Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troy242621

04-04-2014

Wonder how many people are refunding Rengar,...

TO THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW, you can refund him without the use of a refund token if you contact player support. It's free, because he was reworked. When I found this out, I went from being absolutely livid to being quite angry, but not wanting to throw tables.

Maybe if enough people refund and they realize they're losing profit because instead of buying Rp we're just refunding Headhunter, they'll realize they dun f*cked up. Lol. I WOULD like to thank Riot for allowing that, but seriously, you neutered our cat. I feel like I got screwed, but at least it also feels like they care. They didn't have to allow that. Still p*ssed though.

RITO SENPAl

04-04-2014

Personally i feel a good approach to being able to change rengar into a more viable assassin would be to take power out of his w and reinforce his Q in some shape to increase the base damage or the % of extra ad is provides. And from all the complaints about hitting the turrets are understandable, i can also see how he was a powerful champion when left alone top, possibly changing Q's extra damage to dealing only 50% damage would make it balanced on both sides. Finally the warning range seems much too large and should be reduced down to rengars leap range, giving a brief warning instead of the 2-3 second warnings they have now. I am also glad to see that the Q leap bug will be fixed next patch.

IAmDC

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
There are a few people suggesting that the warning from his ult should be global. We thought about this idea actually but it was actually too punishing for Rengar because it gave his opponents too much time to react, and essentially removed all of his ganking power. Enemies would all just back up to their tower before he could engage, so we went with a much shorter warning time frame.

I'm much more keen on the idea that if he wouldn't be visible, the warning will not appear. This rewards clever paths and approaches when ulting.

I still dont know why his ult needs to warn people anyway.

We arent warned when TF leaves lane to gank...

Or when Eve is right behind the enemy tower...

Or when Shen has his ult ready...

It feels like the Ult change was catered to people who dont want to think...When Im playing against any global champion, I have to remember and calculate my risk. Shen/TF already ulted, I can be aggressive...if they didnt ult, I make sure they are in lane/ I have an out incase they do ult..

Can someone please explain why Rengar's ult was nerfed? Rengar's ult isnt a teleport like all the other globals. He moves at a mediocre speed towards his target, and they just use the gapcloser/out that most newer champions have and make it under their tower safe and sound.

I understand why TF/Panth/Shen/Noc/Eve for example, have indications...but they can also teleport right into the fight/behind their targets blocking off their escape. (Shens most of the time uses their ult to turn fights, by the time he ults, the other team already engaged and would normally need to flash, if no flash, they die.)

So can someone explain why they changed his ult?

Uproar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan choi View Post
i just shake my head in sadness to put down my kitty kat rango. Not viable to bring my kitty into challenger games anymore. I was okay with nerfs upon nerfs upon nerfs. This rework was where i give up. Things that needs fixing. Q should be able to hit turrets because the damage and attack speed is nerfed. W should really be scaling of ad instead of ap. E should have a faster missile speed. <-- one of the slowest skill shot in game. R needs to have a shorter indicator range because it makes no sense for the indicator to be so much longer than jump range. The transition from normal to empowered skills needs to flow smoother. It takes too long to be able to use the same skills in succession. There is currently no role rengar exceeds in so let's just wait until 1 of these changes gets implemented.
he has spoken its time to change!!!!!!

IAmDC

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy242621 View Post
Wonder how many people are refunding Rengar,...

TO THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW, you can refund him without the use of a refund token if you contact player support. It's free, because he was reworked. When I found this out, I went from being absolutely livid to being quite angry, but not wanting to throw tables.

Maybe if enough people refund and they realize they're losing profit because instead of buying Rp we're just refunding Headhunter, they'll realize they dun f*cked up. Lol. I WOULD like to thank Riot for allowing that, but seriously, you neutered our cat. I feel like I got screwed, but at least it also feels like they care. They didn't have to allow that. Still p*ssed though.

I actually didnt know you could still refund after reworks..but cool ty.

The thing is, i dont want my RP/IP back. I want my champion back.

Troy242621

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmDC View Post
I actually didnt know you could still refund after reworks..but cool ty.

The thing is, i dont want my RP/IP back. I want my champion back.
Oh I agree, I'v mained Rengar for ages. I do HATE what they did to him, but the balance and marketing departments are different. I DO have to give them credit for allowing that. That said, they wrecked my cat and I'm still angry about it =\.

AngryFlames

04-04-2014

I honestly think the new rengar is fine :P
He's more of a bruisery champion now but honestly he isn't bad

Dagartru

04-04-2014

And now he's reworking Darius....if this guy touches Darius i swear to god .

Stay . Away .

Raizuken

04-04-2014

Just like that one scene where Scar kills Mufasa. I feel like thats what happened to rengar.

NewDudeOverThere

04-04-2014

how about from now on. those who do the rework has to play that champion 50~100 times. So that they can really get to know the champions on a really personal lvl. for example would be the dinger rework, best rework so far IMO