Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hawkmed

04-04-2014

Good luck on selling that new rengar skin, cause I'm sure in hell not getting it because of this.

Borand

04-04-2014

I think I like the new Rengar.

His Q though doesn't feel anything else than an auto reset (a slow one) and a ferocity charger. I wish it had something more tied to it. Other than that, he feels way better (W gets stronger in fights, W can be used outside battle, E skillshot + stronger effect, BTN now is a trinket so he has more room for itemization, BTN doesn't lose stacks, W heal scaling).

The Lifesteal Quint nerfs kind of hurt his sustain (have tried him on the PBE), not to the point were it's unbearable, but it's definitely noticable.

I think he's viable with Zekes, but the item lacks stats to trace in to the late game. Other than that, I like 1 lifesteal item on him (Hydra or Bork), tank masteries, tank/bruiser build.

TL;DR
I'd like for Rengar to gain sth more when using Q, and I'd also like Q to feel more responsive (it feels too slow)

Love and Peace

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubbems View Post
People haven't figured out how to quarduple-Q yet. Once they figure that out they'll be crying for nerfs. :\

I still feel like he has no place in the Jungle, which is sad as I think knifecat should be a jungler. The only place he'll be viable is toplane because you have to bait out flashes with your bushleap. Maybe as a super invasive jungler, idk.
The quadruple q require what 5 seconds to preform that isn't a quadruple anyways good luck nobody is going to leave you alone to do it

Kloudstrife

04-04-2014

From a gameplay perspective, I really like what you've done with this rework: Rengar seems a lot healthier to play against, and while feeling less power overall, he's probably a straight better champion.

My only real concern, and one that probably doesn't have a big impact on the rework anyways, is that Kha'Zix gets a lot more from completing the event than Rengar does, now.
Not a humungous balance problem, but in Kha'Zix vs. Rengar games you have less ability to duel him now, anyways, and if he gets the kill/assist on you, the extra evolution point is a much bigger power spike for him than for you. And the way the trinket works, there's less an option to just opt out of the event as well.
Like the rework otherwise, this just stood out as something that bothered me.

DrackNath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

I FINALLY FOUND A WAY TO PLAY THE NEW RENGAR!!!!!!
BUT!!!
He needs a bit more tweaking before it will actually make him a RENGAR not a ***** cat

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
So let's talk about that perceived "incompetency" in a champion change - what do you perceive Rengar to need and what do you perceive this rework to have killed.

If you say super safe split pushing, you're going to make me sad.
It's not just rengar though, we've had a lot of rapid fire reworks lately and for the most part they all suck.

While we're here visual updates: Splash art continues to be bad, most the models and spell effects tend to be fantastic but the animations suck.

The Sound

04-04-2014

Hey Scruffy, keep your head up man. Ignore this vitriol and hate. Slap on some bug fixes to Rengar and he'll be fine!

NA Darklarik

04-04-2014

Quote:
The Q not working on towers feeling bad might be a truth but do we agree that Rengar's split pushing was absolutely obnoxious without tradeoffs? If not, maybe that's where the conversation should start.
I completely agree that it was. But his ult has a Ton of counter play now.

1. At lv 9, you can buy an Oracle and completely invalidate his stealth.
2. Now has a warning to help better keep up with where he is going.
3. No longer gives MS for running away, there are champions who will be able to keep up with him.

Considering these 3 factors The Q change was just TOO MUCH at once.

Stanleyyyyyy

04-04-2014

Quote:
So let's talk about that perceived "incompetency" in a champion change - what do you perceive Rengar to need and what do you perceive this rework to have killed.

If you say super safe split pushing, you're going to make me sad.
Assuming no other champs have safe split pushing... You good?

Kronic Mushrooms

04-04-2014

Originally Posted by DrAntagonist (Scruff and RIOT staff need to see this ASAP!)

Ive never been so upset with an update on a champion in my life. Rengar was my main champion and my favorite to play in League of Legends. His play style was fun, fast, and gave him a since of persona. A hunter who stalks and attacks with pure aggression and ferocity. This new cat is not Rengar. This is a complete joke and shadow of his former glory.

Im not a game designer. Im not a professional. Im not someone who has extensive knowledge behind champion data and how a game should be made, but holy mother of god does Rengar feel like he's in the wrong game now. I cant put my finger on WHY he feels out of place. Or WHY he's so bad now. Maybe its the early burst gone? Or the post 6 stealth jukes and shenanigans? Who knows. I personally think one of the biggest issues is everything.

E. The Bola change was needed. He needed something to help him stay on a target if they got away from his ambush. And it being a skill shot helped fix the endless harass from top Rengar. But its travel speed is so slow, everyone I tossed one to could dodge it without a second thought. It is insanely slow. I dont expect it to be over powered or anything, or even really strong, but if i can hit a damn slow, its not a slow, its a missed skill shot and spell.

W. Although I like the W change for more armor per champion hit, its feels...lack luster. I'll get back to this later as it seems to fix a problem you guys knew would happen...but let it slide anyways.

Q. One of the biggest issues if not the largest. Lowering damage could have been done during number tuning is something, not lowering the damage AND attack speed. . . oh wait, you removed that completely. I feel this is huge because due to this change alone, jungle Rengar just feels slow, inconsistent, and useless. I barely had a clear time and if at any point the enemy jungler came into my camps, I had no chance to defend myself. The attack speed gave him a persona of the ruthless hunter attacking with everything he had. All I have now is a BASIC ATTACK that I CANT USE ON TOWERS. That's it. No attack speed to help clear camps and help deal more damage in team fights, no extra AD to help with general tower breaking or anything. We cant even build Ferocity anymore off of towers while taking them down. (Which btw, If I win a fight top lane, I'm gonna hit the tower a few times. Now all I can do is basic attack it while Nasus, Tryndamere and Trundle can use their spells and split push all damn day. Making me have no reason or way to do the same if I fall behind. Literally nothing. Which brings up his new ult.

R. I hate this R. On paper it looks fine, nothing but buffs right? Wrong. True you build ferocity now and get a SMALL speed buff when coming out of stealth, which could make for some weird plays. . . minus those plays are inconsistent as his E/Q and if anything make me mess up my planned attack pattern. Under a perfect situation into a fight you charge in with % ferocity built up. You use % for your spell of choice, then proceed to continue your assault, minus now, your GAINING FEROCITY TOO FAST. This is a major issue now because your target is now running. Why is he running? He got a heads up you were there. Now that he is running away, you had to act fast, your already back up to 1/2 ferocity when you start using your other skills, landing all of them, (since its hard not to once you leap on someone) Until you notice you just used your ferocity effect on your W and not your E. Simply because you managed to hit 5 Ferocity before you wanted to, tripping up your spell order and wasting damage, heals if needed, or roots if chosen. This has happened more then once to myself. It feels as if I go in only to trip over my own feet tangled in the bola i didn't mean to even throw. Which brings me back to the W issue. I get into a fight, that people get that heads up in, I trip over my own skills and waste everything and mispositioned myself due to an in-game mechanic, and then am left with basic spells (if up) and 3-5 champions extremely glad the Knife-cat cant do his job anymore. Yes the 5 man W gives him a ton of armor and MR...for four seconds, with which I explode with my lack of damage and nothing but a small four second defense buff.

Dear Riot. You ruined my favorite character in your game. You ruined my experience. I don't expect you to buff him. I don't expect you to fix what you've done. I hardly expect you people to read this. But on the small tiniest chance someone at Riot reads this, please let your team, co-workers or even know yourself, I for one am completely disappointed in your work with this champion.