Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrulyBasedGod

04-04-2014

Im gonna go straight to the point, you can nerf rengars burst, ok. You can nerf rengars split push, ok. you can nerf whatever, ok do what you gotta do. BUT PLEASE revert the alert on his ultimate, please... That is all I ask. And if thats impossible to do at this point then would it be possible to make it a global alert? that way we trade the element of surprise for some utility a la Nocturne. current state of rengar depresses me very much, to the point where I'd rather just not play him at all. do something with the ult like the double stealth/escape to make up for it, just anything and I will be whole again. I want my lion back, That is all

Canstainer

04-04-2014

Rengar lost his signature mechanic. Can still be a ultimate Hunter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoClad View Post
The rework of his ult has killed my perception of Rengar as a competent hunter. The alert of him being nearby is as if someone hunting a deer steps on a twig while making a stalk. Its a classic blunder on the part of a hunter and the good hunters, both man and beast take great pain to not make such a folly. Hell look at how big cats that stalk and ambush prey go about their business, the creep and stalk, taking great pains to remain unseen, unheard, unsmelled, unnoticed. The system of alerting Rengar's prey just, and I think Im stealing Morello's words here, kills the "fantasy" of Rengar being the ultimate hunter.

il eat you

04-04-2014

Also, please don't ignore my post! I would love to at least hear what you think of my ideas.
Furthermore I forgot to say this.

The fact that Nasus gets to hit towers with Siphoning Strike and Rengar can't Savagely strike them is straight stupid.

Balance it to make sense or change the ability entirely. I know the game isn't about logic but why can't Rengar smash a tower with his hand when Nasus can infuse his attack with dead souls and use it in a draining magical attack on a structure.

Nasus with teleport and ghost siphon striking a tower while he can ult wither and escape is just as bad as the cat swiping at it; this Q resitrction makes sense neither logic wise nor role wise.'

Make it a bleed DoT so you can have it make sense & rebalance it for not hitting towers.

NA Darklarik

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noric View Post
Great to see you fixed this - but i would suggest pushing hard for a hotfix. Player opinion of rework Rengar is going to be warped by the bugs and it may be too late next patch.
Shhhh better, have everyone forget/refund him then when he becomes mega strong next patches it goes unnoticed by only a few people who arent cry babies.

ForumPostingAcco

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Hey all,
I've already seen a suggestion that I like: his alert to enemies during the ult only appears if they would be able to see him out of stealth, we're already talking about this a lot internally. This seems like a good way for Rengar to optimize a bit more by taking clever paths on ganks and approaches.
But he's revealing me. Just like Twisted Fate's ult. Why shouldn't I get a notification if he's hiding in the bush?

How about you fix a different problem?

il eat you

04-04-2014

Champions like Nocturne can give very little warning and insta teleport to a target

The issue isn't the notification or the ult. Its the fact that giving power to it as an offensive initiation makes it a rigged escape. You balance the alert with move speed so he can actually get in? Great, you've given him one of the best escapes in the game. (luckily he's nerfed so hard and can't hit a damn tower with his Q, so he can't do that role correctly either)

Like no one here seems to mention,

Balance it an an initiation only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by il eat you View Post
Make it an out of combat cast. We already talked about his removal of split pushing and his ult being a hunting move, remove all escape context. I don't care how. Prevent him from using it as a tool to get out. The kitty's ult is significantly harder to balance as both an offensive move and an escape, and that's why you're having trouble (along with the multiple roles reason) and you're not going to find a proper solution for this ult and his capable roles otherwise.
OMG SCRUFFY I GOT IT!

ACTIVE: Rengar activates his predatory instincts, he begins to prowl losing 75% movespeed over 3.5 seconds. After his prowl is complete, he enters stealth gaining stealth gaining vision of all nearby enemy champions for 7 seconds or until Rengar damages an enemy with one of his abilities or basic attacks. While stealthed, Rengar gains 15% bonus speed and an additional 20% bonus movement speed while moving toward an enemy champion. Enemies are made aware that Rengar is nearby if he is less than 2000 units away.

Now if you allow him to take towers, he has to entirely gimp his own movespeed in order to get out, thus giving defenders a chance to catch him even if the tower is destroyed before they get there. Farthermore, while he's so slow, a pink ward would be easy to drop.

Lastly, he gains a **** ton of movespeed so he can position even with the warning, but the movepseed can't be abused as an escape thanks to the while moving to enemy champ & prowling conditions

Please scruffy, please respond to this concept

SpderMan

04-04-2014

if youre going to keep the warning on his ult can you make it global(like noctunre) and not just nearby champions? that way they at least have to guess who hes coming for

ForumPostingAcco

04-04-2014

*reads the first 5 red posts*

People are complaining about needing to build Rengar tanky?

LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ASSASSIN GOT EVE'd

My main got wrecked, and now so did yours, Rengar mains. Who's next Riot? Kha'Zix? LOL

BubBoy

04-04-2014

The tears of rengar mains are delicious...

thanks i dont need ban this **** noob braindead champ anymore ^^

Canstainer

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpderMan View Post
if youre going to keep the warning on his ult can you make it global(like noctunre) and not just nearby champions? that way they at least have to guess who hes coming for
But that have nonsense with rengar theme fantasy. What kind of Predator gives warning when he is stalking?.

Nocturne does cause his theme is the Fear.