Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alfavhunter

04-04-2014

I tried 3 builds in new rengar

Tanky ad
Assassin ad
And ap

So far

Ap seems to do the most damage for assassinating people, has the strongest push (due to wave clear and litch bane), and if generally more helpful to the team from decent aoe damage

And none of them felt they were powerful or engaging vs playing someone else, like jax fiora, shyvana, teemo, exc, all of these champions split push better, are better in team fights, and have more surprise or gank potential than rengar now

Zan Vorez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Jag View Post
One thing I'm curious on here is what is an assassin's idea of winning lane, especially in the top lane. When we see assassin's top lane they're generally more than happy to be able to farm against bruisers.
Jag, not to sound rude but do you even know what an Assassin is, or is supposed to do? Sorry, but this message conveys the biggest problem recently with Riot's balance philosophy and it's that you've completely lost sight of the Assassin fantasy. I don't want to sit in lane and click on minions for the last hit. I don't care about minions. My entire identity as an assassin player is to FARM CHAMPIONS in the early game to be able to scale into late game faster than the people who are receiving reliable and steady income through timed waves of walking gold that doesn't fight back. This is the very definition of HIGH RISK HIGH REWARD. If I wanted to sit in lane for 20 minutes clicking on little wads of UN-interactive gold I would play an ADC.

I'm not a Rengar player, I suck with him, but Assassin Pantheon fills a similar niche- Dominate lane and use ganking power to wreck other lanes to win before the ADC inevitably farms into an unstoppable life-stealing powerhouse.

You are punishing classes that punish making mistakes, and it makes the game boring because it's like you want there to be no risk taking allowed. ADC's are not the golden standard by which to balance around. There need to be counter picks and counter-play and risky choices. Is it really this difficult to comprehend?

It looks to me like ANYTHING that can kill and ADC when they make a mistake is nerfed. God forbid they don't get to late game and carry a game. No, they must be allowed to scale indefinitely with no counterplay aside from a more skilled ADC.

This meta feels less like League of Legends and more like League of ADCs-and-4-other-people-who-are-largely-inconsequential-to-the-outcome-of-the-match... and it's only getting worse.

In summary, there is nothing Toxic about an assassin doing their job, which is to blow up squishy farming targets before they become a problem as they are inclined to do. Minions never stop spawning. They never get smart. They never avoid getting killed. People do. People wise up, they ward, they stop over extending. I don't see how being punished for your mistakes by a class designed to punish mistakes is anti-fun.

Apex Demon

04-04-2014

I agree with the Q feeling sluggish. However, I did manage to find a good jungle build. Didn't carry, but I had a ton of assists and barely died.
My jungle build was Spirit of the Ancient Golem, Boots of Mobility, Trinity Force, Spirit Visage, Randuin's Omen, and Last Whisper.

I find that although Rengar doesn't melt like he used to, if you get enough CC on your opponent you can stick to them long enough to kill them. The Boots of Mobility worked really well with his ultimate and the new bonetooth necklace as well as the movement speed bonus from trinity force. Helped a lot with catching up to your prey. The Randuin's helped with keeping them slow while E is on cooldown, and Trinity's Phage passive also helped me keep up.

Overall I like the new Rengar. I find being tanky can be just as deadly as being an Assassin. My score for the game was 3 1 16.

My only suggestion would be to speed up the Q or animation or something. Something about it is making it feel slow or actually be slow. I know it doesn't grant AS anymore, but something there definitely feels off.

Anyways, good work Scruffy and the team that worked on Rengar! I love my tanky junglers and I'll be playing Rengar a lot and experimenting with different builds. Hope you guys can do something about Q's clunkyness though!

Thanks Guys =)

alfavhunter

04-04-2014

The problem with rengar now is base stats and Bugs and the missing leap on E, with how he is he deserves a leap on E to struck targets that also reveals the target as long as it isn't stealthed

Rengar base as should be comparable with trynameres and his tanky base stats comparable to Darius he also needs better attack speed scaling because of the removal is AS on Q

MajorPain9

04-04-2014

You don't change a champions identity with out telling the fan base. It gives off the impression that you don't give a damn about what the players think, because the players are only giving feedback on how to balance a champion with the original identity.

Scruffy did this in both cases (if you count any of his posts to be actual feedback), and the communities reaction is to be expected. Rengar fans saw riot ditch Skarner in the grave, and now are screaming bloody murder because they are about to do the same with there kitty.

Riot created this entire mess, and really dropped the ball on having an open, honest discussion about why the felt the need to change the identities on both of them.

Pwyff and Lyte, or even Morello need to come in and do some damage control. Am I pissed off at what Scruffy did to one of my favorite champions? Absolutely. I am more pissed off though that his managers allowed him to do it, and do it in such a way.

Hexagoat

04-04-2014

I played him a lot before the rework in threes and always liked him, but i am enjoying the rework a lot he is still a lot of fun to play as i really like the trinket and it's a good idea to make his abilities get stronger with his level. I built Black cleaver randuins trinity and spirit visage

stealthfox94

04-04-2014

Man this scruffy guy just can't catch a break.

stealthfox94

04-04-2014

also lol at people downvoting positive comments further proof that GD is a cesspool.

UltimaGalaxy

04-04-2014

Let me get at something here: Rengar is now meant for assassination over a period of a few seconds, at least on paper. So then why does his ult need a notification? His major issue was jumping from stealth and deleting carries, so now that he can't do that, why is his ult less powerful? This seems like a sloppy double-up nerf that wasn't thought out.
-A non-Rengar player looking in

Commando Yi

04-04-2014

haven't played him yet but knowing you're history i'd like to congratulate you in advance on destroying another champion

i'd only request that you lead a rework on lee sin, vi and elise next as i don't like those junglers very much