Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Im so bad yuck

04-05-2014

@riotscruffy
@scruffy
@riotjay
@riot
@rito

I hope you read this, for I have some suggestions regarding this rework.
I fully understand the outrage on the forums, for this rework was kind of pushed too fast, but now that it is on live, I have some information to give.

First and foremost, Q feels a little... bland. I'm happy that it still has that part of its old code and increases Rengar's attack speed for his next attack after a successful Savagery, but this is still not enough. Maybe increase this bonus to 100%? This would definitely make it more useful during trading and jungling alike.

Another thing is that Ferocious Q's Attack Speed scales. I don't want to sound wrong, but considering that both AD and AS increase with levels as well as one's equipment, it just seems to be weak until you get damage items, where it becomes 'okay'. Why not make it that you actually get maximum AS bonus at level 1? It still makes little difference considering Reng's damage being weaker until higher levels anyway.

Battle Roar is something that works the best out of this new kit, but it has a major problem connected to itself. This ability was what caused Rengar to be nerfed over 4 times already. To make it more powerful is to sentence Rengar to another nerf. Additionally, there is no best use case, therefore you always feel like you could have used it better, and this lower the fun level of Battle Roar overall.

Bola Shot is almost perfect. Almost. It's utility is exactly the same as it was where it was targeted. But now that it actually is a skillshot, it'd be so much better to buff something damage-related, either base or scaling (NOT BOTH!).

The ultimate was completely ranted upon so many times that I feel like not having to describe what is actually wrong with it. In my opinion, you made it the way it is (no speed bonus if not facing enemies while in stealth, warning, ferocity after destealth) to limit Rengar's burst and weaken his escapes, but only one of these changes would have been neccesary. Kind of pushed over the limit of nerfs. If it is to stay on the level it is, why not lower the cooldown? 2 minutes feels like a lot, something between 80-60 seconds at rank 1 would be more appropriate to respect its power level.

Additional problems: Ferocious Roar and Bola still receive bonuses based on ability's rank - namely defenses and slow, these should be completely scrapped (I have a few ideas as well, but this post is getting too long), Q feels buggy (namely Q while leaping and trying to use Q while also spamming other abilities + hydra causes it to cancel AA while it didn't before).

Thank you for your attention.

Scrabble Dabble

04-05-2014

The old rengar was fine!

Cirath

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by na darklarik View Post
next patch!? this needs a hotfix asap. You mean we gotta wait for 4.6!!?!?!?!?!

^^^^bump

eatsgokuforlunch

04-05-2014

Bump

inplane

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrabble Dabble View Post
The old rengar was fine!
Indeed it was. He had redeeming strong points but shunning weak points.

But apparently ol'Rito here hates stealth, and that's more of a reason to kill our poor kitty.

63214C

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

Most of what others are saying, I think Rengar's Savagery (Q) is a bit weak at the moment, it's also a bit slow compared to before at building up some damage in my opinion. Like maybe some penetration or something and damage might help it. As well with it not being able to be used on towers, I found some difficulty since it doesn't really disappear if you have it active your auto attacks are a bit messed up from the 'jab' or recoil it gives.
Also I found his heal to be normal or that it didn't even change, it doesn't heal too much but it's usefulness didn't really decrease all that much.
I've loving the Bola Strike due to the range increase and how you can do a lot more of it
As for his Thrill of the Hunt (ultimate/R) it doesn't seem that great with people knowing since they would just hide around under towers before you can even come up to them, like I pretty much used to use it to travel distances and just instantly jump in but now that you guys have pointed out how people waited (well sometimes I did too when something instantly occured), what if he became unstealthed while he stood still or something instead of being revealed? If he was like not moving properly within a set amount of time (a very short time) then possible something? I'm just assuming in my opinion that letting people around know he's there isn't working out
Edit: I also forgot to mention that the stacks he gains from his ultimate over time is a bit slow, but it does have it's usefulness but I've never really needed the rest of the charges it gives

3mptylord

04-05-2014

Can we make the warning more thematic and visible?

Why the ! symbol when you already have that symbol Rengar sees above people? Not to mention the ! is hard to see. Also, I swear the sound effect is missing of him ulting near you.

Rengarbage

04-05-2014

Hey everyone,
I'm a little disgusted by how rude the comments have been getting towards Scruffy and Riot in general. You're all acting like we are superior or something since we are the consumer. Well guess what, it's a free game made by Riot, and we have no right to say anything rude. Also, I promise you that Scruffy is only trying to improve the game. Do you truly believe that he wakes up in the morning and plans to purposefully agitate people? If you do, you're wrong.
If you all want Riot to go about changing Rengar to something else, try to state your opinion in a civilized manner.
In fact, I can see why Riot re-posts the supporting comments - because many of the opposing are so hateful that I have trouble reading them.

MajorPain9

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengarbage View Post
If you all want Riot to go about changing Rengar to something else, try to state your opinion in a civilized manner.
See the Skarner Rework thread. That strategy doesn't work.

Stanleyyyyyy

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengarbage View Post
Hey everyone,
I'm a little disgusted by how rude the comments have been getting towards Scruffy and Riot in general. You're all acting like we are superior or something since we are the consumer. Well guess what, it's a free game made by Riot, and we have no right to say anything rude. Also, I promise you that Scruffy is only trying to improve the game. Do you truly believe that he wakes up in the morning and plans to purposefully agitate people? If you do, you're wrong.
In fact, I can see why Riot re-posts the supporting comments - because many of the opposing are so hateful that I have trouble reading them.
Fuq you we want old rengar!