Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AkuenOCe

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
Why even remove Q +Auto from brush?

So many champions can chain abilities and autos together, and now not rengar?
The same concept can apply to Rengar's Q affecting turrets. So many other champions (Nasus, Darius and Garen just for a few) can use empowered auto's on turrets. Why remove Rengar's ability to do so?

Fishywtf

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
Why even remove Q +Auto from brush?

So many champions can chain abilities and autos together, and now not rengar?

Anyone with a reset can AA + reset.

Trynd can AA + spin.

Anyone with an AoE (Darius, Zed, etc.) Can AA + AoE.

Riven can beat her face in the keyboard.

But Rengar isn't allowed to Q + auto?

haha and this is coming from a non rengar main. listen to this guy

Rengarbage

04-05-2014

@bossmann1313 Thanks mate! I was reading a website that said "additional damage" and I didn't think it was correct (would have been massively OP haha).

Barzany

04-05-2014

Scruffy, what were you thinking. Not only did you overnerf rengar, but you put him in a position where he remains meaningless to a team. Other than being a tank, which I daresay there are numerous champions better at performing the task, he offers little to a teamfight indefinitely. In higher Elos, if you hope to engage as rengar, the enemy team will back out as soon as the first notification of his presence is made. He doesn't outdamage any bruiser, he cannot assassinate, he cannot push, he offers little cc other than a snare, in fact he resembles the new skarner. Rengar is now a stat stick with little to no valid presence and use. He is no longer a threat. He is no longer a viable pick. Nothing he has is unique, His savagery mechanic is similar to kassadin E now. After 700 games as rengar, I fell in love with the champion he was.. and now I can't even look at him. Thank you for ruining my and many other's experience with this champion and this game.

CamoClad

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
We have an ult change coming in the next patch that will not alert enemies if you wouldn't be visible to them outside of stealth. This is really big for when he is ganking or approaching his targets from a brush or near walls. It was pretty silly to alert the enemy when Rengar wouldn't have been visible out of stealth anyway, you guys were totally right on this one.

Also, the Q and Empowered Q attack animations are getting significantly sped up. This will fix a lot of the "my Q didn't go off" cases, and it's a non trivial buff in his dps output over time.

This isn't the end, but it's what I can say is coming with certainty right now.
So Scruffy, now that you had laid out a few things for fixing Rengar, any chance we could see you back over in your Skarner feedback thread with an update and or anything to show that you it isn't the end for the Crystal Scorpion? Would be great to hear a few words of encouragement from you since we havent heard anything, encouraging or not, for what the future holds for Skarner. If you are or if Riot is done with him for now, please just stop in a say so that we can begin the phase of getting over it and not hold on to this slim chance of hope that more is on the way in the near patches. Thanks Scruff.

Cacahao

04-05-2014

Just a fast reply here.

I actually like the rework. And the only problem that I have is near to be resolved, the R warning.

I am building him with Ionian boots, black cleaver and visage for a fighter Q-caster experience and it feels good in general, but the only problem that I have is that even with 40% cdr, Q still feels a bit slow to cast and does not as much damage as before (maybe I'm wrong with this).

I would like that Q being a bit more spameable, just 1 sec less on it's cooldown would be nice. Someone else feels that Q should be a bit more spameable?

Orvan

04-05-2014

Scruffy I really wish you'd let his Q hit structures again. He is so boring to play now.

Trading Aces

04-05-2014

I propose that normal bola be upgraded to snare and empowered be upgraded to stun. It has around the same cooldown as Morgana's snare and would fit better logically. Bolas wrapped around someone's feet would not slow them down, they trip them up aka snare them. A net would leave someone completely incapable of doing anything.

Barzany

04-05-2014

Rengar is no longer meaningful as a champion. In fact, Fiora perfoms the exact same with better results. Her E provides a larger attack speed buff,which resets per kill, her Q is a high damage nuke and gap closer, her ult provides invulnerability similar to rengar ult, but this time with the ability to do high amounts of damage. Rengar no longer performs, he is in essence, a mish mash of stats in an attempt to "balance" the things you didn't like about him. His pickrate, and winrate were extremely low as it is, but now they'll sink even further. The rengar people once loved is gone, and now we have a champion with an irrelevant kit to an even more irrelevant purpose. Rengar cannot even compare to many other champions who fulfill the same thing as himself. Shaco stealth is far superior, renekton W far outdamages both rengar Qs, his armor buff is very short lasting in a teamfight, and is nothing compared to shyvana buffs. Rengar is no longer worth playing. Sorry for the unorganized ideas, however, after playing 700 games as rengar, him being my favourite champion, and then all of a sudden just losing him like that, you've ruined my entire experience of this game.

EricCartmon

04-05-2014

a lot "small thing" restricted rengar's power
I feel i could do more if these thing is fixed

Q animation is too long, I could land more AA(one or two) if I m not stuck in that animation
also Q bug mentioned be4

the "hit box" / collision box is buggy. I dont know it is the pathing or what, getting creep block alot more then other champions. it is messy especially when u chasing or cs. ( it was like that be4 the rework )

Bola damage, it is a skill shot now, just buff a lil bit the dmg of normal bola. 50 at lvl one it is just pathetic

also if Q could be a small gap close like Elise spider Q, a small range 150 or 200 leap but doesnt allow u to jump over wall, it would be great

not enjoy playing the reworked rengar