Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Christonya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

From the games I played with him (only two though) he was weaker from a damage perspective, had more utility from E, and his ult felt REALLY REALLY bad due to being literally a slug.

IMO because of the mobility boots nerf, his ults move speed needs to be considerably increased, and his Q's damage needs to be increased 'slightly'. Lastly, with the way he generates ferocity off his ult, I would like to see him have the ability to "Bank" ferocity stacks, so he can come out, begin fighting and not worry about wasting a precious feroicty point.

Edit: So early on it was proposed that when Rengar uses his ult enemies are made aware of it, I assumed this was a sick joke. I didn't even realize that that piss poor change even made it through, the whole point of stealth, let alone stealth on an ULTIMATE ABILITY WITH A LENGTHY COOL DOWN, is the element of surprise that is OMG not there...

Hi Im KeIIy XD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

A hunt. The way it works is, a long period of waiting or chasing, followed by a quick, bloody burst of excitement; the bigger the prey, the bigger the rush. In my opinion, Rengar should have less teamfight potential and more of his 'blow-squishy-up' factor. Perhaps make Rengar gain damage on a target that is more isolated, somewhat similar to Kha'Zix? As a hunter, he shouldn't be engaging in long fights, but instead leaping in and quickly finishing fights with his knife and claw. In my opinion, he should be a single-target assassin. Yes, he needed more counterplay to peel off back line. And yes, split pushing didn't really fit his style. But the Q attack speed nerf wasn't counterbalanced well enough. Attack speed may not be the stat a hunter needs, but damage is definitely one. I appreciate the effort to bring his Q damage up to par, especially endgame, but he should have a higher risk vs reward playstyle (e.g. will his prey defeat/elude him? Smaller window of time/opportunity to finish off his hunt). The attack speed actually helped him a lot in lane, and an earlygame nerf to his damage did very little to compensate, forcing him to build bruiser. I would very much like more damage to be added to his Q or an extra effect that would make him have a similar brawling strength as he did before from his attack speed, hopefully something that fit his 'hunter' idea more, like a very short armor debuff on empowered Q or something.

EDIT: I think that an execute would also be a good idea on his empowered Q, or something that makes him unable to instagib a squishy with no time to react, but would also allow him to chase down prey in the jungle. I don't like the idea of a hunter being a tank.

XxSoundwavexX

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Hey all,

The Rengar update is live and we're playing and monitoring his performance a ton on our end. Let's use this thread for constructive feedback. Once we have more data we will definitely be adjusting his power levels up or down if he needs it.

-How are the changes playing for you?
-What builds are you using?
-What lanes are you playing him in?
-Finding any bugs?

I've already seen a suggestion that I like: his alert to enemies during the ult only appears if they would be able to see him out of stealth, we're already talking about this a lot internally. This seems like a good way for Rengar to optimize a bit more by taking clever paths on ganks and approaches.

-Scruffy
Mate one problem, you really ruined what Rengar was, and btw i want old khazix back. Tonight the hunt is..........nowhere near what it was in the past

AccelerationZx

04-04-2014

Anyone got any tips for playing new Rengar in the jungle?

hoobaloob99

04-04-2014

he blows now his ult sucks no speed buff and no stack build what is this. thanks for castrating my favorite jungler.

Takran

04-04-2014

I used to play a lot of rengar, and honestly, I have to say: I actually quite like some of the changes. Here is my opinions on it:

Positive feedback:
-I think the new bola is awesome. the range is perfect and the slow satisfying. It is a good upgrade. This change makes me so happy!
-I also like how bonetooth is a trinket: it opens up build paths a lot.
-battle roar feels fine too.
-the ult feels nice, and I like the speed/fury generation. it is just right in that way.

As for negative feedback I have only two things:
- the q feels good on cooldown, but bad on towers. as it is now, it resets the attack timer, but doesn't go on cooldown. While I agree that mad splitpushes are bad, as it is now it feels like we get the worst of both worlds: especially if you use it empowered. I think to make the q feel better it needs a little less lag in use, and it needs to have some kind of tower usage: even if it has reduced damage on structures or some other appropriate tradeoff, it felt good to triple hit a tower or inhibitor.

-as for the ult, I have one issue: the exclamation mark when you get close. I feel this is unfair, as there is already an indicator across their team (or at least in vision, not sure which). champions like nocturne or twisted fate don't have special warnings when they are going to ult toward you, and I feel that the exclamation mark on top of the other indicator kinda defeats the purpose of the stealth as it gives a specific way to tell where you are stealthed. while I do approve of an indicator, having a second "i'm even closer" indicator is kinda depressing.

Tsuusetsu

04-04-2014

I will try to explain this very well for the reds, because they have the opposite opinion that we have of stabby kitty.

1 - He is an assassin, not a bruiser. I dont know how many players have to stress this on the forums, but essentially 90% of players agree. He should NOT be a tanky bruiser that you CAN build into an assassin if you want. Just the opposite, he should be an assassin you CAN build into a bruiser if needed.

3 - The Q nerf was far far far far to harsh. As his main damage ability, I feel as if its power was reduced at least 70% It does not seem to do remotely the same damage as before until I have 400 AD, a point that matches rarely get to.

4 - In addition, the removal of AS on Q has hurt his sustained damage far more than the reduced cooldown can ever make up for. The removal of it hitting towers is also absurd. Its an on hit ability, virtually every other on next hit attack hits towers. I understand you needed to nerf his split pushing, but this was not the way. Instead maybe make it so empowered W does less to minions. Anything else.

5 - His ult feels clunky and wrong. I am open minded, I understand all the changes you made and WHY you made them. I can see this from both perspectives of red's and players. Without gaining ferocity during stealth, it makes it feel wrong to activate it before going into combat...in fact, I can rarely find a time where I want to activate it in a match. Perhaps make it so instead of gaining ferocity slowly after exiting stealth, you instead gain 3 ferocity the moment you pop out of stealth, and 4 with a bone tooth neclace upgrade or something.

6 - Bola. I do like the new bola, I like skillshots...but I feels to wide for me. I seem to hit minions when I aim for champions. It could be something I just need to get used to, but something feels off about it.

7 - Their is something wrong with jump Q. I think its been listed in the thread already, but when I jump Q, rengar just simple stays, and I have to reclick the target for him to hit them.

8 - Double Q feels slow. I Play a lot of nasus, so I know what a Q should feel like without AS. It feels like he does it slower then it should, the animation plays to long.

Please fix rengar back to the stabby cat we love. An assassin that kills squishys. I know you dont beleive thats how he should be, but it is. He is similar to zed, talon, or Akali (who gets no love btw) Do NOT make him darious/garen with a stealth and jump.

D3NiZ3N

04-04-2014

I feel like Rengar's Savagery animation shouldn't activate when attacking a structure since it doesn't affect structures. I say this becasue there HAVE been a couple of times where I activated the ability while attacking a tower, simply out of habit, and all of his following attacks on said tower ended up having the empowered attack animation until the ability expired. It kind of made it look like he was smashing the heck out of the tower but doing no extra damage.

NicolasWasTaken

04-04-2014

He is strong in the jungle and bad in top lane, then again maybe he is good in the jungle beacuse of feral flare...

zNoob Saibotz

04-04-2014

Now he cant top because his E is f*ked, slow clean time because his Q is f*ked too, buggy. Im very sad right now. Thanks for destroy my favorite champion in the game Scruffy. You now what ? I LOVE ASSASSIN Rengar, not STUPID MEAT SHIELD CAN JUMP TO SOMEONE. Please bring back old Rengar, if you cant do any good, please dont.

Sorry for my bad English.