backlash is feedback enough.
On the topic of feedback, like I said before he's in a really weak spot, but I noticed he's also really buggy atm.