Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeWhoHates

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
There are a few people suggesting that the warning from his ult should be global. We thought about this idea actually but it was actually too punishing for Rengar because it gave his opponents too much time to react, and essentially removed all of his ganking power. Enemies would all just back up to their tower before he could engage, so we went with a much shorter warning time frame.

I'm much more keen on the idea that if he wouldn't be visible, the warning will not appear. This rewards clever paths and approaches when ulting.
Whatever happened to the previous ult rework?

If I'm not mistaken it something along the lines of; when he ults he did not go into stealth mode he was super buffed (MS, AD, AS)/jumps all in and if all failed, he had a secondary ult (short time laps) for stealth *an escape*.

eatsgokuforlunch

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByWaffle View Post
^ This

Also, the damage on his Q needs to be buffed imo, at least for the basic Q. Right now, it feels just really awful and weak.
lol 20 base damage level 1 CUTE kitty

also youo can not even double Q reliably because it takes forever to hit enemies and his wave clear is just terrible...they should have kept some AS on normal q and damage to towers should have been decreased to half and not taken out completely.. hell any other ad champ takes turrets faster than him now what a joke..

CrimsonAxests

04-04-2014

It's almost as if, now hold on here guys, people are being toxic because they dislike the rework :O. The fact that all people supporting it have more downvotes than likes and that the post itself has the most downvotes of all should show that. Not like it matters what the league community says anyway, never once have i seen riot actually change their plans in the players interest, so making a post on how to improve rengar is pointless. Oh how riot has fallen

Giuse86

04-04-2014

@Riot Scruffy

I have been using Rengar with 9/21/0 Masteries
Hybrid Pen, Scaling Armor, Scaling MR, and Lifesteal as Jungler and also using TP and Smite for Summoners

My Build is Feril Flame, BLack Cleaver, Boots of Swiftness with Alacrity, Last Whisper, Frozen Mallet and Either Trinity Force, BotRK, or GA as my last Item Situationally and had Great Success.

I really Do love the New Rngar and if he's here to stay when I go to Pax East 2014 I want to meet you in person and thank you myself for making my Favorite Jungler My Best Jungler.

Filling Furosity to 4 then Bola to gank and then Net right after almost always Guarantees a Kill and when I get up to them I just Spam Q W untill they die with my Lane team mate. By end game I was Melting tanks because of all the Stack BTN and FF gave me and easily won those games.

P.S. I was able to 3v1 a Jax a Lee and an Akali in one of my matches. His sustain is GREAT!

eatsgokuforlunch

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuse86 View Post
@Riot Scruffy

I have been using Rengar with 9/21/0 Masteries
Hybrid Pen, Scaling Armor, Scaling MR, and Lifesteal as Jungler and also using TP and Smite for Summoners

My Build is Feril Flame, BLack Cleaver, Boots of Swiftness with Alacrity, Last Whisper, Frozen Mallet and Either Trinity Force, BotRK, or GA as my last Item Situationally and had Great Success.

I really Do love the New Rngar and if he's here to stay when I got to Pax East 2014 I want to meet you in person and thank you myself for making my Favorite Jungler My Best Jungler.

Filling Furosity to 4 then Bola to gank and then Net right after almost always Guarantees a Kill and when I get up to them I just Spam Q W untill they die with my Lane team mate. By end game I was Melting tanks because of all the Stack BTN and FF gave me and easily won those games.

WTF are you talking about are you trolling

il eat you

04-04-2014

Hello Scruffy. I am very upset with this rework as well, though I won't resort to offensive language.

Look, the main issue here is you simultaneously nerfed ALL of Rengar's areas other than tank, which his kit doesn't fit correctly regardless.

So hit ult was upsetting because people instagibbed. You wanted to introduce counter play so you alert them. But you ALSO nerfed his damage so severely he can't assassinate anyone unless he's stupidly ahead. That's two major nerfs for one solution, making his ult incredibly underwhelming and just under powered.

So no instakill? Okay you can see him coming! HAH but we'll also remove his ability to instakill altogether, so he can't physically do it AND you can see him coming!

wot...

Here's my suggestion. It's a small one. Maybe you'll get his ult to work like that with alerting when in vision, but I think that's messy and will lead to other issues.

The issue was that Rengar was using his ult to take towers and escape. Why not put a casting restriction or timer on it? If you want to alert everyone fine, but you're clearly defining it as a hunting move not an escape. So specialize in one. You already wrecked his ability to take towers with his Q which is overnerfed entirely, so why forget his escapes with his Ult they weren't fun anyways.

Alert everyone within the distance fine, but increase his movespeed by another 20-30% so he can actually get to his target despite the warning. Make his stealth the ultimate speed form. Like Yi.

But then he'll take towers and run like no tomorrow!?

Make it an out of combat cast. We already talked about his removal of split pushing and his ult being a hunting move, remove all escape context. Make it so he has to not attack or be attacked for 4 seconds. Make it so he can't activate it within X range of a champion. Make it so he can't take damage for 3 seconds or it goes on 10 second cooldown, I don't care. Prevent him from using it as a tool to get out. The kitty's ult is significantly harder to balance as both an offensive move and an escape, and that's why you're having trouble (along with the multiple roles reason)

Remove the escape, buff the initiation.

If Nocturne jumps on someone directly with his ult, Rengar can move at ludicrous speeds to get into position. Just like Nocturne, it's an offensive move only, and enemies are alerted in a time frame that Nocturne could legitimately insta teleport to you.. His ult is underwhelmingly suck and you're going to have a tough time balancing him as a split pusher or assassin as long as it serves both purposes.

Oh and a final possible suggestion, only if you go down the assassination path. Instead of giving Rengar movespeed coming out of stealth, why not make his first blow deal a crippling strike of some sort and slow his target.

Spiderfuzz

04-04-2014

Let me get this straight, right now Rengar was mostly retooled to be a threat that's not impossible to know is coming, but is hard to tell how? He has a high utility kit with a lot of tools even if there isn't that much raw damage, and once he jumps in from his ultimate he goes into kick-ass mode and relies on confusion and a bunch of different effects to remain powerful?

It simultaneously sounds horrible for higher level play but amazing for bronze-to-platinum play, which I'm in. I like it. Once you get the bugs and QoL stuff worked out, at least.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

04-04-2014
14 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsgokuforlunch View Post
FIX His Q it does not proc when you jump on some one ! You keep talking about his ult scruffy but his MAIN DAMAGE ability is BUGGED do you understand the frustration? Or should I cry harder?
Just fixed this, will be in the next patch for sure.

NA Darklarik

04-04-2014

Quote:
NEXT PATCH!? This needs a Hotfix ASAP. You mean we gotta wait for 4.6!!?!?!?!?!

Troy242621

04-04-2014

Quote:
While you're at it, can he have a Q skill again? All it is right now is a ferocity builder. His CC skill actually deals more damage.