Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Black Okami

04-04-2014

I played quite a bit of Rengar before the change (tho by no means a pro, hell i did best in the jungle.) But so far this new Rengar just....doesn't feel..complete. When I'm playing him and whether I do good or bad, it just doesn't feel very good. That being said, every once and awhile (usually while chasing multiple stragglers after a teamfight) I can really see what riot was trying to do,but those moments are few and far between. One other thing, I don't really feel his damage being dealt against anything but squishies, it just sorta appears if that makes sense.

Overall I really don't like it, but I'll try him some more to see if I can understand him better.

Edit: Also bugs galore on Rengar. It's not doing him any favors >.<

abbasqamar

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Haelstorm View Post
I agree with the Q feeling sluggish. However, I did manage to find a good jungle build. Didn't carry, but I had a ton of assists and barely died.
My jungle build was Spirit of the Ancient Golem, Boots of Mobility, Trinity Force, Spirit Visage, Randuin's Omen, and Last Whisper.

I find that although Rengar doesn't melt like he used to, if you get enough CC on your opponent you can stick to them long enough to kill them. The Boots of Mobility worked really well with his ultimate and the new bonetooth necklace as well as the movement speed bonus from trinity force. Helped a lot with catching up to your prey. The Randuin's helped with keeping them slow while E is on cooldown, and Trinity's Phage passive also helped me keep up.

Overall I like the new Rengar. I find being tanky can be just as deadly as being an Assassin. My score for the game was 3 1 16.

My only suggestion would be to speed up the Q or animation or something. Something about it is making it feel slow or actually be slow. I know it doesn't grant AS anymore, but something there definitely feels off.

Anyways, good work Scruffy and the team that worked on Rengar! I love my tanky junglers and I'll be playing Rengar a lot and experimenting with different builds. Hope you guys can do something about Q's clunkyness though!

Thanks Guys =)

Please dont post you non professional advice here..

one question though

what if you lost your identity like suppose your name is smith and i call you donkey wt do u feel!!!?

Marcel Hearne

04-04-2014

Nerfing a champion is one thing, but you guys just managed to make Rengar unplayable and boring. Clearly these changes are hated by the community, so I don't get how anyone thought it would be a good idea for this to go live. Rengar was my favorite champ and unless he is reverted or at least changed back to an assassin somehow, I don't have any interest in playing league anymore. Thanks for ruining my favorite game, Scruffy.

Edit: also that skin is complete ****

Apex Demon

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbasqamar View Post
Please dont post you non professional advice here..

one question though

what if you lost your identity like suppose your name is smith and i call you donkey wt do u feel!!!?

It's just my opinion...

SeikyuHaste

04-04-2014

I feel very annoyed about the decision to defend the alert on his ultimate as is when it could be global like TF and Nocturne`s. That way the warning still exists but not specifically to the person he`s ganking.

STKuja

04-04-2014

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the notification should ABSOLUTELY be a global audio like Nocturnes and not a visual prompt.

DrackNath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

Riot Scruffy if your reading this there still time for you to undo the mistakes you have made
Work on this again with the help of the forumsers who are actually dedicated to making REngar the ultimate hunter assassin not a freaking tank bruiser

oceaser12

04-04-2014

Suggestion: ALlow his q to damage towers once again.

Ulti: i like what u did with how he only gains movement speed when charging toward someone. Here are 2 more suggestions that will allow counterplay to rengar while also maintaining a viable assassin.

1: When you get within x range of somebody while in your ultimate you should be revealed (similar to eve). SO say the range is 600 of someone, Rengar can jump from this range. Rengar would be a very slow moving projectile (maybe 1.5 seconds to travel to his target, giving counter play). IF you are revealed during your ultimate you should still be able to jump to ur victim for x amount of time.

Guillermomoto

04-04-2014

And Riot won't reply again. Or they will just quote someone from the 1% who said he liked the changes, even if it is evident that he never played Rengar before or after the changes, because they are just Rengar haters encouraging the obliteration of the champion they hate

L3onidas

04-04-2014

If you want to keep the ult on this version of Rengar then make it so that he gains more MS running towards target and only get the "!" IF they see you ulting otherwise no...its just too sluggish right now.