Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stanleyyyyyy

04-04-2014

My fixes for rengar.
Keep passive the same in bushes if he's going to show immediately on leap fine.
Q: it should be able to do much more damage than it does now right now it's almost the same as a regular auto lmfao. You can't even double q right now cause it's bugged.
W: keep the same
E: keep it as it is (skill shot)
R: take that ****ing indicator away. How does it feel to ult and someone puts a pink down? You just wasted your ult and could possibly die. What were you thinking adding that in? You can see before you reworked him people have been able to kill him without this. Also what's the point of gaining ferocity AFTER his ult? You won't even be doing anything after the ult and initial burst.

Please take into consideration.

DrackNath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleyyyyyy View Post
My fixes for rengar.
Keep passive the same in bushes if he's going to show immediately on leap fine.
Q: it should be able to do much more damage than it does now right now it's almost the same as a regular auto lmfao. You can't even double q right now cause it's bugged.
W: keep the same
E: keep it as it is (skill shot)
R: take that ****ing indicator away. How does it feel to ult and someone puts a pink down? You just wasted your ult and could possibly die. What were you thinking adding that in? You can see before you reworked him people have been able to kill him without this. Also what's the point of gaining ferocity AFTER his ult? You won't even be doing anything after the ult and initial burst.

Please take into consideration.
I agree with this guy but remember
as much as i wanna say the same thing, people will QQ about Rengar again so they will need to do something about it...I wish they will realize Eve has the same problem...because unless we have pink wards it will be too late before we notice her.. and shaco is basically completely invisible without us know so they also need to fix those if they do this to rengar..

DrackNath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

My fixes on Rengar
Q: The dmg could be slightly higher...its already hard to harass and beat Tournament level Top lane monsters like Shyvanna, Renekton, Susan(Nasus) and many others. Rengar will need the slight dmg increase to his Q to actually compete against them

W:its fine as it is... but the base dmg could be increased abit like by 10s or 15s

E: its fine...leave it as it is but increase the base dmg more

R: i will not say anything because QQing will all i will do so JUST FIX OTHER STEALTH CHAMPS!

ShinigamiKazuki

04-04-2014

The changes to Rengar seemed to be focused at random points.

You didn't want him to be an amazingly safe splitpusher, so you removed the Attack Speed on his Q before Ferocity.

Then you wanted him to have a better Team fight so he gains more Armor/Magic Resist for an empowered Battle Roar.

But it makes no sense, many damage nerfed now. He either chooses to Battle Roar when going into fight or use his empowered Savagery for more damage.

It makes no sense what we should use him for now. His build paths seem to be completely gimped to being a bruiser-fighter like Renekton or Shyvana now.

He wasn't "Binary" before, he is now more BInary than ever before as people won't know what to make of him. It's nice that you got rid of his super hard split-push but you also got rid of his sense of identity.

By removing his Assassination identity, you now have made him confused as to what to do.

You shifted too much focus on making him a Team fighter, yet he is an assassin, which should be amazing at taking out squishies, and yes he still is somewhat.

I feel like he is just not as good as before. Not enough focus was put on what his primary role SHOULD be. It's more like "Well he is good at team fighting now if he were to use Battle Roar right away, and he is semi-good at taking out the squishies."

It's like you have him at 50/50.

Kha'zix is now even better than Rengar is. Kha'Zix can leap without being seen, and can have 3 chances at stealth. His leap is refreshed and has a large range if evolved.

Rengar doesn't have a primary role anymore, he has a bunch of secondary roles meshed into one big cluster f**k.

Each skill seems to be one mini-role.

Seriously, please fix. Plus fix the bugs and add the QoL buffs.

abbasqamar

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
He gets bonus movespeed in stealth, a leap out of stealth and a speed boost once he breaks stealth. All of these things speak to Rengar needing to be at least slightly crafty in approaching his engages rather than push R, right click squishy and blow them up.

[EDIT] Gonna get some food. I get this thread is super passionate but let's assume a discussion is going to be had.

This doesn't mean everything you demand will happen, but it does mean that your concerns or pains will be heard and either should be solved by a different play approach, are actual strategic tradeoffs and design health implementations, or are genuine pain points that should be addressed by design.

Dude i got your point you wanna say rengar rework never reverted.. got it! thanks

plus if you think he has insane split pushing then why nobody ever picked him LCS as split pusher?..
most insane split pushing power i could say that is TRYNADAMERE! he hit he hit so hard....

suppose i got rengar other team had trynadamere do you think i can stop tryna????

he all just need 2 items and he is bashing out of me!!
i cant ulti on him i know he could kill me with few auto attack and yup his RAGE 5 sec Rage Unkillable ??

so how could u say that rengar has insane or save split pushing power? then why he never used in LCS Or in Korea as split pusher?

he used as Tankgar in some matches !!

plus 0-100 he cant do this if he is not fed or someone is squishy below half health..
he need items to do that!!

last night i was spectating a challenger match the rengar was attacking the jax and jax ignored him completely and kill the enemy Adc and after that he was half hp and he killed rengar with ease!!

and yup ZION Sparton used jax as unstoppable split pusher 2 time after that every time opponent was banning JAX ..bcz you cant stop the jax ..

when rengar was a prob???

Kronic Mushrooms

04-04-2014

I'm done Riot.

Thank you, because this was the final blow.

I am taking my business elsewhere.

Time to un-install.

DrackNath

04-04-2014

Guys if we need to blame someone!
WE have to blame those noobs in Bronze and silver QQing about champs that arent even strong in High elo....
Look at Morde his not even a threat in High Elo yet Riot still nerfed him to the grounds.....and yet to even Rework him....
Hecarim was powerful yes but still there are far stronger junglers that out class him everyway...
ITS ALL THE BRONZE AND SILVER QQing little whiner babies FAULT!

Dysey

04-04-2014

I like that Riot is trying to balance Rengar and add more counter play to his kit, however in doing so I feel that there were a few issues overlooked in the current live version. Rengar completely lacks sustain in the jungle now making Jungle Rengar very difficult in the early levels and early ganks extremely risky due to the damage in his kit being lowered in the early levels.

I agree with other Summoners when they say that his new Q feels clunky, this is especially apparent when doing your first clear through the jungle. And while I believe this Rengar does have more counter play to him, (mainly because of the ult warning) he is extremely item dependent.

As an Assassin there are some core issues with Rengar that he shares with Diana. He has a one way ticket into a fight with no way out, but lots of sustain to stay in. Where he has sustain Diana has a shield. Have there been any versions of Rengar where he has some kind of reset mechanic in his kit to give him the healthy kind of Assassin pattern that has been mentioned in the past or is it intended for him to use his ult to escape instead of engage? If so, then why is Rengar punished for using his ult in combat receiving a 3 second delay on cloaking? If not, then what kind of Assassin pattern is he suppose to have?

And I am confused in regards to Rengar's new ult style in gaining stacks as the stack gains do not display like they did pre-rework as slowly gaining during his ult, and now he gains them after he leaves his ult. Was this intentional? If so why?

I also noticed that Rengar desperately needs boots or an item like zeal in his kit to properly chase/position himself without burning flash in the early game, was there a change to his movespeed or did the change to his ult and the new trinket cause this?

Sorry no TL:DR for this.

EDIT: Forgot to ask about the new Bola being a skill shot now but lacking in the damage department, did it receive a buff in the slow thereby being a net balance or did I miss something?

I would like to apologize on behalf of the Summoners in this thread who are spewing bile and not adding to the discussion. We know that each of the employees of Riot do their best at their jobs and work hard, all of you show it and we appreciate you, thank you.

Onitok

04-04-2014

You people killed rengar. He is no longer fun to play and is basically a meat shield that can jump with his ult. THATS IT. Either remove champ from game or bring him back because you people have destroyed what was once a fun champ. I will no longer be playing this champ so he might as well be an empty slot in champ select. Like wtf kinda bull**** is this. HIS Q DOESNT BURST. His early game is **** since he can longer deal damage like hes suppose to, and he cant do anything. You ult and so what? Its not like your gonna do enough damage to the person you jump on because his q is **** now. His bola is **** now. His ult is **** now.

Lol Rengar has 1 ability that isnt worthless, amazing job riot. You people are ****ing amazing.

eatsgokuforlunch

04-04-2014

**** your rework SCRUFFY I ****ing trusted you fukc man you disappointed us.... you just forced me to play goat simulator wtff

Edit: If you wanted to turn him into a cliche bruiser you failed miserably ... His kit is bugged Q animation goes off and does no damage.....1 second delay between q and fq how much counter play do you want to add to him wtff my rage meter is 100000killimanjaro

Edit 2 : I am enjoying goat simulator tho